Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-12-2020, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
My lovely mother passed away 7/12/14 and once again I go over the days leading up to her passing.
Remembering each day, each evening, each night, minute by minute. I was fortunate to have been with her during her final days
Despite knowing she's around me, as with us all, who have lost a loved one, it doesn't take away the missing, but it shows us just how much love is there.
My profile photo is a photo I took one evening about 2 weeks after my mother passed. I had asked the day before if she could send me a sign.
I was always taking photos of my 2 dogs and I took one that evening.
She loved them both. I was sitting on her sofa at her house when I took it.
I saw nothing when I took it, but when I checked the photo, what a surprise I had! I knew she was fine ^j^

I appreciate that you shared your experience with us. I was with my Mother when she died. I was the one who announced to the others that she was gone. Even though you know they are in a better place, I went downstairs and cried.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Matthews
I lost my father and my son in law this year. While difficult I do know they are doing wonderful.

You seem to be taking their lost well...... but when my Mother died, I thought it would not bother me..... but it did. So, in a little way, I can only imagine how you feel.

Take care.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you.
I know my mom is fine, too...saw her in my first and only Lucid dream...
they are amazing, btw.

One of my sisters grabbed up a lot of Mom's things. I had first 'grab'.
That sister took all of that stuff that she could fit in a u-haul trailer so as to put it in a room to become a shrine. She did that also with her Father. She would go to his gravesite where she would see and talk to him.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy amethyst
On the 27 th November 2020 at 1.46 pm my husband passed away I never felt so much love for one person i feel your loss.

So recent.

Sorry for your lost and thanks...... for sharing.

Old 27-12-2020, 04:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
When we pass over we leave our body here and our soul travels on,

As it is free from the body the illness we suffer stays here, so no more pain

As a medium i can tell you. that your Loved ones are fine and Healthy now.

So there is no need to fear that they suffer on the other side.

They are free and Happy,

Namaste

Thank you Native spirit, I lost a loved one this year and this is very comforting.
Old 22-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
My lovely mother passed away 7/12/14 and once again I go over the days leading up to her passing.
Remembering each day, each evening, each night, minute by minute. I was fortunate to have been with her during her final days
Despite knowing she's around me, as with us all, who have lost a loved one, it doesn't take away the missing, but it shows us just how much love is there.
My profile photo is a photo I took one evening about 2 weeks after my mother passed. I had asked the day before if she could send me a sign.
I was always taking photos of my 2 dogs and I took one that evening.
She loved them both. I was sitting on her sofa at her house when I took it.
I saw nothing when I took it, but when I checked the photo, what a surprise I had! I knew she was fine ^j^

My Mom passed 02/03/19 @ 1125 am. A few weeks before her diagnosis I had a few dreams. We surrounded her in her hospital room. I leaned over to Dad and told him to let her go. A few weeks later she was diagnosed with colon cancer ( her 2 strokes and MS did not help matters)

The night before she passed I was asleep in bed with her when I dreamed of a white door closing on me. I woke up in a frenzy and found my Dad putting a white hospital blanket on me.

I talk with my Mom every morning. I can still see her smile and hear her voice.

Last edited by Bill1673 : 22-01-2021 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

For all that have loved and lost, I am truly sorry.

I lost my mother on the 10/12/2016 and my father on the 20/02/2017. My mother to Parkinson's and a rare blood disease, and my father to cancer.

The sad truth about death is that we are oblivious to it most of the time even though it surrounds us, and even though it is a fact of life. We allow ourselves to distance our feelings and thoughts around it because it's not somebody we know, or it's not directly affecting our lives at that moment. Then one day it happens to somebody dear to our hearts, coming quickly into focus and more real than ever. Suddenly death isn't just a word but a feeling, of cause and effect.

In the aftermath, we go through the motions neither one of us following the conventional patterns of grievance, taught to us by those who have yet to face death head-on. We don't grieve in any particular way or form because we each deal with pain and hurt differently, and that's OK.

The truth is, nobody tells you how much it will hurt to lose somebody you love, but then again, nobody reminds us to appreciate them more while they are here. That's because sometimes you never really know what you had until it's gone.

In our hearts and deepest memories, we seek to find a comfort that leads us down a path to healing and in remembrance of those we lost, we pay our respects and offer our forgiveness.

As a tarot reader, knowing the meaning of the Death card actually helped to remind me that following death is rebirth and transformation. I believe in life after death, and I believe they are safe and that they are at peace. I know that when I ever come to doubt that, nature, signs and synchronicities they remind me of their presence. Butterflies, feathers, music, rainbows...they are here and they still live among us. They watch over us, protect us and most importantly, love us.

To those that are still looking for that comfort, I offer you the words on my mothers grave a piece of a poem that reads

"Softly the leaves of memory fall, gently I gather and treasure them all. Unseen, unheard, you are always near, so missed, so loved, so very dear."

My father loved the poem Desiderata to which I agree, has a lot of valuable insight about life. I shall leave you with the beginning of that poem the words on his grave, which I think, gives us all a little wisdom to live by.

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence."

My thoughts are with you all and know you're loved ones are at peace.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Knower
I feel like the hardest part, especially in the beginning is once the service is over and people go back to their normal lives.. you still feel stuck in concrete. It's still hard on me, however I feel like I mourn her more for other's than myself. I've come to terms with her being gone. I just haven't come to terms with other's feeling the same as I do.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:21 PM
Administrator
Yes bill that is so correct when it slows down people leave, some you will see again others you wont.
As a child my grandmother used to take me through the cemetery by her house we would sit there for hours.
just reading the head stones and enjoying the peace.
Sometimes she would see me waving to people they were spirits. at the time i thought everybody could see them.
The smiles on their faces was worth a lot. no pain going where they wanted
I was only three four maybe but i used to have conversations with them.

There is no death just a continuing of life

Namaste
Old 12-02-2021, 09:27 PM
Knower
Native, it's odd how people view things. Around most people I accept their condolences. However, to myself, I think of my Mom as having a new Birthday. She graduated from this realm to another.

That's pretty cool you were that close to your grandmother. Just the idea of someone so close to you accepting the things you can do. My great Aunt had similar abilities to yours. She said she could see the spirits of all the animals that died along her road. Now that I think of it she was always drawn to me. Maybe she knew I was more like her than other family members.