Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-03-2022, 08:20 AM
Master

What would you do if you were God?

I would make all bombs and guns and weapons and ammo and missiles disappear. Make all pollution and toxic stuff disappear. Then I'd make all bad drugs and chemicals disappear. Then I'd make anyone who has done a violent crime disappear. Maybe make a new planet somewhere for them all to go to. Then I would make it impossible for any woman to have more than one baby for like 500 years. That would reduce the earths human population every year.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:09 AM
Master
So people would no longer have siblings if you were God. And what is a ''violent crime''? Where are the lines drawn?

As for me.... I find it a difficult question. I can imagine a world that would be more to my liking, and it's always one where humans live in sync with the environment and don't push other species to extinction, don't destroy forests, don't pollute. But I can see a world like that working if we are purely animals. Many of the things that make us human are also the things that create a 'consciousness' of mastery over the environment in us, and a belief in hierarchy. I view all of THAT as the problem to most issues that we face. We are too successful for our own good, and it comes at the cost of other living beings. We take what we want but usually don't give back.

So what would I change? I don't really know. Change the human brains so they can't develop this mentality? But then again I would be tampering with many of the things that make our lives easier and allow us to study and ponder the universe as well. Do I want that? Not really. So what is it I do want?

It's a very difficult question. I don't wish to intrude on agency and the human spirit, but at the same time I do believe we need to get wiser. But how can we achieve wisdom if we are all forced? Does that create positive change? Usually it doesn't.

I suppose, in the end all I can do is live up to my own standards and hope to inspire others. I do not want to sit on the throne of a deity.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I would make all bombs and guns and weapons and ammo and missiles disappear. Make all pollution and toxic stuff disappear. Then I'd make all bad drugs and chemicals disappear. Then I'd make anyone who has done a violent crime disappear. Maybe make a new planet somewhere for them all to go to.
This is dealing with the effects of human ignorance rather than the cause. If human consciousness remains the same then all the old problems may eventually reappear.

So if I were God I would contemplate My Creation as a work in progress, slowly but inexorably moving towards a perfect expression of My Divine Plan.

Thus all the current problems on Earth will eventually be resolved as human consciousness becomes more aligned with My Purpose.

It may seem a slow process but I as God have eternity to watch it unfold. And I see that behind the apparent problems there is sublime perfection.

Peace
Old 11-03-2022, 07:59 PM
JustASimpleGuy

https://youtu.be/-2wutEzjy_E?t=39
Old 12-03-2022, 07:42 AM
Master
I would sack my fan club.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:52 AM
Master

I'd show myself.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 12-03-2022, 11:41 AM
Knower
I would get all the pollution cleaned up then guide humans to live in harmony with nature, like the native Americans and Australian aboriginals used to.
Old 13-03-2022, 07:32 AM
Master
Hide in the furthest of all (uni)verses, not to interfere in creation.
Old 13-03-2022, 03:06 PM
Master
I’d teleport and be happy without pain…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 13-03-2022, 08:29 PM
Knower
If we put our hand in fire, we get burnt immediately. We hence make that kind of mistake once only, at most. But when someone kills or abuses another human being, their karma may take lifetimes before coming back so they have no idea what is going on and they keep killing and raping. I would change that and make karma come back instantaneously. There would obviously be way less violence in this world in someone had a headache when when punch someone in the face!

Now, I understand God got bored and They started having fun with this cosmic multidimensional video game so I don't expect Them to change the rules...