Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-02-2022, 06:30 AM
Master
Prayer

I have developed a habit of prayer. It all started when I was young having been raised Roman Catholic. My Mother and Father would say the rosary before bed every evening since I was very young. I loved it!

We would pray when we were driving on road trips, I loved it. I would fall asleep, as they prayed.

Prayer is a mystery to me, it has always touched me in my heart and soul.
Some days it can be hard to pray when I'm feeling crushed by life or my own failings.

Other days it comes so easy, it wells up from within me, I want to pray~!
My prayers are centered on God, as I envision God to be personly. God is my best friend!. So personal, you know like Sophia.

Anyway, prayer is so crucial to me, so simple and yet so demanding of what you hold dear, and it is always challenging your faith, your love, your very being.
Do you know what I mean?

These days I will prostrate on the floor, these are my best prayer, interior prayers!
Do you pray, and do you find it hard to pray some days? And if you don't pray that's OK with me too. We are all free to do, or not do. I will not judge you...

I have always been interested in Buddhist prayers, what do they connect to with prayer wheels?
Old 19-02-2022, 06:58 AM
Master
I was once taught to pray with a mantra, Maranatha...

First recorded in 1350–1400; from Late Latin Marana tha, from Greek marána thá, from Aramaic māranā thā, of uncertain meaning, traditionally translated “O Lord, come!” or, if the Aramaic phrase is māran ăthā, “Our Lord has come”

And I hear this, and it moves me this way too... Oh So Hum..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0j4yTY_eGI

Love is God's spirit. We all should get it. Bring the mind into the heart I was instructed.. Although I am a Christian, I can cross over. Jesus is the Hum in the Oh for me...
Old 19-02-2022, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout

I have always been interested in Buddhist prayers, what do they connect to with prayer wheels?

Prayer Wheels are only used in Tibetan Buddhist Schools and for various reasons which you can Google.
Old 19-02-2022, 08:06 AM
Master
A prayer is inside the prayer wheel. Each time you spin the prayer wheel, it effectively 'says' the prayer. You can change the prayer or make up your own.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Bring the mind into the heart I was instructed.. Although I am a Christian, I can cross over.

And if the mind is ' Defiled ' ?.....
Old 19-02-2022, 09:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
A prayer is inside the prayer wheel. Each time you spin the prayer wheel, it effectively 'says' the prayer. You can change the prayer or make up your own.

The common term, 'Prayer Wheel' is a double misnomer, strips of rolled up paper with inscribed Mantras rather than prayers were originally put inside the cylinder. Mantra Mill rather than 'Prayer Wheel' is a better translation of the Tibetan 'Khor-lo'. As I said previously it's best to use Google to learn why Buddhist use them and the various usages.....
Old 19-02-2022, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
And if the mind is ' Defiled ' ?.....

We all have defiled minds to some degree? Is your mind undefiled?

That's why we pray..

The heart connection is what heals/illuminates the mind. Go sin no more... Jesus said.
Old 19-02-2022, 10:58 PM
Master
I like the way science has unraveled the mystery of quantum entanglement.

Quantum entanglement is one of the uber-bizarre phenomena seen when things get itty-bitty, or inside the quantum realm. When two or more particles link up in a certain way, no matter how far apart they are in space, their states remain linked. That means they share a common, unified quantum state. Google it.

Albert Einstein called it a "spooky force".

Albert Einstein colorfully dismissed quantum entanglement—the ability of separated objects to share a condition or state—as “spooky action at a distance.” Over the past few decades, however, physicists have demonstrated the reality of spooky action over ever greater distances—even from Earth to a satellite in space.

So in simplified words, subatomic particles are connected across the universe and will react to each other in ways we just can't see, yet..

Now prayer does the same thing in the soul, if you pray, through "a spooky force", you connect with God, with the cosmos, whatever you focus your prayers on? It's the soul's quantum state, with the divine, with God. Prayer wheels, or the rosary. Prayer connects the soul with the heart, which is cosmic and divine and will reveal its own wisdom.

Soon we will all have quantum computers, Google has one, and others do too.

I call my Mom and she says, oh, I was thinking about you..

Last edited by Nowayout : 19-02-2022 at 11:44 PM.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Thanks, I often wondered what was the method and intent.
Old 20-02-2022, 02:13 AM
Master
Inside each prayer wheel cylinder is a tightly wound roll of printed mantras. Mantras are short Buddhist invocations of several syllables. Each of the 1,400 paper sheets within each cylinder is printed with about 23,000 of these mantras. This means that each cylinder contains 32,200,000 printed mantras! Googled

OK, back to mantras... I do that.
If I put it on a piece of paper and spin it in a wheel, that is interesting. When a Buddhist does this with the correct intent, it's 's spiritually cleansing/ powerful.
I say a mantra, over and over again, it seems to enter my heart.
This is what I find interesting about the intent of prayer one way or the other, not judging one over the other, just trying to learn.

Prayers are powerful, any prayers are because they have a tradition linking to the divine. First Nations people in Canada have wonderful prayers too.. nature-centered, calling to the Great Spirit. And they dance when they pray, that is so amazing. And the Roman Catholic church destroyed this prayer, it was so misguided when they should have built upon it. My heart goes out to them, they suffered a great deal but are now reclaiming their prayer.

Last edited by Nowayout : 20-02-2022 at 03:51 AM.