Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 10-06-2014, 04:48 AM
Seeker

Why do we have be careful of using Malachite?

I was reading up on Malachite, and most information warn of using Malachite with caution, and that it's only for experienced crystal users. I mean, I heard that the dust from Malachite is toxic when ingested, but the warnings sound to be leaning more towards the metaphysical or spiritual area.

Why do we have to be so careful? What precautions should be made?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:05 AM
Knower
It's not so unlike handling copper (. . . or was it for the copper in malachite...?) in its more raw state. I read in one of these threads just yesterday about someone warning another user about handling it because of the copper, how it can be kinda toxic, and when the person finished handling it, to thouroughly wash their hands.

Quote:
but the warnings sound to be leaning more towards the metaphysical or spiritual area.
I find that kinda odd.
Stones and crystals are here to help us and help us learn. It's not normal to hear someone warning 'do not use this type of stone / use this type of stone carefully because it can be dangerous in spiritual endeavors!!'. Normally any risk tends to come from the physical side of it (such as if it has sharp edges or is made up of a mineral that is toxic to us humans or our pets).
The spiritual side of it is just energy. Our energy affecting the stone or crystal. Their energy affecting ours. Or their energy reacting to ours.
For years any time that I'd cross paths with a snowflake obsidian, it'd react to me. It'd give off this repulsor feeling, like when you put two magnet ends together and they're pushing away from one another. If I pushed it further and tried to handle them or interact with any in spirit, the feeling turned even more unpleasant, and one even 'bit' the back of my hand in spirit one time! That definately shocked me because I'd not really known any unpleasant spiritual experiences up until that moment. For several minutes I looked at my hand, rubbed at where I felt I'd been 'bit' at, and looked back at the snowflake obsidian in question. 'It bit me.. o__o it... bit me in spirit!!'
One day I asked someone about this, and she told me that nothing was wrong with the snowflake obsidians I'd come into contact with. They were either 1- reacting to my energy or 2 -how they'd been handled by other people up til that point (since our energy/emotions can stay stuck on a stone or crystal. Or, in some cases, the miners are rough and caring only for profits, not the sake of the stones, or even dying them, which traumatizes them, Hence why it's a good rule of thumb to cleanse and ground your stones and crystals when you immedately get them. Essentially, like giving them an energy shower. It's cleaning them up and grounding them so not only do they feel better, but, for us, they feel pleasant to have around and handle.)

I say if you're this worried about it, handle it with gloves, handle it as little as possible with your bare hands and thouroughly wash them clean aftearwords, or seal it in a protective container. That way it can still be carried about without running any potential risks of it's physical substance harming you.

That's my 2 cents worth anyway. I hope it's helped.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:09 AM
elisi

malachite's one of my favorites. there's no metaphysical danger.

just don't pop it in your mouth.yes, the dust is toxic.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Master
I've not come across that information either. The copper thing, yes, but that's it.
Mostly the energetic experience is personal. Many ppl can't handle the strong energies of obsidian and/or have to get used to it, build it up.
I got an obsidian skull in, was a bit wary, but I slept with it, the first night! No problem whatsoever.
Quantum quattro can be overwhelming too, mostly recommended to not sit with it for too long to start with.
Never heard something like this about malachite though. It can help release emotions. Maybe for some that can be overwhelming?
Old 10-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Seeker

Fairycrystal, I am the same with obsidian! I wear it practically 24-7. Although, it did give me one nightmare that made me realise something I needed to do or change, which was pretty cool.

I also have a piece of moldavite that does not give me flush or much feeling at all. I can tell the vibration it resonates is different than other stones, but I read it still works, so I am happy.

I understand what everyone is saying now, and I love how you all helped me with my query so quickly, you awesome folks! This forum is great!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Master
Yes it's all very personal, isn't it?!
Normally they say to keep citrine out of the bedroom, never was a problem for me. Until one night, didn't sleep well, restless. Next night, same thing. Then I felt it was the citrine skull I had on my night table. I moved him to another room, lol.
But a while ago he was in my bed, no problem, so it just varies how we react to a crystal.

The other day I had my shungite on my nighttable. Had an uneasy night, not sure if it was the shungite, but it won't be on my nighttable again any time soon, haha.

And yes, this forum is great