Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-10-2020, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't know if it's still available but it's worth checking.' Brother Son Sister Moon ' based on the life of St Francis, I think you'll enjoy it

I have that, and watched it many times before I became a cloistered monk..

Good movie, although a bit dated now. It's interesting to note that it was a blockbuster in it's time.
Old 24-10-2020, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
' Every Beginning has an end '

Except the ' Uncreated '

As a Christian I have hope and I pray that Jesus will resurrect my soul into eternal life, that's Christianity as I know it.

There may be other ways, stillness, peace, love, kindness, patience, etc, all fruits of the Holy Spirit no doubt.
Old 24-10-2020, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
As a Christian I have hope and I pray that Jesus will resurrect my soul into eternal life, that's Christianity as I know it.

There may be other ways, stillness, peace, love, kindness, patience, etc, all fruits of the Holy Spirit no doubt.

Do you personally think that a Soul is created ?
Old 24-10-2020, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
I have that, and watched it many times before I became a cloistered monk..

Good movie, although a bit dated now. It's interesting to note that it was a blockbuster in it's time.

Yes it is dated but so are we
Old 24-10-2020, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you personally think that a Soul is created ?

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that "the soul is the subject of human consciousness and freedom; soul and body together form one unique human nature."

This unique human nature is all my joy!

Also...

"Each human soul is individual and immortal, immediately created by God. The soul does not die with the body, from which it is separated by death, and with which it will be reunited in the final resurrection."

https://www.catholic.com/qa/what-exactly-is-a-soul

Do I think a soul is created? It could be that the soul is immortal and purely God's essence, like saying that "I am". Well, I am, but my soul was created... I think.

However, I have hope that my body will be resurrected and become eternal with my soul.

That is Christianity. One day perhaps, one day my body will be glorified, full of light( My soul) and material .

This world is passing, it's like a road back to the garden.

What do you think Sky 123....
Old 24-10-2020, 01:12 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Christian mystics awaken within a deep love for God.
God is everything to them, the world fleeting.
Interior knowing ( gnosis) is the wisdom of the heart in relationship
to the soul and God

Nondualism is part of this awakening ( God in me I in God) but it goes further than Buddhist views,
it is grounded in God whereas the Buddhists do not go there but would agree that the enlightened soul has divine wisdom.
*snipped a little*
Beautiful, Nowayout. I know you a little better now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches that "the soul is the subject of human consciousness and freedom; soul and body together form one unique human nature."

This unique human nature is all my joy!

Also...

"Each human soul is individual and immortal, immediately created by God. The soul does not die with the body, from which it is separated by death, and with which it will be reunited in the final resurrection."

https://www.catholic.com/qa/what-exactly-is-a-soul

Do I think a soul is created? It could be that the soul is immortal and purely God's essence, like saying that "I am". Well, I am, but my soul was created... I think.

However, I have hope that my body will be resurrected and become eternal with my soul.

That is Christianity. One day perhaps, one day my body will be glorified, full of light( My soul) and material .

This world is passing, it's like a road back to the garden.

What do you think Sky 123....

I don't believe in a Soul so don't think about it but it's interesting to read your perspective, thank you.
Old 24-10-2020, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Christian mystics awaken within a deep love for God. God is everything to them, the world fleeting.

Interior knowing ( gnosis) is the wisdom of the heart in relationship to the soul and God

Nondualism is part of this awakening ( God in me I in God) but it goes further than Buddhist views, it is grounded in God whereas the Buddhists do not go there but would agree that the enlightened soul has divine wisdom.

The Roman Catholic Monk Thomas Merton had no issues having conversations and retreats with Buddhist monks.

I believe in Jesus and I pray in that direction, however, I can also be a practising Buddhist.

Buddhist don't believe in a Soul or anything that is permanent/unchangeable.
Old 24-10-2020, 03:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes it is dated but so are we

That movie... I keep it for a special day

Check this movie: The Fourth Wise Man

It's beautiful!
Old 24-10-2020, 09:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
*snipped a little*
Beautiful, Nowayout. I know you a little better now.

Hey Miss Hepburn, always so nice to see you

When I was a Christian Contemplative monk I would sit with the old monks of the community and they had realized samadhi. They had a glow to them...

I glow at times, in and out of Samadhi... seeing the true nature of the mind/heart there is nothing to argue about there.

What comes next remains a mystery and there are many, many books about it.