Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-09-2020, 07:33 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
In Indian country we say. ("Brave up and Pray hard.")

Thanks
Old 29-09-2020, 12:49 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
POVERTY is relative. Some of the poorest people today have a higher standard of living then most people did in the distant past.

OLD AGE: When we are born; you can look at it that we have already 'aged'.

ILLNESS: Life comes with illnesses. Some we can overcome and others overcome us.

Very true, poverty is relative to the standards of the past and to the standards within ourselves as well. Many, me included, will tell you they grew up poor by comparison to how they live now, but that they didn't know that because that is just how it was. Poverty is a state of mind, as I suppose is health, and age. Often when one watches documentaries and such about people who live in other parts of the world in conditions we would call poor or even squalor, yet they are every bit as happy as any in the west who live in 2000 sq foot homes with two cars and three TVs. Often, they seem much happier. Many who have severe physical disabilities or chronic illnesses are often more content, upbeat, and courageous about life then others who are perfectly heathy.

I suppose if one considerers not letting the hardships of life defeat one and bring one down, then in a sense maybe that could be a way of defeating death. Many, who face non of those hardships I discuss above, nevertheless, grow bitter and cynical as they age. One might consider this a sort of slow death as they give up on life, love, and happiness, and consider not succumbing to it a kind of victory over death.
Old 29-09-2020, 01:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Death keeps cropping up in my life. Have people understood death? Probably not. Is it really just a transition? What about poverty and old age? What about illness? What about evil? etc.

Death will claim all of us eventually. In the physical sense and hopefully not in the spiritual sense. My question is how can we overcome or live through death? Christ claimed to have conquered death. Is Christ the answer to living forever or will we all do that anyway? Will some of us die in the spiritual sense? Or is our spiritual immortality strong enough to survive spiritual death?

Death is not only physical. It can exist in spirit too. Do those who do not seek shelter in Christ die in the spiritual sense?
Death is a wake-up; nothing more, nothing less. In a dream (here on Earth), you might be afraid you'll die, but if you do you wake up.

Poverty, old age, illness, perceived evil (there is no evil) are nightmares.

The one-who-wakes-up-through-death is you-here-on-Earth, as much as you-who-wakes-up-here-on-Earth in the morning is the you-from-your-dream: same one, but not exactly.

If you turn inwards (prayer, meditation, self-hypnosis, ...) while leaving aside all you beliefs and expectations, and if you ask, you'll find out for yourself.

Don't worry, it's counterproductive to your well-being.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-09-2020, 09:00 AM
Master
It is interesting that most of you do not find death much of a problem. A challenge maybe but not something which defeats you.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-09-2020, 09:42 AM
Master
Quote:
It is interesting that most of you do not find death much of a problem. A challenge maybe but not something which defeats you.

The feeling of defeat only arises when you strive to change something that you can't change..
Old 29-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:

Some people believe we really do not die but yet still fear death.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-09-2020, 11:55 AM
ImthatIm

I find it a miracle I can even live one day in a body.

To consider we are Spirit animating clay and water and fire and air
called the body and yet I walk around and Live.
Amazing.
One day, I will drop my earth robe or flesh suit and Live on.
Old 29-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
I find it a miracle I can even live one day in a body.

To consider we are Spirit animating clay and water and fire and air
called the body and yet I walk around and Live.
Amazing.
One day, I will drop my earth robe or flesh suit and Live on.

But then...... are we 'animating clay and water' or are we 'animating clay and water' in a symbiotic relationship with a host of bacterias and viruses?

For example, can you imagine eating food and the pain we would experience if we did not have any bacteria to help digest the food we eat?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-09-2020, 12:43 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
But then...... are we 'animating clay and water' or are we 'animating clay and water' in a symbiotic relationship with a host of bacterias and viruses?

For example, can you imagine eating food and the pain we would experience if we did not have any bacteria to help digest the food we eat?

Yes, BigJohn
You are correct and that amazes me also.
As does the whole amazing body system.
It also amazes me how this whole universe seems to be symbiotic and interconnected.
Our dependence on the sun and plants for both food and air and dependence on water
and earth and how it is all held together but yet so delicately balanced.
It all proves to me that there is an intelligent Creator that has
made and sustained Life for who knows how long.
Old 29-09-2020, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, BigJohn
You are correct and that amazes me also.
As does the whole amazing body system.
It also amazes me how this whole universe seems to be symbiotic and interconnected.
Our dependence on the sun and plants for both food and air and dependence on water
and earth and how it is all held together but yet so delicately balanced.
It all proves to me that there is an intelligent Creator that has
made and sustained Life for who knows how long.

and of course, you expounded on what I wrote and beautifully presented to all of us to see.

Thanks.