Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Phaser

What is the power?

Found this online. This should help one that's just beginning.

This comes from a lecture I had at AFC by Glyn Edwards It is called…"Sitting in the Power." circa 2006

This is the one thing I got from AFC that totally changed my way of thinking when it comes to getting in touch with spirit. It is totally different to anything I have come across so far and changes all my ideas of communication...so enjoy and please try it...it is awesome.

Normally we are taught to meditate to so we can get in touch with spirit. To relax so that we can experience the spirit world, especially if we are mediums in whatever discipline we employ.

But during one of our lectures by Glyn Edwards he taught us the difference between what we should meditate for and what we should be "Sitting in the Power" for.

The difference is simple. Meditation is for healing and trance work. When meditating we are going into a passive state, we are simply becoming a channel for spirit.

Sitting in the Power is for psychic/medium work. This means getting into a receptive state, so we can receive. Like chalk and cheese really.

Plus the difference in the energy is so different you can feel it right away.

So how do we “Sit in the Power.”? First of all use your" INTENT,” then after you get yourself ready as for meditation, relaxing and sitting comfortably, imagine you are breathing in through your solar plexus, deep but comfortable breaths, (don't overstrain) and then imagine you are exhaling out through your solar plexus, long and steady breaths.
Feel the power of your energy gradually grow, feel it expand outwards. Help it to grow by feeling/seeing it expand, allowing it to expand. Feel it be alive, excited but steady and lively at the same time. This is hard to explain until you do it yourself.

I personally feel that I am a balloon and my power/breath is filling me up, and I am rising and floating with a body full of Helium….all giggly and excited but still calm and relaxed…I love the feeling.

Let you/your power intentionally be connecting with spirit, at first not on a personal basis, but as a prelude to getting in touch with them for messages.

Then when you are ready to go into getting a message you will be surprised at how easy it is....the frequencies [energy wise] of Sitting in the Power are much more aligned to this than the frequencies of meditation. They [the meditative states] instead, are again re-emphasizing, much more aligned to Trance and Healing Work.

So try it, enjoy it, and see it it changes your spiritual work in any way. If you wish to comment on this please do, I would appreciate it.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Master

This is great and works wonderfully.

I was taught how to do this many years ago and it's amazing. We never gave it a name, it just prepared us for ritual.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaser
Found this online. This should help one that's just beginning.

This comes from a lecture I had at AFC by Glyn Edwards It is called…"Sitting in the Power." circa 2006

This is the one thing I got from AFC that totally changed my way of thinking when it comes to getting in touch with spirit. It is totally different to anything I have come across so far and changes all my ideas of communication...so enjoy and please try it...it is awesome.

Normally we are taught to meditate to so we can get in touch with spirit. To relax so that we can experience the spirit world, especially if we are mediums in whatever discipline we employ.

But during one of our lectures by Glyn Edwards he taught us the difference between what we should meditate for and what we should be "Sitting in the Power" for.

The difference is simple. Meditation is for healing and trance work. When meditating we are going into a passive state, we are simply becoming a channel for spirit.

Sitting in the Power is for psychic/medium work. This means getting into a receptive state, so we can receive. Like chalk and cheese really.

Plus the difference in the energy is so different you can feel it right away.

So how do we “Sit in the Power.”? First of all use your" INTENT,” then after you get yourself ready as for meditation, relaxing and sitting comfortably, imagine you are breathing in through your solar plexus, deep but comfortable breaths, (don't overstrain) and then imagine you are exhaling out through your solar plexus, long and steady breaths.
Feel the power of your energy gradually grow, feel it expand outwards. Help it to grow by feeling/seeing it expand, allowing it to expand. Feel it be alive, excited but steady and lively at the same time. This is hard to explain until you do it yourself.

I personally feel that I am a balloon and my power/breath is filling me up, and I am rising and floating with a body full of Helium….all giggly and excited but still calm and relaxed…I love the feeling.

Let you/your power intentionally be connecting with spirit, at first not on a personal basis, but as a prelude to getting in touch with them for messages.

Then when you are ready to go into getting a message you will be surprised at how easy it is....the frequencies [energy wise] of Sitting in the Power are much more aligned to this than the frequencies of meditation. They [the meditative states] instead, are again re-emphasizing, much more aligned to Trance and Healing Work.

Awesome! I learned something new from you today! ^_^

I don't know what "AFC" is and I don't know who Glyn Edwards is, but when I saw the word "power", I thought of personal power, soul energy, etc. Some key words (eg. solar plexus, energy) alluded to that.

My knowledge of power is more about self-empowerment and domination, so my channeler told me to "step into my position of power" to empower myself and disallow domination by others. But she did not tell me how, so I just did it intuitively. Then I learned from internet that it means centering, or pulling/calling in my power.

Questions:
When you expand your energy out from your solar plexus, how far do you have to expand in order to become receptive to messages? You feel light right? When you're done, do you pull back in your energy, or leave it expanded out?

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Phaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Awesome! I learned something new from you today! ^_^

I don't know what "AFC" is and I don't know who Glyn Edwards is, but when I saw the word "power", I thought of personal power, soul energy, etc. Some key words (eg. solar plexus, energy) alluded to that.

My knowledge of power is more about self-empowerment and domination, so my channeler told me to "step into my position of power" to empower myself and disallow domination by others. But she did not tell me how, so I just did it intuitively. Then I learned from internet that it means centering, or pulling/calling in my power.

Questions:
When you expand your energy out from your solar plexus, how far do you have to expand in order to become receptive to messages? You feel light right? When you're done, do you pull back in your energy, or leave it expanded out?

Thanks.

AFC college is a college called Arthur Finley College and is a college for Mediumship and psychic studies.

When once sit's in the power. They are not looking for an experience. They are there to develop the power in them selves in order to develop there mediumship. Once one has developed there power they blend with the spirit world and they unfold your mediumship.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:33 PM
SpiritLady

Thanks so much for this, didn't know. Ill try it out :)
Old 12-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Phaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritLady
Thanks so much for this, didn't know. Ill try it out :)

I have the actual CD, I can copy the tracks and convert them to MP3 so you can use.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:27 PM
SpiritLady

That would be amazing if you don't mind sparing the time :)
Old 16-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Immie07

I learned the exact same principles lately from a medium called Martin Twycross. Videos of his courses are on his website and include long informative lessons on "sitting in the power" and the difference between active and passive states.
The idea behind power is that it you build your power as a medium but also receive it from your audience / client. You can tell a medium who has not developed their power if you put them in front of a negative or impatient audience that does not give them much power. The undeveloped medium cannot sustain the connection through their own strength and so the connection is lost or disjointed.

Active states include prayer, affirmations and mental mediumship. Passive states include healing and trance mediumship. Although deep meditation is the opposite energy for mental mediumship and connecting with spirit, it is still necessary to meditate daily and visualise your power growing.

I've read many books and I'm yet to see one that teaches these important principles!
Old 18-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Jokes Aside

Hmmm... I just knew there was more to it than meditation! Thanks for the information. I have been trying to develop my mediumship but feel like I've got nowhere. Meditating is hard for me as I suffer with post traumatic stress that started when a child I saw spirits floating all the time in the house and my toes would be pulled out of fun. It petrified me and I fear seeing this unknown let alone a face popping up in my bedroom one night. But that's the best time I find I can do spiritual work. The problem with meditating has been falling asleep most times. I've also done a workshop where a psychic taught visualisation techniques eg imaging a pyramid To enter and meet with highest guide in the centre. Yeah nope I sucked at that too. Other times I have been laying peacefully in the moment when I hear a non-gendered voice tell me I love my cat or that my life purpose is to serve/make people laugh. And I'll get up to check around the house in case it's a neighbour outside saying it but there's nobody. So I'll try this suggestion of yours
Old 19-09-2014, 10:20 AM
CharleneMarie2712

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokes Aside
Hmmm... I just knew there was more to it than meditation! Thanks for the information. I have been trying to develop my mediumship but feel like I've got nowhere. Meditating is hard for me as I suffer with post traumatic stress that started when a child I saw spirits floating all the time in the house and my toes would be pulled out of fun. It petrified me and I fear seeing this unknown let alone a face popping up in my bedroom one night. But that's the best time I find I can do spiritual work. The problem with meditating has been falling asleep most times. I've also done a workshop where a psychic taught visualisation techniques eg imaging a pyramid To enter and meet with highest guide in the centre. Yeah nope I sucked at that too. Other times I have been laying peacefully in the moment when I hear a non-gendered voice tell me I love my cat or that my life purpose is to serve/make people laugh. And I'll get up to check around the house in case it's a neighbour outside saying it but there's nobody. So I'll try this suggestion of yours

I too have been scarred from being exposed to the scary stuff when I was a child, the best way I find to eliminate the worries of being frightened is to remind myself that I will only experience what I want to experience. So at the beginning of your meditation pray as that your are welcoming high vibration energies through your meditation, and that low vibration energies are not welcome in this session. My dad taught me to imagine a light around your area and not only put your energy towards the protective barrier but believe that your energy is powerful enough to protect you, and that in its self should give you peace of mind and allow you to focus on what you need to. Because in my experience, if you are worried about those types of things it is hard to allow your mind to let go and receive.