Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Seeker

Suicide

Hi there.

I was wondering today - presuming that our consciousness doesn't die with the physical body - what's wrong with suicide? Why shouldn't I kill myself to finally know for sure what if anything happens afterwards? ;D

All of world's religions have some sort of an opinion. What do you think (or know)?
Old 20-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
to finally know for sure what if anything happens afterwards

and once you did know what then?
Isn't life short enough?

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 20-03-2011, 08:38 PM
livluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
and once you did know what then?
Isn't life short enough?
kudos! short & sweet
Old 20-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Mind's Eye

I don't believe in hell but I think if someone were to commit suicide just for the sake of doing it, there may be some backlash or karmic penalty for it in the next dimension of life. I surely wouldn't chance such a thing.

Although I do believe that those who are in serious mental distress or are mentally ill and commit suicide have no backlash or karma... I feel they are comforted and helped once they enter into the light.
Old 20-03-2011, 07:38 PM
tragblack

Everyone is going to die. Why are you worried you won't find out unless you do it now?
Old 20-03-2011, 08:38 PM
livluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
what's wrong with suicide?

Why do you ask? What inside urges the question?

I hope I don't sound judgemental for asking, but do you ask it from a "self"ish place? The act itself will have a ripple effect on everyone/thing.

If you want proof for consciousness, you can find it in life. It's everywhere/thing.
Old 20-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Murciélago

I don't beliive in the christian concept of hell or really karmic backlash for that matter but I do know that a person who commits suicide 8 outa 10 times dosent go on(to wherever that may that be reincarnation or what) immediately they stay for a long time.
Old 20-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murciélago
I don't beliive in the christian concept of hell or really karmic backlash for that matter but I do know that a person who commits suicide 8 outa 10 times dosent go on(to wherever that may that be reincarnation or what) immediately they stay for a long time.

Christian belief or not, there does seem to be the existence of our own mind and its psychology and the psyche very well may be such that if a person chooses to commit suicide, while they go through it, they may experience even more anxiety, despair and confusion for having done so, and that may in itself be "hell". Wherever it is they go, they aren't coming back to this particular 'life', or so it appears. Burning bridges is rarely the smartest course of action, but it's not something that brings on some sort of karmic whiplash or some sort of punishment by a god.

Old 20-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Hi there.

I was wondering today - presuming that our consciousness doesn't die with the physical body - what's wrong with suicide? Why shouldn't I kill myself to finally know for sure what if anything happens afterwards? ;D

All of world's religions have some sort of an opinion. What do you think (or know)?

The question makes little sense to me, if you cross over you will know, no matter how you cross over. I have to make a correction on this statement.
Your awareness on the initial crossing over, (from the physical to the non physical earth realm) depends almost entirely on your state of mind at the point of crossing over.
Once you come back, you will have the same veil as you have now.
So, what would be the point.
Old 21-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Master
Why rush? Why not live life until you die when you are meant to die? You have forever after you die, you only have a certain amount of time while you're alive. I'm not trying to put my belief system on you. I feel suicide is something that will put you back on this earth because of Karma of taking your life, it's not a religious belief, but my personal belief, in my opinion it's going to bring you back to earth and you'll have to start over all over again, you really want to do that?
Spiritlite.