Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 23-08-2011, 02:46 PM
rekiangel

fary garden

hi all, i decided a few month ago to make a fary garden so i did, it is now all fully grown flowers with all colours it is great i have a wee waterfall in the center of it, i love goin down the bottom of the garden jst to sit and relax, wenever i go down ther i feel giggley and happy, i recomend every1 makes a fary garden xxx
Old 23-08-2011, 05:34 PM
HBuck72

What exactly makes a garden a fairy garden?
Old 25-08-2011, 03:39 AM
Boldylocks

HBuck72, a garden becomes a Faery Garden when you actually dedicate it TO the Faerykind- and make it in honor of them. In some cases, that may mean allowing the Faery the luxury of arranging the plants THEY want in that garden. That means if native plants suddenly spring up there, one doesnt immediately pull them out as "weeds".

In my case, I add perennials, but also allow for any Native plants that "blow in" mysteriously and spring up. I only prune back where needed. the Faery's garden here now has Jewelweed and this other wild vine type plant that gets these little purple dangly flowers. I found hummingbirds love both types of flowers -- as do all of the pollinating insects.

Johnnny Jump Ups' (Violas) sprung up mysteriously there , as has a beautiful woodland fern and goldenrod. The wild animals just love it-- It's a little haven for them, and that is how the Faery where I live, like it. I live in a rural area.

If a person lives in a suburban area with zoning issues, I'd suggest allowing for a garden like that in the back of the yard so neighbors don't have a fit, or else make a more cultivated garden with all perrenials and annuals found in gardening centers, but are also butterfly and honey bee friendly. Even though I live in the Country, I still make the Faery's Native plant garden look nice by adding wooden border edging, a nice water fountain, and some potted plants here and there.. Don't make it look junky or tacky.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Moon Willow

HBuck - where you find garden life you'll find fae ...like Boldylocks has said though they do prefer the gardens that are 'untouched' and filled with lots of colour and life. If you can't have a garden even potted plants will work.

I'm off to replant my fae garden now ... it needs lots more flowers for spring x x x
Old 13-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Tea Break

Angel1

I've just found out recently that faeries love Lavender plants.

So - I bought two, one for inside, and one for outside in my teeny outdoor space.
The weather has been a bit rough since then, so I haven't been outside much - but my inside plant has already treated me to her lovely soothing scent, and ... I'm seeing lots of little "sparkles" of bright white light in the room the plant is located!

Gosh - do y'all really think .... ?!

Angel Blessings to All
Old 01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Boldylocks

Angel1

Yes, I really do think-- that the faery are manifesting themselves as sparkles in your home to tell you, "Keep it up, we noticed " ;-)

The Fae really DO love lavender, and what is nice with lavendar is that you can grow it in the poorest soil, and it will thrive. It also tolerates drought rather well too, so those living in drought ridden areas such as Texas can probably grow it there quite nicely. The butterflies will also like it-- such as Monarch butterflies- and the monarch butterflies will need all of the calories they can get migrating over these drought ridden areas to reach their destination in Mexico. So if anyone living in Texas or Arizona is reading this, I reccomend you purchase some Lavendar plants online -(if you cant find them in local stores there) and water them occasionaly. leave them outside in pots and water once a week - but then when you DO get some rain, plant in the soil. They are extreme drought tolerant and you will help the butterfly population over there.

I am so happy for you!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Boldylocks

other plants that nicely tolerate drought and flower is
1. Portulaca
2. Hens & Chick's
3. Sedum (all varieties)
4. Lithops (called "Living Stones' They are succulents that resemble smooth stones and they produce splashy bright flowers during bloom time)
5. Queen Anne's Lace
6. Any wildflower normally native to dry areas will withstand drought greater than any cultivated variety.

7 Any kind of Cactus of course! Yes, the Fae that live in areas where cactus can grow like cactus also- Cactus is the type of plant that may not look flashy, but wow, does it produce beautiful flowers!