Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-04-2013, 05:41 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
I have worked with many healers over the years. The art of healing is a refined approach and practice. I have trained for years in various forms of healing modalities and specialize in hands on healings and process work. I have had clients cry on the table or during their counseling. Some don't want to get off the table they are left experiencing a tranquil state rarely encountered. Now this may sound like bravado but it isn't. Little about my work has anything to do with me. I simply tune in and search for core traumas. It's a bit of a gift coupled with a lot of training.

This doesn't address what I'd asked you..... Citing "crying clients" or those who don't want to leave your table does not explain why you claimed to be among the top 10% of healers.

You may have much success, we can't know how much and you've not quantified it for us, so how are you able to justify the claim you made earlier?
Old 14-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
This doesn't address what I'd asked you..... Citing "crying clients" or those who don't want to leave your table does not explain why you claimed to be among the top 10% of healers.

You may have much success, we can't know how much and you've not quantified it for us, so how are you able to justify the claim you made earlier?

Observation.
Were you looking for a statistical analysis followed by a peer reviewed article?
Not going to find that here. Pure observation.
Old 14-04-2013, 05:48 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I don't feel anything at all besides the fact that maybe it just isn't their calling. However, I think anyone can be open to communicating with a loved one that transitioned. It's really a matter of just trusting your instincts......trusting that you are hearing them or recieving signs and not second guessing it, which is what many tend to do...........thus those in spirit seek out mediums.

Trusting one's instincts, trusting that it's not second-guessing? Believing that anyone can be open to communicating?

That all sounds a little haphazard to me, a poor substitute for sound evidence that it's the case. It's not at all what I understand by 'mediumship'.
Old 14-04-2013, 05:51 PM
mac

Quote:
Observation.

So your evaluation of your personal position of being in the top 10% of healers is down to - observation?

Is that observation of the 100% of healers so you can differentiate between the 90% also-rans and the top 10% that you're in?
Old 14-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
So your evaluation of your personal position of being in the top 10% of healers is down to - observation?

Is that observation of the 100% of healers so you can differentiate between the 90% also-rans and the top 10% that you're in?

Thank you Mr Science. The original statement was incorrect. I can't place an accurate percentage on my capabilities concerning all healers at large around the world. Based on my involvement with the sport during the last 27 years I have the capability of moving pain. How that gets quantified for the science minded is left to the science minded. Thank you for the reduction. It doesn't change anything except for the retraction of the original statement which should leave you satisfied.

Happy now?
Old 14-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Trusting one's instincts, trusting that it's not second-guessing? Believing that anyone can be open to communicating?

That all sounds a little haphazard to me, a poor substitute for sound evidence that it's the case. It's not at all what I understand by 'mediumship'.

It does involve trusting one's instincts (voice of Higher Self inside), which is why many people can't do it. It is our very MIND that stands in the way. We THINK too much and don't LISTEN enough. But when we do learn to LISTEN it's all right there for the taking.
The biggest dragon you'll ever fight in your life is the one in your mind. Freedom lies in subduing it, until then it blocks the way to Truth and Knowledge of what is Really Possible.

The other day I was doing a healing on someone and after inviting their guides and angels to come in and facilitate it and asked that they move any information to me that was needed in a clear way thick headed lil ole me could understand and I asked that I learn more as a healer and then I began.
At one point I felt something unusual in the persons aura never before encountered and I asked the Guides to tell me what it was and I clearly heard "You know what you are doing." This was a bit startling but having faith I continued to explore the thing and try to understand it and the knowledge of what it was instantly came to me. It was a very cool discovery!

No I could have doubted all that, assumed I'd somehow made it up or invented it and so on, and if my MIND had of gotten involved in that line of thought the very lesson I asked for wouldn't have been learned. Having spent most of my life being self defeating I choose not too now. It's as simple as that.

It's all there, everything you could want to know, anyone you could ever want to communicate with on the other side and everything you could want to learn - if you want it, and if not that's cool too - this has never been a race, we're open to what we're open to when we're ready to be open to it.

Sometimes a Medium is where we first learn the truth of this, because they can access stuff we in our thinking minds can't assess yet for the simple reason we think too much! When we do learn to listen tho we become our own medium and there's no need for a middle man.
Old 14-04-2013, 06:53 PM
mac

Quote:
Thank you Mr Science. The original statement was incorrect. I can't place an accurate percentage on my capabilities concerning all healers at large around the world. Based on my involvement with the sport during the last 27 years I have the capability of moving pain. How that gets quantified for the science minded is left to the science minded. Thank you for the reduction. It doesn't change anything except for the retraction of the original statement which should leave you satisfied.

Happy now?

happy? Pleased the matter was cleared up and we have a bigger, now-accurate picture.

You are right that I was a scientist and I am also a Spiritualist for whom mediumship (the forum title) and healing isn't anything out of the ordinary - it's familiar territory so I'm readily able to see when something's not quite right.

I have no reason to doubt your efficacy as a channel for healing energy and it is helpful that you modified what you said originally - thank you.
Old 14-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
happy? Pleased the matter was cleared up and we have a bigger, now-accurate picture.

I gave you what you wanted to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You are right that I was a scientist and I am also a Spiritualist for whom mediumship (the forum title) and healing isn't anything out of the ordinary - it's familiar territory so I'm readily able to see when something's not quite right.

I have made my living in engineering over the last 30 years. I am an embedded systems engineer with a background in medical devices, scanners, e-beam, and a host of other measurement systems for fortune 500 companies. I am not new to science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I have no reason to doubt your efficacy as a channel for healing energy and it is helpful that you modified what you said originally - thank you.

I spent around 14 years training in a variety of healing modalities. I still consider myself among the top 10% of healers around the world if that is even fathomable in terms of credibility in testing. In the top 1% of the class. I worked hard. But all of that is meaningless when I engage a client. The art is in being present and connected.
Old 14-04-2013, 07:36 PM
mac

Quote:
I gave you what you wanted to hear.

I have made my living in engineering over the last 30 years. I am an embedded systems engineer with a background in medical devices, scanners, e-beam, and a host of other measurement systems for fortune 500 companies. I am not new to science.

I spent around 14 years training in a variety of healing modalities. I still consider myself among the top 10% of healers around the world if that is even fathomable in terms of credibility in testing. In the top 1% of the class. I worked hard. But all of that is meaningless when I engage a client. The art is in being present and connected.

You're not new to science yet you're careless with presentation?

I can't claim your distinctive career yet even mac's humble technical background taught him that when quoting figures one should always be able to support one's claims.

You gave me what I wanted which was the truth. The truth is that you didn't have any facts or figures when you made your claim and you still don't have any facts or figures.

As I said earlier I don't doubt your ability - why would I but lofty claims don't impress those able to challenge simple fundamentals.
Old 14-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You're not new to science yet you're careless with presentation?

I can't claim your distinctive career yet even mac's humble technical background taught him that when quoting figures one should always be able to support one's claims.

You gave me what I wanted which was the truth. The truth is that you didn't have any facts or figures when you made your claim and you still don't have any facts or figures.

As I said earlier I don't doubt your ability - why would I but lofty claims don't impress those able to challenge simple fundamentals.

Sorry if that was harmful Mac ... We don't know each other and I just spent 2 years studying the skeptics and they are really hardcore about data. Most of them won't do the work to see for themselves (the only real validation) and nothing I say matters. They have no way to know. So there is a little rawness around the edges. Sure moved through a lot of luggage though.

Look around the forum. A whole lot of claims are made here that cannot be easily substantiated with hard data.

But I do have real data and it is based on 27 years of giving, receiving, and observing treatments in a variety of circumstances. All I can say is that like any art form some are natural, some become quite skilled, and others show up for the job. I am not discounting healers either. To each their own. There is a particular retreat center where massage and variants are served. Out of 20 practitioners there are maybe 3 I can recommend. 1 is top shelf. I only go to this practitioner. It's the same for other healing modalities. I am not a John Chang however. He is a professional healer and one of the best. He is in the top 1% of healers. He is not alone either and I suspect there are a lot of healers out there at many different levels. It is not hard to conceive being in the top 10%. In the end the only real value is what the client receives. The rest is meaningless representation.

Hugs back. Enjoy the day. Nice to get to know a little more about you.