Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-04-2012, 01:09 PM
yellowlawn

TBH I find it's nearly always spirits wanting to pass on messages. I feel like the Littlest Hobo I come in give people readings that sorts out there problems, then I'm off again. And as awful as this sounds whilst in the moment it is nice sometimes, I don't feel any pleasure or satisfaction from it.

I also don't feel I have the right personality for it, and tbh I'd much rather stay the way I am than change.

I was always a skeptic and non believer and found more comfort in that and an easier life. Spirit have done little if nothing to improve me or my life.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Master

You have my sympathy, yellowlawn. But you might not have found your real calling yet. Let me give you an example. I am a newcomer as a psychic and once I learned that I had some healing capabilities, I was joyous. But it was hard, as I have talents to send healing energy but not the talent to see much of the patient's body from the inside. Blind doctors are rarely high in demand. Then I received a channeled message from Mother Earth. "You have great talents but you are using them wrong. Stop healing all those people. Heal me!" And once I learned how, I started doing that - a simple task really - and do not feel myself called to help every ailing patient out there any more. I have poor people skills so it is a great relief to have found my calling elsewhere. I still give a helping hand here and there when I get the urge, but it is no longer my life's ambition.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 PM
yellowlawn

Thanks WW. I had Clairvoyance and mediumship for a short while, but then one thing and another it stopped. I used to mostly do it as part of Ghost Hunting events. It's a tough life being a medium, but importantly it's also got to be something you want to do. I don't mind giving the readings, I just like to have something back in return for my efforts.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Master

Then consider what you might want in return. Both from the spirits, from the normal people and from other psychics. Is there anything you need help with? Want healed? Art, money, anything? A lot of us give without asking anything in return, but many of us don't get asked often to use our talents in the first place. I have noticed that real, good mediums are in rather higher demand.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:22 PM
yellowlawn

I have asked on numerous occasions but it falls on deaf ears. Strangely enough too I never sense any spirit around me that are my guides, gurdians etc. And family who have passed over have disappeared off into the astral plane. When I call them forward they are always reluctant to come.

Aside from one or two other events when I actually went out to do my first private reading it all fell apart and has never returned since to the same capacity.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Master

What is strange? Sounds to me like your "Service Closed" sign is already up which makes all spirits who are familiar to you, stay out of your way.

Who have you asked for what? Personally, if I was a medium of any use, I would use the traffic of visiting spirits to ask them questions of my own in exchange for taking their messages. Like what really happened there and then, things about my past lives, what life is like - I admit I am full of curiosity.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
yellowlawn

I say strange because most mediums I know sense there own spirit/s around them, but I don't. If the sign is up I haven't knowingly put it there, I have actually tried tuning in since I had my Chakra's re-balanced yesterday. As I don't know my guardians/guides at all, I just ask any spirit of love and light who call themselves my guardians/guides to come forward.

Asking stuff for yourself is much harder than you think as all your own preconceived ideas come into play and pollute your message.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Master

I can try to help you connect with your guides in chat if you like. For some reason I've been able to help half a dozen people find their guides by now. Makes no sense to me how that can be, but it works.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlawn
Many people talk about there work for spirit and what it involves etc. But has anyone considered calling time on there ability? I don't mean as a temporary measure, whilst going through a stressful period in life. I mean taking it up and using your gift but then deciding "you know what it's not for me". Am going to do something else with my life.

in my opinion.. whatever you are called to do you will..its not upto you..lol. sometimes we go through a process of preparation and in traioning we will stop and say oh this what im to do but, that maynot be the full picture..

All The Glory belongs To God Forever!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Experiencer
I find it interesting when people say they are overwhelmed by their ability to communicate with spirits and are contacted by spirits all the time. I have never experienced this. When I was first learning to communicate with my guides I only wanted to talk to them and that never changed very much - so they make sure no spirits I don't know ever contact me. Very occasionally they introduce someone to me who has come to help me with something, or ask me if I would like to speak with my spirit friend or family member so-and-so, because so-and-so is asking after me, and I am free to say yes or no or indeed to initiate contact with them myself. But I have never been spoken to by a spirit I didn't know. My guides run a very tight ship and everything goes through them. I would not have it any other way - I wouldn't want random spirits talking to me any more than I would want random physical people coming up and talking to me. I suppose I must have one of those "service closed" signs WhiteWarrior is talking about - or else one saying "Attention non-physical people: I am NOT a medium or messenger service, I just have some non-corporeal friends".

I suppose if you feel called to mediumship (that is, conveying messages between spirit and physical) you need to open up to this communication and figure out how that should be managed. But being able to communicate with spirits does NOT mean you need to be available to any spirit who fancies a chat all the time, any more than being able to talk to physical people means you have to leave your front door open for anyone to walk in and take advantage of your hospitality! I would say that anyone experiencing this does not have the right protection/techniques in place yet and needs to ask spirit for some help in setting up those boundaries ASAP. Connection with spirit should help you and bring you love and reassurance, not stress.