Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
if you have converted to judaism they don't consider you as white anymore ~ they consider you to be a member of the synagog of satan who want to destroy white people and crucify jesus
there are many denominations

' If you have converted to judaism they don't consider you as white anymore ~ they consider you to be a member of the synagog of satan who want to destroy white people and crucify jesus '

I don't personally waste my energy reading this type of nonsense. Over and out....
Old 24-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn

Christianity to me is about love. To me, that is the core teaching of Jesus. Love and selflessness.

The core teaching is your apostles creed and it says nothing of love.

You are correct in that being the way most religions begin.

That is not what Christianity and Islam have become, --- with their misogyny and homophobia causing a lot of hate by the religious.

Regards
DL
Old 24-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Yeah, let's talk a bit on that Creed.

The Nicene Creed or Apostles' Creed is the definition of a Christian.
325ad - as we know there was much division...lots of problems in the streets with diff ideas of what a 'Christian' was.
You had to believe in all of the definition or you simply were not a Christian.

There has been no other definition to replace it...except in people's minds...
they make up all sorts of things.

It could not possibly say everything about Jesus' teachings, lessons, guidance, advice, or even the 2 commandments he gave when asked;
nor love in all it's many forms - kindnesses, taking care of the poor and widows or focusing above and not on the earth, never worrying,
are understood by the words
''I believe in God....and in Jesus Christ...''

Notice also, it says nothing of ,"and I believe in the Bible" or all scripture being the infallible word of God.
So, I guess in Christianity - that's not needed ...just what's in the Creed or what defines what a Christian is.

Note: If a person thinks of Christianity as love or hope or charity or loving God or trusting God for everything,
giving Him their burdens, whatever ---that's answering the ques of the op:
What does it MEAN to you? His caps.

You can be a thief and be a Christian...if you believe in all of that Creed.

My take anyway.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

The Nicene Creed or Apostles' Creed is the definition of a Christian.
325ad - as we know there was much division...lots of problems in the streets with diff ideas of what a 'Christian' was.
You had to believe in all of the definition or you simply were not a Christian.

It could not possibly say everything about Jesus' teachings, lessons, guidance, advice, or even the 2 commandments he gave when asked;
nor love in all it's many forms - kindnesses, taking care of the poor and widows or focusing above and not on the earth, never worrying,
are understood by the words
''I believe in God....and in Jesus Christ...''

Notice also, it says nothing of ,"and I believe in the Bible" or all scripture being the infallible word of God.
So, I guess in Christianity - that's not needed ...just what's in the Creed or what defines what a Christian is.

Note: If a person thinks of Christianity as love or hope or charity or loving God or trusting God for everything,
giving Him their burdens, whatever ---that's answering the ques of the op:
What does it MEAN to you? His caps.

You can be a thief and be a Christian...if you believe in all of that Creed.

My take anyway.

Jesus prophesized that wolves dressed in sheep clothing would enter the congregations and that his teachings would not be 'listened to' but he also taught that people would later be able to discern the false teachings from his teachings.

An examination of The Apostle's Creed shows that it has changed over the years. For example, slowly, but slowly, HELL has been disappearing from the Creed which in of itself is very important. HELL was introduced into the Bible by the avenue of poor translations. Greeks believed in HELL but Jesus did not teach of such a belief.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:

You are correct in that being the way most religions begin.

That is not what Christianity and Islam have become, --- with their misogyny and homophobia causing a lot of hate by the religious.

Regards
DL

The Apostle Creed is not considered a core teaching of Christianity by some Christians.

Some Christians do recognize, as what Phaelyn has observed, what Jesus taught as a core teaching was love.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-11-2020, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
An examination of The Apostle's Creed shows that it has changed over the years. For example, slowly, but slowly,
HELL has been disappearing from the Creed which in of itself is very important. HELL was introduced into
the Bible by the avenue of poor translations. Greeks believed in HELL but Jesus did not teach of such a belief.
Thank you. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Indeed.

Accepting the creed was and is equivalent to selling ones soul to Satan.

It means accepting that the supernatural is real, and that means casting our intellect into hell.

The supernatural is for those who do not want to think in a decent moral way.

Regards
DL
Old 24-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
The Apostle Creed is not considered a core teaching of Christianity by some Christians.

Some Christians do recognize, as what Phaelyn has observed, what Jesus taught as a core teaching was love.

The statements of the Creed come straight from the Gospels. While people may dislike Christianity, they can't really argue against what makes Christianity Christianity. If the teachings and events in the Gospels are put into doubt than Christianity itself crumbles.
Old 24-11-2020, 03:43 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:

Sure, but his religion and followers did more hating than loving, once they had power.

That vile religion is what is embraced today, and that is why it is shrinking.

Thank god for that.

Regards
DL
Old 24-11-2020, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Indeed.
Accepting the creed was and is equivalent to selling ones soul to Satan.
It means accepting that the supernatural is real, and that means casting our intellect into hell.
The supernatural is for those who do not want to think in a decent moral way.

Hey, I am no lover of organized religions..but what you said above is
astonishingly insulting.
I wish I could delete it due to it's presumption and rudeness to
good loving people --let alone it's untruth.