Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-02-2013, 11:03 PM
papakhan

Question Is this enlightenment? What does this experience mean?

I'm only 21 years old, but I've been practicing hypnosis, tai chi, and a bunch of other relaxation techniques since I was a child, but I have a question about a recent experience. A little over seven days ago, I began meditating on my chakras. I didn't know what chakras were up until these past two weeks. After I learned about what they offered, I meditated that night determined to open my root chakra on my first try. For fifteen minutes, I focused all my efforts to open my first chakra, but after a while I had to lie down since I felt drained. When I was lying on the bed, I felt something creeping up my back and a tingling in my lower limbs. The most notable sensation was a significant decrease in the temperature of my arms. I felt great in the morning, so I did the same thing with each chakra leading up to the crown chakra where I had an experience. My progress towards the crown chakra had made me more socially acceptable, confident, focused, and funny, but I saw something when I was meditating on the crown chakra and I want to know what some of the people here think about it.

MY EXPERIENCE:
As I was focusing on a mental image of the 1000 petaled lotus, the image was removed from my mind and replaced with the symbols of every religion that I know (eg Christianity - crucifix, Buddhism - dharma wheel). I watched a red line connect all of them to form a universal whole. Then, I was approached by Vishnu who became impatient with me when the word doubt even crossed my mind. He came back after I had gotten rid of all doubt, but was reluctant to be dealing with me after seeing me experience doubt the first time. I couldn't talk, at least not with words, there was more of a mutual understanding between us. I asked him if I could speak with Jehovah, the Christian God, and I was directed towards another bright white light. I wanted to ask a bunch of questions, but I remembered the story of the Tree of Knowledge, so I didn't ask anything. God just nodded in approval. I walked with him up some white stairs and stopped in front of two large metal doors. I couldn't go inside and it was nearing time for me to leave according to out mutual understand, but I asked him if there was something he could give me to show I was standing where I was. He didn't give me anything physical, but he did place his hand on my heart, then my vision ended.

I have my own personal interpretation of this, but could anyone else give me their insight as to what this could mean? Have I reached enlightenment or something else for that matter?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by papakhan
Have I reached enlightenment or something else for that matter?

It's a profound spiritual experience that I would interpret as opening one up to a lot of cosmic love and understanding.

However I wouldn't classify that as enlightenment. At least, not enlightenment as popularly understood. The separation you feel between yourself and God, or even between Shiva and God, would be an illusion you have not yet transcended. Cravings and ambition is attachment. That's another thing that wouldn't be there, strongly identified, were there enlightenment. Aversions, pretense, the unstable second-thinking is yet another attachment.

Note that I've felt the tingling and thousand petals in my crown chakra, too, and yet I still retain all of those ideas of separation, attachments, and avoidance... and I like it that way. Enlightenment is not a push-button thing

Still, congratulations on the profound spiritual experience that you did have.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Master
If you have truly experienced Enlightenment, believe me you will know, you will not want to ask the question, am I Enlightened.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by papakhan
I'm only 21 years old, but I've been practicing hypnosis, tai chi, and a bunch of other relaxation techniques since I was a child, but I have a question about a recent experience. A little over seven days ago, I began meditating on my chakras. I didn't know what chakras were up until these past two weeks. After I learned about what they offered, I meditated that night determined to open my root chakra on my first try. For fifteen minutes, I focused all my efforts to open my first chakra, but after a while I had to lie down since I felt drained. When I was lying on the bed, I felt something creeping up my back and a tingling in my lower limbs. The most notable sensation was a significant decrease in the temperature of my arms. I felt great in the morning, so I did the same thing with each chakra leading up to the crown chakra where I had an experience. My progress towards the crown chakra had made me more socially acceptable, confident, focused, and funny, but I saw something when I was meditating on the crown chakra and I want to know what some of the people here think about it.

MY EXPERIENCE:
As I was focusing on a mental image of the 1000 petaled lotus, the image was removed from my mind and replaced with the symbols of every religion that I know (eg Christianity - crucifix, Buddhism - dharma wheel). I watched a red line connect all of them to form a universal whole. Then, I was approached by Vishnu who became impatient with me when the word doubt even crossed my mind. He came back after I had gotten rid of all doubt, but was reluctant to be dealing with me after seeing me experience doubt the first time. I couldn't talk, at least not with words, there was more of a mutual understanding between us. I asked him if I could speak with Jehovah, the Christian God, and I was directed towards another bright white light. I wanted to ask a bunch of questions, but I remembered the story of the Tree of Knowledge, so I didn't ask anything. God just nodded in approval. I walked with him up some white stairs and stopped in front of two large metal doors. I couldn't go inside and it was nearing time for me to leave according to out mutual understand, but I asked him if there was something he could give me to show I was standing where I was. He didn't give me anything physical, but he did place his hand on my heart, then my vision ended.

I have my own personal interpretation of this, but could anyone else give me their insight as to what this could mean? Have I reached enlightenment or something else for that matter?

Hi :)

I'd say this is step 2 of enlightenment. Step 1 is realizing you want to work on the spiritual aspect of you. Step 2 is this teaching. Step 3 is realizing you NEED no teaching!

There'll probably be a LOT of teaching before you reach step 3.

The meaning is going to be highly individual, based on your beliefs, thoughts and feelings at the time. For example, God placing his hand on MY heart would mean 'all answers are within you' whereas to another person it might mean 'don't ask questions just trust' so it depends what you think God might tell you :)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Quagmire

In my perception there is no such thing as Enlightment. Some might even call enlightment a shadow of the ego, but neither do I believe in the ego. I know they exist as concepts (road maps) on some peoples jouney but beyond that I do not believe in their existence. Everything is one, there is no separation between things. Here is my interpretation: It sounds like the opening up of your chakras connecting them with each other and you being shown that your divine spark lies within your heart and the way to rekindle it is to believe in yourself instead of doubting yourself.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Master
One visit to higher realms is insufficient to qualify for enlightenment. It is a good start though.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Master
True so called Enlightenment is nothing to do with higher realms, its simply Realizing your true Nature, once this is truly Realized, there is nothing else to do, the jig is up lol.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM
chi

I agree with psychoslice,if you reach the state of enlightenment everything will be made clear to you.you will know.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Kaceykat

What an awesome experience you have been blessed with.

Perhaps there's another question here also to be asked: will this experience make you behave differently towards others in the future? It almost seemed to me like you were describing reiki, when God put his hand on yr heart: did you perhaps receive a surge of love that will carry forward, that you might want to extend to others, through compassion or patience or service?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 PM
papakhan

What an awesome experience you have been blessed with.

Perhaps there's another question here also to be asked: will this experience make you behave differently towards others in the future? It almost seemed to me like you were describing reiki, when God put his hand on yr heart: did you perhaps receive a surge of love that will carry forward, that you might want to extend to others, through compassion or patience or service?

After God put his hand on my heart I felt warm on my chest, but only very briefly. I have been compelled to tell others about what I saw and what I felt the meaning of it was. However, nobody believes me, except the people on this forum and two of my friends. But I just tell them I know what I saw