Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 21-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Neville

Our Brains are transmitters and recievers, I see no reason why any one would not be able to tune in to a different frequency/channel.
Old 22-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Experiencer
Of course we are all capable of developing that ability, just as we are all capable of developing the ability to play a musical instrument... but we are not mediums nor musicians until we have done so.

Some people have more of a natural psychic awareness from childhood, but many very talented mediums did not experience their spiritual awakening until adulthood. I do think psychic ability is extremely natural, and it is a pity that it is so discouraged as we grow up and become so consumed by the physical world that we lose our ability to perceive those things outside of it.
Old 22-01-2011, 01:25 AM
mac

"...........just as we are all capable of developing the ability to play a musical instrument... but we are not mediums nor musicians until we have done so."

I think that's a fair statement. It's in the performance that the musician is distinguished from just someone who just plays a musical instrument. Yet the attribute of psychic awareness is somewhat different from that of (evidential) mediumship.

There is no obvious reason why some mediums show their gift from a comparatively young age yet others show it much later in life. And no certainty that having psychic sensitivity will lead on mediumship anyway.... So no matter how much we may speculate on the mechanisms of either attribute, we really know very little and as far as I'm aware, guides and teachers have given little guidance about these issues - I know you'll be happy to correct my ignorance if you have such clear guidance yourself!
Old 22-01-2011, 01:40 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiecat
I kind of wonder if we we all have the ability to develope this gift....but only some are instant and natural mediums.

The reason that I am assuming this is because I have delivered messages once or twice...but I do not, in any way consider myself a medium.....but I do think I could maybe become one, if I diligently kept practicing. ???

The more you "practise" and the more you find you can successfully act as a go-between, (I presume you mean evidential mediumship?) the clearer the indication of your developing mediumship.

Only by 'doing it' will you find out for sure....
Old 22-01-2011, 01:53 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Yes, were all capable of the same things.. in all ways!

But that doesn't mean I want to.. I have my interests and preferences as I'm sure you do and remember the veils between here and non-physical are many layers thick.. so getting through can be tough!

"Yes, were all capable of the same things.. in all ways!" But not necessarily to the same level of achievement ....

"But that doesn't mean I want to.." Doesn't mean you don't either.

Let me ask you something if I may. If you felt you could be a medium (whatever that means for you) but that it would be difficult for you, would you refuse to help?
Old 22-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Administrator
Hello

YES having been a part of development workshops and one that has lead some we are all equals but like all things some of us just open more to using it .

We all have it in is the ablilities to connect to and receive messages from Spirits and other Light Beings. Too its important to remember that its not something everyone would be comfortable with. We are given what we can deal with and nothing more.

It be easy to say OMG it must be nice to walk the path of a Medium but it like all things comes with its good and not so good sides.

I so feel I never asked to be me, in remembering coming into this LIFE I as most upset I was female and that I knew somehow that meant being Mom. ( not that I regret that path being given to me now ).

I so tought for so many year's I got into the wrong family and that I suffered too much as a child and teen....to now embrace that path had to be for me to become whom I am now. I am a Medium and I am one that uses it on a daily basis. There are times when I so would like NOT to be in that place in time, but then we all have our off days.

Does one at times refuse to help I would honestly have to say YES but maybe not on the consciousness level of flat out NO but out of self preservations and protetions.

I always say to students wanting the path be careful on what one wishes to open the door to as once opened its not the easiest thing to close.

Me mate is learnig in that lesson right now. Starting to "admit " to seeing and hearing things and now says its happening more and more. Make it STOP. Hmmm he opened that door.

Lynn
Old 22-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Katiecat

I have a desire to develop mediumship abilities for a few reasons...I'm not sure this is the proper thread for me to list them....

I also am very hesitant in doing so, for the exact reasons that Lynn mentions.
In
I've been taking my time with this decision because I don't believe it to be something to be impulsive about.

So what I have been doing, what I am comfortable with at this current time, is expressing spiritual connections that I'm having in my artwork.
Old 22-01-2011, 06:15 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
But not necessarily to the same level of achievement ....
I'm going to go disagree.. I think we could reach the same "level of achievement" if you’re talking about spiritual abilities.. all one really needs is time and practice to open the channels..

All of us already channel.. we just don't know we do it.. or label it that way..

Because of the shift it's becoming easier and easier right now to get access.. it's also becoming easier to "attract" things..

(I have no idea what hint the wink is supposed to be )
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Let me ask you something if I may. If you felt you could be a medium (whatever that means for you) but that it would be difficult for you, would you refuse to help?
I guess.. I don't understand the question..

Or are you saying that if you become a "medium" you automatically/automagically have to help people?

Mediums don't help people.. they do.. but it's because people seek them out as that "permission slip" to let go of the problem they have.. they could have easily just seen the doctor.. they could have easily stopped "whining" about the person they want back in there life..

There are a 100 ways to fix a problem.. but sometimes specific methods and "permission slips" are chosen..

I really have no problem with being a "medium" but would I spend time helping people who required my specific "permission slip" to feel better about themselves..?? I don't think so.. I prefer to do other things..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
[ILet me ask you something if I may. If you felt you could be a medium (whatever that means for you) but that it would be difficult for you, would you refuse to help?
See when I read your question this way..

Would you sacrifice your "life" for the greater good?

The answer is no

If one doesn't give to themselves.. they'll have no chance in hell of enhancing the whole anyway.. every medium should be taking time for them in all ways..

My teachers offer this idea.. if you want to change the planet.. if you want to make a difference.. "healer, heal thyself"

And that is really the case.. it's not fixing other people that will change the earth.. it's fixing ourselves..
Old 22-01-2011, 04:01 PM
mac

I hope you won't mind my responses in blue text?

I'm going to go disagree.. I think we could reach the same "level of achievement" if you’re talking about spiritual abilities.. all one really needs is time and practice to open the channels..OK - that's a catchall response - if we don't get to that same level of achievement it's because we didn't put in enough effort/practice. Not because some have innate 'ability' and others don't?

All of us already channel.. we just don't know we do it.. or label it that way..a claim without evidence to back it.

Because of the shift it's becoming easier and easier right now to get access.. it's also becoming easier to "attract" things.. You'd need to explain that better for me...not disagreeing but I would welcome a wider explanation.

(I have no idea what hint the wink is supposed to be ) I guess.. I don't understand the question..I don't know which wink you meant but I often use a 'wink' icon to suggest that although I may be agreeing in part, there are other issues to consider.

Or are you saying that if you become a "medium" you automatically/automagically have to help people? No I'm not saying that at all but is there a reason why you wouldn't help someone you could? (but see definition paragraph lower down)

Mediums don't help people.. they do.. but it's because people seek them out as that "permission slip" to let go of the problem they have.. they could have easily just seen the doctor.. they could have easily stopped "whining" about the person they want back in there life.. Now I reckon you might be speaking about mediumship in a way that I don't (hence my earlier comment about however you see mediumship) Mediumship to this simple soul is evidential mediumship but I'm happy to acknowledge that others use that single word to mean different things - that's an issue which is a constant stumbling block in discussion. Hence my long-running 'campaign' to get clear definitions of mediumship vs psychic counselling et al.

There are a 100 ways to fix a problem.. but sometimes specific methods and "permission slips" are chosen..

I really have no problem with being a "medium" but would I spend time helping people who required my specific "permission slip" to feel better about themselves..?? I don't think so.. I
prefer to do other things.. See when I read your question this way..same as above...

Would you sacrifice your "life" for the greater good?

The answer is
no

If one doesn't
give to themselves.. they'll have no chance in hell of enhancing the whole anyway.. every medium should be taking time for them in all ways..same again as above

My teachers offer this idea.. if you want to change the planet.. if you want to make a difference.. "healer, heal thyself"...same again as above

And that is really the case.. it's not fixing other people that will change the earth.. it's fixing ourselves.....same again as above

For this simple-minded soul, mediumship is WAY simpler than any of the stuff you've mentioned in your last few paragraphs. For me it's bringing reassurance that death is not the end of us, that we can meet again those we loved who have passed over, that one life is not the end of things, that we live on.... That's the basis of evidential mediumship, the particular form of mediumship I know and can speak about. Everything
else (for me) means something different and until everyone sorts out and agrees what each word or term means, there will continue to be this failure to follow what's being said by any particular contribution to a discussion.

The way that you (and often others) talk about mediumship would lead me to think it's counselling or psychic counselling.
Old 22-01-2011, 04:07 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiecat
I have a desire to develop mediumship abilities for a few reasons...I'm not sure this is the proper thread for me to list them....

I also am very hesitant in doing so, for the exact reasons that Lynn mentions.
In
I've been taking my time with this decision because I don't believe it to be something to be impulsive about.

So what I have been doing, what I am comfortable with at this current time, is expressing spiritual connections that I'm having in my artwork.

As you've described your own situation Katiecat, that you're considering how your personal development might go, may I ask you to explain what mediumship is, or would be, for you personally?