Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-07-2012, 07:06 AM
mac

The 'end of time' / Doomsday scenarios seem to be attractive to some folk. Maybe they're desperate to see 'the hand of God' at work?

When BP's rig was spewing oil the doom-mongers were predicting all manner of cataclysmic happenings. How many of them came about? I could go on but I hope I've made my point.

I was asked if I had a specific question but of whom would I be asking any specific question? Of 'spirit'? Of course not! Whatever communicator any particular individual may be in contact with, that entity will have understanding only as an individual not as some kind of megabrain called 'spirit' which knows everything that can be known.

The so-called spirit that folk say they speak to is not a homogeneous entity, not one pure all-knowing thing. Most of the folk fortunate enough to be able to discern spirit entities - discarnates - at best may find themselves communicating with a few individuals and at worst just a single one with no guarantee about their knowledge and understanding.

If I were to ask a question of anyone, be that here or 'over-there', I'd first want to know what they know! Would there be any point in asking a primary (elementary) school-child about advanced thermo-dynamics or differential calculus? Of course not but a discarnate communicator may be at an equivalent state of her/his education. (these are simply individuals and with gender don't forget )

Why, then, would I want to ask a question of an unseen entity who likely will have no depth of understanding of a particular subject?

It's a common misconception that when 'speaking to spirit' one is automatically speaking to something/someone that automatically knows far more than humankind just because he/she/it is of the spirit.

The actuality is that an entity will naturally know more about life in the etheric but not necessarily much more about the world than they knew when incarnate.

Or about a world they never lived in.....
Old 29-07-2012, 08:08 AM
glenos

Cheers mac!

G
Old 30-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Master

Hi mac, just reading through the thread and was drawn to your suggestion;
“The actuality is that an entity will naturally know more about life in the etheric but not necessarily much more about the world than they knew when incarnate.”
And it made me consider the question, would we be any wiser if we learned more about the `ethereal` and its direct influences on human life`s experiences, especially mediumship. Considering we may be aided by one who `flows in its currents. What do you think?
Old 30-07-2012, 05:17 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Hi mac, just reading through the thread and was drawn to your suggestion;
“The actuality is that an entity will naturally know more about life in the etheric but not necessarily much more about the world than they knew when incarnate.”
And it made me consider the question, would we be any wiser if we learned more about the `ethereal` and its direct influences on human life`s experiences, especially mediumship. Considering we may be aided by one who `flows in its currents. What do you think?

Would you please explain a little more? I'm not following your line of thought.....
Old 30-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Would you please explain a little more? I'm not following your line of thought.....

Sorry mac, its just a reactionary thought. My thought was a consideration that, as the etheric conditions are the nature in which those who have passed over exist, and may also be the `elements` which allow Spiritual mediumship to exist as a human connection to such conditions.

And that they may also be the means, by which Spirit guides directly influence the development of mediumship, could mediums become wiser if they were open to Spiritual guidance regarding the nature of the etheric, as compared to the conventional material memories which dominate evidential mediumship.

So I was enquiring if you thought we could learn as much from those, who naturally exist in the varying resonances of the ethereal conditions, regarding those etheric influences themselves, as compared to the material memories which are more common reflections from them.
Old 30-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I was asked if I had a specific question but of whom would I be asking any specific question? Of 'spirit'? Of course not! Whatever communicator any particular individual may be in contact with, that entity will have understanding only as an individual not as some kind of megabrain called 'spirit' which knows everything that can be known.

The so-called spirit that folk say they speak to is not a homogeneous entity, not one pure all-knowing thing. Most of the folk fortunate enough to be able to discern spirit entities - discarnates - at best may find themselves communicating with a few individuals and at worst just a single one with no guarantee about their knowledge and understanding.

If I were to ask a question of anyone, be that here or 'over-there', I'd first want to know what they know! Would there be any point in asking a primary (elementary) school-child about advanced thermo-dynamics or differential calculus? Of course not but a discarnate communicator may be at an equivalent state of her/his education. (these are simply individuals and with gender don't forget )

Why, then, would I want to ask a question of an unseen entity who likely will have no depth of understanding of a particular subject?

It's a common misconception that when 'speaking to spirit' one is automatically speaking to something/someone that automatically knows far more than humankind just because he/she/it is of the spirit.

The actuality is that an entity will naturally know more about life in the etheric but not necessarily much more about the world than they knew when incarnate.

Or about a world they never lived in.....

What foundation/facts/experiences can make you say that individuals that have never lived on earth can not be knowledgable or all knowing? Are you just utilizing one group or are their many groups/levels?

If you believe that there is no spirit that is all knowing of everything havent just eliminated God?

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 30-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
Those things you saw can also reppresent the great awakening we are having, the flooding of new and the sudden dissapearance of the older info and thought process, tornadoes stirring up the energy and the mind, we see this sort of thing everywhere, things being tossed around, and new thoughts truly hammering their way in. This could also represent turmoil and renewal, the rebirth of the old into the new, or the mark of a new opportunity. There are many ways to interpret these things, the details prove that they are big, enormous with huge effects, but you'll need your gut as to what the true intentions behind this was.

Thank you for your feedback.. Im confident in the interpretation but, again thank you for your thoughts

Old 30-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGAPNewbie
I've heard (from people expecting big changes in 2012) the great lakes are supposed to drain into the gulf of mexico flooding everything within a 50 miles of the mississippi river. For those who understand climate change and global warming are expecting more erratic and extreme weather behavior.

Thank you for sharing

Old 30-07-2012, 03:56 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Sorry mac, its just a reactionary thought. My thought was a consideration that, as the etheric conditions are the nature in which those who have passed over exist, and may also be the `elements` which allow Spiritual mediumship to exist as a human connection to such conditions.

And that they may also be the means, by which Spirit guides directly influence the development of mediumship, could mediums become wiser if they were open to Spiritual guidance regarding the nature of the etheric, as compared to the conventional material memories which dominate evidential mediumship.

So I was enquiring if you thought we could learn as much from those, who naturally exist in the varying resonances of the ethereal conditions, regarding those etheric influences themselves, as compared to the material memories which are more common reflections from them.

thank you Now I follow what you were thinking.

In response one might ask just what is the role of a medium anyway? Providing evidential mediumship to help the bereaved is, or has been, one important one. Some would argue that it is the most important. I have reservations that the bereaved would find any greater benefit knowing about the nature of the etheric dimensions than knowing that their loved one live on. You might have expect that this Modern Spiritualist would say exactly that!

But you asked if "....we could learn as much from those, who naturally exist in the varying resonances of the ethereal conditions, regarding those etheric influences themselves......" In our own case, we - yourself, me, anyone who already understands survival - might well benefit from a deeper, broader understanding of the etheric. I would certainly love to understand more and could readily ask probing questions which would begin that process..... But it's unlikley there would be a useful outcome if the discarnate responder did not already have the necessary understanding herself/himself. (relating now to the original topic)

In the past we know that spiritually-evolved discarnates have worked with and through their instruments - their mediums - to bring a measure of understanding of conditions in the etheric. Often that was to add to the basic message of survival. I'd guess that such accomplished pairings would always be the ones best suited to providing greater understanding of other aspects of the etheric.

Choose your own guides/medium combination but the pairing of Silver Birch with his medium Maurice Barbanell would be my benchmark for such an undertaking. But both those guys are long gone from our physical dimension with no obvious successors.
Old 30-07-2012, 04:09 PM
mac

mac said: "The actuality is that an entity will naturally know more about life in the etheric but not necessarily much more about the world than they knew when incarnate.

Or about a world they never lived in....."

The response was: "What foundation/facts/experiences can make you say that individuals that have never lived on earth can not be knowledgable or all knowing? Are you just utilizing one group or are their many groups/levels? "

"If you believe that there is no spirit that is all knowing of everything havent just eliminated God?"

In response to your first question, I didn't say that those who have not incarnated can not be knowledgeable. What I wrote was "...but not necessarily....."

Are you suggesting that all discarnates are knowledgeable and if so, why do you claim that? They may be knowledgeable (not omniscient) but not just because they're discarnate is the thrust of what I've been saying.

I can't understand your last sentence so I can't respond to it.....