Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Light Earth

Thanks John, that makes complete sense now.

I agree, you have to keep soldiering on and hopefully see the lesson for you in every choice and action. The doubt and fear is what makes us human, the emotion is what we are here to experience after all.

Thanks for sharing, I'll go back and have a look at earlier posts, as you suggest.

Best wishes

LE
Old 22-08-2011, 03:31 PM
deepsea

I am not a medium not by a long way but I do hear spirit now and again but have received what I will call advice for some folks.
Like a premonition.
Maybe I am talking about psychic here.

But my impressons of mediums,the ones I have seen in spiritualist churches are not too good.
That is recently I will add.
I feel that the calibre of present day mediums is not as good as it used to be.
There is of course,our dear medium here Medium Laura! Bless your little heart.
You give wonderful messages.

I attended my local spirit church a week ago and was astounded how each message given out resembled the one before one.

The general message that was given to most of the congregation was about Granny!
Now we know as we get older,hair turns grey or white etc.
There were so many Grannies given out that night I would not have been able to tell one from the others.

The messages were very similiar in that she baked apple pies!
No names were given,no definate evidential evidence.
I was sadly disappointed.
Deepsea
Old 22-08-2011, 03:41 PM
glenos

Nope, most certainly not as good as they used to be, which is a massive shame because some of them could knock ya socks off with the evidence provided. Manys the jaw drops that I have seen. And some of the physical mediums that were about.., sadly just a few now behind well closed doors.

G
Old 22-08-2011, 04:30 PM
deepsea

Why are so many of pm mediums behind closed doors?
Surely they have nothing to hide if they are genuine.

I think the calibre of mediums has sunk below the genuine level over the past (taking a guess here) five to ten years.
I am talking here only about spiritual churches.
I know many more good mediums on sites such as this one than in the churches.
Deepsea
Old 22-08-2011, 04:56 PM
glenos

A rare thing Physical mediums. Sorry I should have said ..those who are getting physical phenomena in home circles who are well closeted.
There a still a few mediums around who are doing platform work and are very good, though not many. I am pretty well versed in the evidence stakes so to speak but if and when I go to church I'm more interested in the address but only if it's 'controlled'. Jaw dropping evidential mediums with a good controlled address and a congregation who are up for singing and I'm loving it.

G
Old 22-08-2011, 05:38 PM
deepsea

When you talk about 'address' are you talking about spirit controlled?
Coming directly through the medium from spirit?

I remember many years ago when I used to attend spiritualist churches more regularly,seeing a trance medium who gave her opening talk with her chinese guide coming through.
Her features changed from her own to an Oriental cast.
The change was amazing.
Her voice too took on an accent.
That was the first time I had ever seen anything like that.
deepsea
Old 22-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Medium_Laura

Oh you are speaking of "Trance" channeling. There are different types of channeling. Trance, Mental and Physical. Most spiritualist churches use Mental mediums. We are simply the transcriber of thoughts that pop into our head. Trance, imo is for very advanced mediums, it is about giving control to a spirit over your body and mind. (too close to possession for me...)

Physical is the most rare and there are very few alive these days. Ectoplasm comes from their bodies and manifests spirits in a dimly lit room that everyone can see with their eyes. (among other things that happen).
Old 22-08-2011, 06:56 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Oh you are speaking of "Trance" channeling. There are different types of channeling. Trance, Mental and Physical. Most spiritualist churches use Mental mediums. We are simply the transcriber of thoughts that pop into our head. Trance, imo is for very advanced mediums, it is about giving control to a spirit over your body and mind. (too close to possession for me...)

Physical is the most rare and there are very few alive these days. Ectoplasm comes from their bodies and manifests spirits in a dimly lit room that everyone can see with their eyes. (among other things that happen).

PM is what I am mostly interested in, Medium-Laura.
I have never witnessed that before except for the medium I spoke about.
Fascinating.
Deepsea
Old 22-08-2011, 07:06 PM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
When you talk about 'address' are you talking about spirit controlled?
Coming directly through the medium from spirit?

I remember many years ago when I used to attend spiritualist churches more regularly,seeing a trance medium who gave her opening talk with her chinese guide coming through.
Her features changed from her own to an Oriental cast.
The change was amazing.
Her voice too took on an accent.
That was the first time I had ever seen anything like that.
deepsea

Yes, that's the stuff. My ol' mum used to be in 'deep control' until she reached her 80s when working (three times a week for nigh on 50yrs) and her face used to change and the congregation used to gasp more often than not. Quite an eye opener to those who were there. 'Her' voice ( a mans) used to boom across the room. Fair made the hairs on the back of ya neck stand up it did.
The evidential bit was of course fantastic for those she came to, but what was said in the address had everyone spell-bound. I have seen most of the top mediums working including being invited into Les flints circle once upon a time many years ago. Now that was beyond beyond amazing.

G
Old 22-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
PM is what I am mostly interested in, Medium-Laura.
I have never witnessed that before except for the medium I spoke about.
Fascinating.
Deepsea

You witnessed Physical mediumship? What you described is trance.