Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
To Starman - I ask you to reconsider your judgment that my 'revelations' (articulations) of what is in fact the truth about 'constrarian' speech and behavior constitute an 'attack'. 'Thorns' are prickly attempts to 'prune' them are legitimately loving of Life.

I did not mention your name in my post; you assumed I was talking about you, but Big John had no such assumption.
It was a general statement about civility in a thread which I started. It might have been wiser to first ask me if I was
referring to you, given it was a general statement, before accusing me of referring to you. Enough said about this on my part.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I did not mention your name in my post; you assumed I was talking about you, but Big John had no such assumption.
It was a general statement about civility in a thread which I started. It might have been wiser to first ask me if I was
referring to you, given it was a general statement, before accusing me of referring to you. Enough said about this on my part.
Yes, I assumed you were speaking to me (without saying so) because you did not specify otherwise. No, I was not 'accusatory', IMO I was merely rebut-ory IMO. BTW, in the spirit of what;s good for the goose is good for the gander, it sounds to me like you have implicitly 'accused' me of being 'unwise'.

That you contrast me (unfavorably, it sounds like to me) with BogJohn in this regard sounds (to me) like you are 'siding' with his positionality and attitudinality in this conversation - please clarify, spacificallay identify your personal positionality and attitudinality in any or all of the above regards if the case is otherwise.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I assumed you were speaking to me (without saying so) because you did not specify otherwise. No, I was not 'accusatory', at least that was not my focus/intention. IMO I was being rebut-ory.

BTW, in the spirit of what;s good for the goose is good for the gander, it sounds to me like you are implicitly 'accusing' me of being 'unwise'.

That you contrast me (unfavorably, it sounds like to me) with BigJohn in this regard sounds (to me) like you are 'siding' with his positionality and attitudinality in this conversation - please clarify, speciificaly identifying your personal positionality and attitudinality in relation to any or all aspects of my conversation such as it is with BigJohn if the case is otherwise.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Do you think babies are born into this world a blank slate or do we come here with a predisposition?
By predisposition I mean we already have a character, attitude, and way of doing things the day we are born.

It might be argued that we inherit traits from our parents in the womb, that as much as we do not
want to be like our parents we end up being like them, if not completely than partly, anyway.

Of course the other perspective is that we are born with a certain karma carried over into this life and
we are not a blank slate when we enter the womb. Although I think a lot of people treat babies as though
they are a blank slate.

I guess I am talking about programming, are we preprogrammed before we enter the womb, programmed
in the womb, or enter this world as a blank slate? There are possibly other scenarios as well.. Yes, I
understand that some of this is speculation and some of it may be based on science, DNA, etc.

What do you think?
John the Baptist was predestined, so was Cyrus the Great. But are the rest of us predestined?

Imagine 2 people playing Russian Roulette. One person will probably die. Is it predestined which one will die? But then if neither person played Russian Roulette: both get to live. In this case it looks like what choices we decide to make has a great bearing if those two people live or one probably ends up dead.

Then look at our DNA. Our DNA seems to predestine us if we might get this illness or that illness. In that case, we seem to hardwired (programmed) as to our future outcome.

Does karma play a role? If everybody decided not to eat or drink any more, we can assume in 10 days, give or take, we would all be dead. Can we say are deaths was a result of karma or was it we decided to do something stupid?

Even where we are born, the people we associate with, our belief systems probably all play another major role of making us who we are.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
There are other issues also.

For example in starving nations, some of them refuse to accept GMOs that would grow specific to their growing conditions good crops.

There is religious issues, ethic issues, etc. that stall progress.

This is a post that rubs me so the wrong way, that I don't even want to find my words to reply (although I tried that a couple of times).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:03 AM
Master

Quote:
John the Baptist was predestined, so was Cyrus the Great. But are the rest of us predestined?

Imagine 2 people playing Russian Roulette. One person will probably die. Is it predestined which one will die? But then if neither person played Russian Roulette: both get to live. In this case it looks like what choices we decide to make has a great bearing if those two people live or one probably ends up dead.

Then look at our DNA. Our DNA seems to predestine us if we might get this illness or that illness. In that case, we seem to hardwired (programmed) as to our future outcome.

Does karma play a role? If everybody decided not to eat or drink any more, we can assume in 10 days, give or take, we would all be dead. Can we say are deaths was a result of karma or was it we decided to do something stupid?

Even where we are born, the people we associate with, our belief systems probably all play another major role of making us who we are.

I look at each of those examples from a different point of view: that the thought is first, and it determines the reality that follows.

Thoughts create thought-forms that materialize in situations that some of us perceive or attribute to predestination, luck, DNA, karma, other people's or belief systems' influences.

Life on Earth isn't a central point in the wider reality. Our personalities here are, in the overwhelming number of cases, negligible for our multidimensional entities that incarnate here.

What transcends dimensions is: thought. (by the way: not lack-of-thought!)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
This is a post that rubs me so the wrong way, that I don't even want to find my words to reply (although I tried that a couple of times).
I am personally sorry you feel that way.

I assume my usage of the word GMO is what you reacted to.

But then..... look at people who have diabetes. Doctors have a tendency to recommend they use insulin for controlling their diabetes. But today, most of the insulin are GMOs.

Should we take away their insulin and other medicines that are GMOs.......

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-01-2020, 03:52 AM
Master

Quote:
I am personally sorry you feel that way.

But then..... look at people who have diabetes. Doctors have a tendency to recommend they use insulin for controlling their diabetes. But today, most of the insulin are GMOs.

I know ... I shouldn't get upset or angry not even a moment, just think in terms of reality change. I'm still practicing ...
Old 06-01-2020, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:

Here's my take on the issue of GMOs:

I think 'tinkering' with (physical) 'nature', whether mechanically (including genetically!), chemically or nuclearly is fraught with disastrous possibilities and will incur such outcomes if and as people/humanity/governments/philosophers/etc. don't foresee possible/likely eco-systems imbalance which can/may/often does result therefrom and appropriately limit such tinkering as most are presently not doing.

Forget 'simple' GMO 'tinkering' - imagine the nightmare that will ensure if and as the 'haves' the world (the 'have nots' won't have access to such 'power') get into designing/designer babies! YIKES!!!!

I am glad to see (via my facebook contacts) the Permaculture 'movement' gaining 'steam'. This sort of thing will be foundation of the coming 'Age' and the basis of the next 'civilization' on earth I think, that is, in the latter case, if there is one!

This is where Jesus's pronouncement: “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life*for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain*the*whole world, and lose his own soul?” (Matthew 16:25-26) will (IMO) come into full play, I think, as more fully explained in my treatise. People whose focus is on maximizing their and/or others' physical (bodily) lives and attendant 'pleasures' (such as lit looks to me like BigJohn's 'calculus' gives priority to) are in for a 'very rude' surprise.

P.S. Note: as also explained in my my treatise: "The pronouns I and me as used in Jesus’ statements actually reference The Entity (i.e., the entirety) of Life’s Flow – Why? Because, as elucidated in Chapter 1, he personally completely ‘i’dentified with It!"
Old 06-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Here's my take on the issue of GMOs:

I think 'tinkering' with (physical) 'nature', whether mechanically (including genetically!), chemically or nuclearly is fraught with disastrous possibilities and will incur such outcomes if and as people/humanity/governments/philosophers/etc. don't foresee possible/likely eco-systems imbalance which can/may/often does result therefrom and appropriately limit such tinkering as most are presently not doing.

Forget 'simple' GMO 'tinkering' - imagine the nightmare that will ensure if and as the 'haves' the world (the 'have nots' won't have access to such 'power') get into designing/designer babies! YIKES!!!!

I am glad to see (via my facebook contacts) the Permaculture 'movement' gaining 'steam'. This sort of thing will be foundation of the coming 'Age' and the basis of the next 'civilization' on earth I think, that is, in the latter case, if there is one!

This is where Jesus's pronouncement: “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life*for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain*the*whole world, and lose his own soul?” (Matthew 16:25-26) will (IMO) come into full play, I think, as more fully explained in my treatise. People whose focus is on maximizing their and/or others' physical (bodily) lives and attendant 'pleasures' (such as lit looks to me like BigJohn's 'calculus' gives priority to) are in for a 'very rude' surprise.

P.S. Note: as also explained in my my treatise: "The pronouns I and me as used in Jesus’ statements actually reference The Entity (i.e., the entirety) of Life’s Flow – Why? Because, as elucidated in Chapter 1, he personally completely ‘i’dentified with It!"
Permaculture concepts have been around for sometime. Your reference mentioned "Rubble trench foundations are popular" which in many cases will not meet building code but also restricts the height of the building. This would be a disaster for cities and for earthquake prone areas.

I did like the area that mentioned gray waters. What I have written numerous times is how water management is done in a RV (Recreational Vehicle). If those water managements were implemented into a home, business, we could save a lot on water usage.

Ram Earth is nice but they forgot to mention Trombe walls. They did mention straw bale walled built homes. When that idea became popular, all I could think about was the mouse and rat issue.