Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Pathfinder

What do you think a person's "life purpose" is?

Hi everyone. The way that I would define somebody's "life purpose" is like this: It's the thing you are most afraid of but know you must do.
It's that simple really. I think every person's "life purpose" is unique to them but the thing that remains the same is what I stated above. It may not be the easy path but you know you have to. I think that's what it boils down to really.
So do you agree or disagree with what I said?
Old 07-03-2023, 11:58 PM
Well, this is my take:

I don't want to disagree or agree.
I would just want to answer the orig question.
I would say there is one purpose - but there are the obstacles to overcome to get to the one purpose and
it could and usually does take many lifetimes to overcome these obstacles.
(Many.)

Fear? That's just one of many, many obstacles...once you overcome fear - then like a Carnival Shooting Gallery ---another vice pops up...
harder than fear for some is greed, then comes jealousy, then anger, then pride, then maybe a life of low self-esteem, shame, prejudices...
An entire lifetime could be about lessons in just humility.

But yes, put all those in a soup and you come up with a pot that is nothing but 'fear'. Correct.

What a ride each lifetime is!

I, myself, know of 3 lifetimes just to get over ONE darn thing - I would call a 'character flaw'.
Minor in the scheme of things ...I've conquered pillaging and murdering.

The one purpose could be said in many ways - I couldn't type them all -
Basically to know God or to know Self or to awaken to Self realization ...see,
there are many ways to put it.
Some could say to know Truth or to open and realize Reality, Satchitanand, (Truth that is the Consciousness of Bliss).

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-03-2023, 12:12 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
I think every person's "life purpose" is unique to them but the thing that
remains the same is what I stated above. It may not be the easy path but you know you have to.
This is a compelling idea. I have not thought about it in those terms. Do you mind elaborating?
Old 08-03-2023, 03:41 AM
Knower

I'm not sure one's life purpose is always based upon fear, but I do think overcoming fear is a central feature to many human incarnations. Fear is certainly a very prominent phenomenon within the human condition. That's understandable, as the biological body is vulnerable to death, and is not eternal, and a great number believe death of body is death of consciousness.

My belief is that we reincarnate a number of times, and that each time our purpose is for our soul to work on a small number of virtues. Such as bravery, empathy, independence, love, and so on. I think that's why there are so many divergent personalities (from Shamans to politicians, from healers to warmongers), and why there is so much friction in the world.
Old 08-03-2023, 04:56 AM
Master

Life purpose ? Be a participant in love……
Old 08-03-2023, 06:34 AM
Master

Ah yes Miss H fear is endemic in our society isn’t it and I’ve seen it cripple many people.

“Feel the fear and do it anyway”.

This quote has always worked well for me. Once you’ve gone and done something that you initially feared you realise that there was nothing to fear but fear itself.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:38 AM
Master

Life purpose. Does there really have to be a grand life purpose for all of us. Some maybe yes but I reckon that most of us are here to just “learn and grow”and of course “be happy” and that’s it. Can’t see anything wrong with that.

Just my take on it of course.
Old 17-04-2023, 01:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
I think every person's "life purpose" is unique to them...
But are there two perspectives not one perspective. Is Spirits perspective, ie God(s) unique to Spirit. We are spiritual beings. Does spirit say or know? We think in terms of human life purpose of 70-100 years but purpose would extend far beyond that. Would this go hand in hand with learning? Do spirits know purpose as we are spirits. Reincarnation is part of purpose finding. I've found I've rejected the spiritual perspective which we are free to do.
Old 17-04-2023, 02:15 PM
Master

My local monk said:

We are here to be happy. As long as we don’t harm ourselves or others.

I feel a lot of people are obsessed with wanting a purpose. Why does there have to be a purpose?

Maybe just living a decent, kind and loving kind of life is purpose enough and of course doing what makes you happy.

Can’t see anything wrong with that myself.
Old 17-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Guide

What do you think a person's "life purpose" is?

There are many reasons we chose to incarnate...........

Some come with a purpose,
Some to work off Karma,
Some just to look around,
Some to have the experience of a Physical body,

The list goes on.

PS.I just popped in to give my opinion.............I'll go back into retirement.