Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-02-2023, 03:02 AM
Master
Dropping identity

All is one ~ there is only one singular God consciousness, appearing as the many, in a reflected reality, a lucid dream, where the created, individuated aspects of God consciousness, are as He in potential, albeit for the moment shrouded in limitation arising from a sense of deluded separation from source. As such, the journey without movement is the dropping away of illusionary identity, whereupon the fullness of God’s luminescence shines forth in a becoming or rather a restoration of what always was. Perhaps the purpose is to descend to ascend, as a game, to see how we find our way back to source.

Within each vibration or realm, God alone is and in this definitive knowing lies the ‘solution’ for the soul who is seemingly surrounded by limitations. In other words, once ignorance is removed, the self-existent truth becomes clear.

Awareness holds the key to recognition. Awareness is in focus when presence takes a step back and discerns the difference between impulses at play evoking a reaction related to mind-body vs simply embracing and releasing what is offered without clinging to the experience, thus remaining unfettered in the now continuum. Thus detachment or cessation of fear and desire is the orientation which if renewed, moment to moment, all moments entwined, that there is freedom within duality.

The Gunas* (* Satva ~ purity, Rajas ~ action and Tamas ~ inertia) however play spoilsport, since within decaying organic form, these three modes of being are imposed on us, from the grossest to subtlest levels of understanding and experience, which makes attention oscillate. Hence waking, dreaming, deep sleep or shift between polarities we engage in, say lust vs love, rage vs equanimity, aversion vs acceptance and so on.

Space and linear time being the screen upon which the manifested objects are positioned, it seems a hopeless task to penetrate the veil, so to speak, when we are in it and furthermore containerised in form, which oscillates in accordance to the Gunas. Adding to our woes is the mistaken belief that the mind-body is all there is to us and that each entity is a separate being and so we must strive and struggle to be get closer to the apex of the pyramid, so to speak.

The objective of all spiritual paths and religious doctrines is to get us to drop identity so that vaporised presence, free from attachments is then one with God in a continuum of flicker free awareness. To this end, each path or practice works at either negation by meditation contemplation or celebration by bliss energisation, wherein the idea is that we become free from all concepts and delusion of our imagined thought based or belief based knowing. In other words, the mirror must be shattered.

In the path of Bhakti, we surrender to our chosen deity and become one with it by merging hearts, in a state of no-mind. In mindfulness practice, we attempt to hold our awareness in a Satvik stance, witnessing ourselves from a centreless fulcrum. The practice of service evokes unconditional love, thereby extinguishing narrowness of ego driven cravings. Meditation is simply resting in thought rested stillness wherein we are content to just be as we are, attention poised and animated but yet agendaless, whereupon the emptiness is energised by bliss in fullness, which too we witness in astonishment and wonderment from the void.

In all paths, identity disappears so that our true Self as one with God comes into focus. Therefore all paths are valid in their own right, serving the same purpose and reaching the same singular ultimate truth.
Old 06-02-2023, 04:09 AM
Master
the obvious solution, be lawful, righteous and just.
"You reap what you sow" therefore sow righteousness and in time you will reap your righteous reward.
Gods blessings to all whom are deligently walking the righteous path, your reward is abundant and prayers answered.
Our God is a righteous God.
Amen

utopiandreamchild
Old 06-02-2023, 04:18 AM
Master
@ utopian ~ yes indeed with the understanding that the aspect of consciousness that is doer (ego) is in fact non-existent, which yet has to cleanse of karma* (*cause & effect). When the doer disappears, pristine presence simply resonates with universal mind or God, whose effervescence is unconditional, all encompassing love and light. Karma then is extinguished.

By coincidence (or perhaps not), I’ve just now composed a poem in Haibun form on another forum (poetrysoup.com), related to this. Here it is ~

An epiphany

In a time dissolved stillness continuum, awareness self-aware, floating agendalessly in the void of no-thingness, vibrationally beheld the boundaryless, soft white, self-existent living light of God, pervading all space, as soul presence looked on, awestruck in astonishment and wonderment at this ethereal spectacle! Karmic forms, representing debts of love owed presented themselves for justice and conflict resolution, which was readily agreed to but then God Himself in His boundless loving grace, mercy and compassion dissolved all past sins, drawing in the weary soul, being but an individuated aspect of His sublime essence, back into His heart, wherefrom the soul had first embarked upon his endless journey in the fierce winds of duality.

having seen we know
all that is, is love and light ~
there is no one here

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 06-02-2023 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-02-2023, 07:25 AM
Glenda

dEEP INSIDE...
Old 09-02-2023, 09:07 AM
Master
Yes, I think some people are scared to let go of identity.

Who am I, if I am not the person I think I am?

The true self resides content, in not knowing ..

The unknown often the part people are afraid to enter without any grasping, attaching or identity..
Old 09-02-2023, 09:30 AM
Master
@ JustBe ~ the existence of delusion depends upon thought flow nurturing some aspect of fear or desire or let us say egoic glue or attachment, which causes us to stagnate rather than flow. It is for this reason, I hold the view that we must shift into thought rested silence, which effectively means cessation or non-doing but yet with awareness animated, attentive and agendaless.

Any meditation where we say observe breath or chant a mantra or perhaps invoke by affirmation the presence of a deity, it is in mind and hence both limited as well as unreal. Strangely, what I’ve seen is that most people cannot seem to relate to this utterly simple concept, almost a prerequisite, if you ask me.

The tantric practices of esoteric kriya yoga techniques or Buddhist practices of inducing mindfulness by use of concentration, both employ force. Maybe under the direct tutelage of an adept such methods may work because then we are actually receiving shaktipat* (*energy transfer) from the guru. Otherwise, the proposition itself seems self defeating.

It is the actual shift in our consciousness, gentling thought, word and deed, moment to moment that we can soften attention. We change and then our energy body, heart and mind, they all come into alignment automatically. Thus it is the becoming that enables, not a regimented practice. Of course, this seems inconvenient for most, who want a quick fix solution, a rapid ascent, through artificial means.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:11 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

The objective of all spiritual paths and religious doctrines is to get us to drop identity ...

My own view is that the human is designed without any spare parts. If so, losing identity may be improper.

Perhaps personality identity refines and unfolds to reveal spiritual identity.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:54 AM
Master
@ Mora321 ~ identity, if equated with continuity of our existence, mirrored as fear of death, of annihilation, obviously has roots in mind-body, which in any case is transient. This is natural. However, upon consciousness expansion in meditation, upon shifting from feeling of separateness to stirrings of interconnectedness to recognition of oneness, identity automatically drops away. There is no one here, in as a separate self.

Liken it to all minds connected seamlessly with universal consciousness, as is described in the law of one, Ra material. Aaron Abke has several great YouTube videos on this subject. Then of course the entire Advaita Vedanta teachings are nondual.

The problem about accepting this is that as long as we are in lower mind, enmeshed in fragmented thought, we cannot step beyond its limitations. Hence the necessity to abide in thought rested stillness. Awareness yet is but sans thought forms. Without thought, identity recedes. Then the direct understanding of reality, as it is dawns.

I don’t know if I could make this adequately clear or not.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:44 PM
Master
@unseeking seeker

Of course fear is what feeds the delusion, I’m one who fed and watered mine, to its full capacity (well almost). Along with conditioned mind holding into beliefs, it definitely becomes a turning point, when all that ceases. In saying that fear and conditioned mind becomes it’s own path, to undo and let go, so potential is abound to find yourself within all that. Of course it requires attentiveness and openness to know there is more, more of you and more of life within you, that seeks to become.

Fear awakens fight and flight responses as I’ve learned, so resting in silence and developing an attentiveness to notice yourself more directly in such programs, would be most beneficial. By allowing, with an openness (no agenda) to let thjngs within you unfold, naturally and continuously without force (as you’ve noted) you’ll gain more leaps and strides in growth, as I have found.

It all sounds so very simple as a direct experience understanding itself ,aware, but for the complex nature, most of us start out with, even the simplicity is hard to grasp within the whole dynamic as potential.

I recall fighting to protect my complexity over simplicity in a profound manner. So again letting go of control and showing up with an openness to grow beyond what currently is, is probably a very wise move.

If your hellbent on protecting your views, your beliefs and come with an agenda you’ll stagnate or remain only there, where you hold the reigns.

An interesting story relating to this comes to mind. I journeyed over fifteen years ago with a fellow seeker and during that time my growth expanded profoundly. We were the perfect mirror. When I met up with that person in recent times, he remarked he read back through old documented memories of that time and he was shocked he hadn’t grown hardly at all. My presence was rather foreign to him, but I see I’d grown and he’d stagnated. And he was very aware of it, without me saying. Of course fight and flight took over that realisation eventually..

Challenging is part of the process, but challenging and not allowing yourself to let those challenges undo you in some form of your own identity or containment, won’t fully serve the whole shared space you’ve chosen. And if your being challenged let those challenges reveal you.

Fear as I’ve mentioned can dictate the way and when, temporarily, but everything reaches you eventually, because you can’t not meet the person, that is seeking you.. ‘you’
Old 10-02-2023, 01:48 AM
Master
@ JustBe ~ yes, each journey is unique with its own ‘degree of difficulty’. Fears and desires are the two sides of the coin called attachment; attachment to identity, to this mind-body and the script we have built around it. That’s conditioning by life, by the environment.

Take gender for instance. We wake up every morning expecting to be in the same body, the same gender. What if it isn’t so? Yes, we admit there is bondage. Likewise for thought patterns, likes, dislikes, prejudices in subconscious mind … we can see at least some of them within us, if we look.

At some stage, the spiritual journey may seem like escapism. However, it is actually a recognition, a recognition that changes the way we look at ‘others’ and at the challenges itself that life poses. Nonchalance and acceptance. Compassion. The entity (us) who views life has in fact surrendered, knowing whatever appears will disappear and also that it has already happened in the ethereal domain and is merely playing out here again in linear time. Hence déjà vu.

So what’s there left to do then in this ‘reality’ or lucid dream? It is our response to what unfolds, moment to moment, free from preconceived notions and concepts. No-mind. If we are alert, aware, awake, we have the limited free will to refine our responses. This brings about shifts within. That is the path, the pathless path. The orchestra follows.