Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-01-2023, 05:57 AM
Pathfinder

Is it wrong to enjoy somebody getting "their karma?"

Hi everyone. I think this is an interesting topic because alot of people might say "you should never wish bad things on anyone." Maybe it might just be a waste of your energy to wish bad things on somebody but I personally don't believe there's anything wrong with enjoying when they get their's.
I think alot of it depends on how they treated you. I personally don't recommend revenge but I do think that people eventually reap what they sow.
That is just my point of view but anyone else is welcome to add their's.
Old 07-01-2023, 07:09 AM
Master

Re Returningmoon

Aww I did laugh at your comments. Luuuv your honesty.

If the rest of us are really honest I think we all get a little bit of satisfaction seeing an especially nasty person have their karma come back.

Yes I do believe as your stated that we do reap what we sow but to be honest I haven’t seen my ex reap what he has sown LOL

But as my old granny used to say, “ahh the devil looks after his own”. You gotta laugh hey!
Old 07-01-2023, 10:49 AM
Master
I’ll let you be the judge of that. Hehe
Old 07-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Knower
I do enjoy witnessing someone receiving their Good karma.

In the past I have relished in others seeming to reap what they sow,
though when viewed through the eyes of Divine Love I relish in the fact that
all Living beings are worthy of the greatest of Joy and happiness and Love
and we all come back to that in time.IMO
All Life benefits when we are all lifted up.IMO
PEACE
Old 07-01-2023, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Aww I did laugh at your comments. Luuuv your honesty.
If the rest of us are really honest I think we all get a little bit of satisfaction seeing an especially nasty person have their karma come back.
Ditto.

What's the alternative? When the speeding car gets pulled over to say..."Aw darn, too bad a cop was there, poor guy."
I'm pleased he got caught.
Prob cuz there seems to be so much injustice in the world, that when it happens I think we can be pleased with no guilt.
We can always have a little benevolent thought of...Hope this guy learns from this and changes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2023, 02:26 PM
Guide

No, I don't see anything wrong with watching karma served with great pleasure. The way I see it, someone/something else judged them and took care of matters. I did no judging, I sought no revenge, so why shouldn't I be pleased when the Universe works out in a way I sort of understand?
Old 07-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Experiencer

Taking delight in another's come-uppance is a human trait. We've also heard from the preachers that the blessed in heaven look down and enjoy the "justice of God" being meted out to the wicked. Again, that is a human perspective. It is neither right nor wrong, just a revenge fantasy of minds immersed in duality. When one sees without a doubt that there is no separation, that there are in reality no "others", then we experience compassion rather than satisfaction in the tribulations of any sentient beings.

__/\__
Old 07-01-2023, 03:34 PM
Angel1

Anyone wanna hear a St. Thérèse of Lisieux story?

Catholics would love it!! It was in the back of my mind the whole time I wrote my first post on this thread.
Why? Cuz I do think most Catholics or exes never get it out of their system that...
They would like to rise to saintliness. Be like the saints, close to the Divine. In thought, word and deed.

So, here was a terrible man, 1800s - murderer, rapist, thief, oh my...and he is to
be guillotined in the Square.
Every day almost every minute Sister Thérèse prayed for his soul.
Not just the day of his execution! As said.
Praying that he would accept Jesus or God into his heart so that he would not be cast into hell.
It worked. The few last minutes he did.

So that is my benchmark inside I wish to make! Being happy at pay back isn't really a great thing in my head.
Rationalizing comes easily sometimes for me.
I reach for a Zen detachment or neutrality at the least.

Good topic!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Master

But after this program, initial worldly physical thought never forget you are to show compassion (spiritual compassion) as all have gone through their own karma (past lives, maybe current lives.) All can point to examples. I have. Is holding on wrong?
Old 07-01-2023, 04:38 PM
Master

From a Christian perspective I can remember the verse that says “God disciplines those He loves”……consider that as an act or manifestation of karma……:)