Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-12-2022, 02:13 PM
Master

12-9-22B …

I have noticed … with some sadness … that the Non-Duality sector has been all but abandoned. That used to be one of my favorite sectors to go into … as it kept me in touch with what the “intellectuals” were up to as of late. It is my opinion that that sector was quite important and core to the overall membership and its loss … is the loss to the board itself.

I have no idea where everyone went … but it’s too bad. There were some individuals there who were as steadfast in their mental beliefs as I am in mine. They were good at what they put forth … and were of benefit to anyone who wanted to glean a comparison.

I hope that those people didn’t “leave the planet” with all the icky stuff floating around these days. I hope they find whatever it is they are looking for.

Again … on we go.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 09-12-2022, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
12-9-22B … I hope that those people didn’t “leave the planet” with all the icky stuff floating around these days.
I hope they find whatever it is they are looking for.
Well, JASG is great.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Master

AnotherBob …

Very much so … but … the human state of consciousness tends to nurture the belief that we are each saintly in our perspective and understanding of Self … and take *great* offense at being shown anything limiting and detrimental … and the “still have work to do” scenario is something reserved only for the softer or less paramount issues.

Every time they resist … they make the *next* time more volatile.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 10-12-2022, 12:32 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
[b].... Every time they resist … they make the *next* time more volatile.

The measure of our resistance is the arithmetic of our suffering.

__/\__
Old 10-12-2022, 12:30 PM
Master

I kinda disagree with your statement in #177’

You state “the human consciousness tends to believe that we are each saintly in our perspective and understanding of self”

I feel that most people rather look at themselves in the opposite way. Most of us tend to “playdown” ourselves rather than regard ourselves as saintly.

Ide be interested to know where you got that idea from.

You also state that “people take great offence at being shown anything limiting and detrimental.

What would you describe as limiting and detrimental?

Not judging. Just interested.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:33 PM
Master

AnotherBob …

Brilliant. A fabulous phrasing of a classic principle of Life.

I’ll be using that one often myself.

Thanks.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 10-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Master

Redchic12 …

Then we can agree to disagree.

“Being aware” lets you observe Life … and Self. People claim and state all kinds of things and dismiss them … shore them up … excuse them … to keep from looking.

“Limiting and detrimental” are patterns / habits practiced by the individual that keep them from advancing beyond where they are at the moment. They are different for each individual.

I’ve explained all of this via the BEMB thread.

You’ll figure it out.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 10-12-2022, 02:35 PM
Master

12-10-22A …

Negative words and images close the consciousness … positive words and images open it. ( Are not words … images? )

Wandering dissipates consciousness … while control and discipline focus it.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 10-12-2022, 04:20 PM
Master

Quote:
12-10-22A …

Negative words and images close the consciousness … positive words and images open it. ( Are not words … images? )
Where do negative word come from. We tend to think negative comes from and by others, but there is sender and receiver. I look at both. Sometimes it is me. Anger for example shuts us down. We can make words negative to shut down. Negative is intended to shut down communication into consciousness. Consciousness protects. Are we just in protection mode which is hidden and natural and automatic. Many times people already have their minds made up imo. We often think we think it but it is already there. I have had my experience with word and consciousness to.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:07 PM
Master

Re zorkchop

Ok yes I agree when you state being aware let’s you observe life and self. I get that. It’s the saintly that I can’t get my head around.

You state that when people resist, it makes the next time more volatile surely does not include everyone. Sometimes people resist for a while and then after a short time they will take the plunge and others will resist for a longer period of time and then go for it and yet others will never go for it. I’m sure not every situation would be volatile. Could be wrong but just a thought.

People can and will use excuses not to look further for a variety of reasons, I feel the excuses are more to do with fear and maybe lack of trust with the person they are dealing with or that they don’t feel ready at this point in time to really see further. Or perhaps this just isn’t their time to go deeper. It’s ok for them to be like this. Not everybody can learn in the same way or the same time as everyone else. Does it always have to be volatile?

Still don’t see it as saintly tho. Maybe I’m wrong. But just putting my thoughts down.

Now one for AnotherBob.

You state the measure of our resistance is the arithmetic of our suffering.

Now, just for my little pea brain can you explain that very simply so I can get what you are actually saying. Sorry I’m just not an intellectual.
Many thanks.

Thanks Zorkchop for explaining to me.

Ok thanks for explaining the “limited and detrimental” statement. I get that now.