Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-11-2022, 05:12 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Yes I agree. Ego is not necessarily bad. For me there is a negative ego and a positive ego.
Well said. Dr. Wayne Dyer called those the Lower ego self and the Higher ego self....yup!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-11-2022, 11:28 PM
Master

11-14-22B …

Most of us carry on these mental talking points with ourselves and with those around us - - but unfortunately - - on most occasions … these conversations are argumentative. We only have to observe the masses on the street to prove this assertion. So many people are mentally engrossed in conversation and few appear to be happy about it … but the very intensity of their feeling must lead them quickly to the unpleasant incident they themselves have mentally created … and therefore … must now … take part in.

Since we tend to draw like-attracts-like to ourselves … the effects or reactions drawn to us do *not* have to be specifically exact … or … only what we inwardly focus on comes to us under those exact, specific conditions or situations. There are thousands of “similar” experiences that can be drawn to us but we have to be very, very perceptive to see the common thread.

Thoughts … certainly … are the same way. “Hey … I *never* thought *that* before … “ … doesn’t hold. If it’s similar in nature … it’s like saying … that’s not the color of fire-engine red … it’s rose. Both … have “red” in it … and are similar. Same thing with thoughts.

Go “more broad” to find out the common thread and then revise out of it … and into the new.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 15-11-2022, 03:16 PM
Master

11-15-22A …

Think how many people right now are stuck in believing what the media and the conventional / traditional teachings tell them. It is an incredibly difficult step to learn how to live beyond what society tells them is the “way to live.” How do you even uncover independent thinking?

If you are just dipping your toe in the water beyond the traditions / norms … you’re in pretty safe territory as you can always retreat quickly and easily. Pressing forward a bit more … keep your moves to yourself. People will happily attack those who are outside the norms.

No need to rebel by adding negative emotional pressure to the move … just live beyond.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 15-11-2022, 05:24 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
… just live beyond.
Simple but not always easy.
It can be a seemingly lonely outward path.
Old 15-11-2022, 06:34 PM
Knower
So let's examine this Goddard quote.
"I kill and I make alive, I wound and I heal. I form the light and create darkness. I form the evil and I make the good, the weal and the woe, and there is no other."

So I am Hitler and I am Mother Teresa.
Since I am Christ and God, all is in perfection.
That's ALL folks.
Old 15-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Without the positive ego I don't see how god realisation could be possible.

Reminds me of something said in Kabbalah where you expand the ego? Yes here it is...

Only by expanding the ego and then correcting it can we reach a state in which we are able to exit it. And it’s this process like rungs on a ladder, which allows us to gradually encompass and attain all of reality to achieve the identical nature as the Upper Force.

https://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/kab...-clips/the-ego
Old 15-11-2022, 11:06 PM
Master

11-15-22B …

In giving heavy consideration and focus to your ideal … you must bear in mind that the methods of mental and spiritual knowledge are entirely different. This is a point that is truly understood by not more than one person in a million … maybe more.

Be aware that you know a thing mentally by looking at it from the outside, by comparing it with other things, by analyzing it and defining it … categorizing it … I’ve been through this list many times … whereas - - you can know a thing spiritually only by becoming it. You must be the thing itself … the spiritual being … the spiritual ideal … and not merely talk about it or look at it. You must be like the moth in search of its idol - - the flame.

This … you do inwardly … until it is strong enough for you to live of and with it.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 16-11-2022, 02:11 PM
Master

11-16-22A …

The first step in the revision of your mental perceptions or renewing of the mind is desire. You must want to be different. This needs to be *more* than a casual interest … you must *want* to be different … a different “you.”

Then you must make your future dream or goal or specific viewpoint a present fact. You must live the future you … now. You do this by assuming the feeling of the Wish Fulfilled. By desiring to be other than what you are, you can create an ideal of the person you want to be and assume that you are already that person.

You do this … inwardly … and practice it … and practice it some more … for maybe twenty minutes or so at a time … of good, focused revision / new ideal. Then turn it loose and go on about your outer daily routines. Hold to the inner vision. Use inner affirmations to declare victory. The outer daily life may not have “caught up” with the revision yet … but it will.

Start small … get acquainted with the procedure before you take on the greater revisions.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 16-11-2022, 11:54 PM
Master

11-16-22B …

By later paying more attention to the external world, allowing the senses to “show” you that your goal is not “real” or true or manifested as of yet - - you begin to think “I am not worthy” or “It’s not going to happen,” or “Where IS it?“ or “What am I doing wrong?“ This is the negative mind controlling the imagination.

Give some real, hard consideration to your choices as to where your mind goes … what your mind dwells on … as you walk your day. If you’re criticizing, arguing, demanding, whining, fault-finding … etc … within you … let alone outwardly … then you have *no* reason to believe your life would or will be otherwise.

I know mind is going to tell you … “You’re lying to yourself” … or something similar … if you begin to inwardly voice to the positive … to live towards and within your new ideal that has yet to come about. To live your ideal from within first … is the only way it will come about outwardly.

How many individuals … saviors and otherwise … have told you the same thing … using their own words of their own times?

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 17-11-2022, 06:47 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
11-16-22A … By desiring to be other than what you are, you can create an ideal of the person you want to be and assume that you are already that person.Post #108 Excerpt.
- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Yes,
I remember we use to cal it "Fake it til you make it".
Good stuff zorkchop.
Oh, also athletes and performers and business people use visualization techniques for achieving or being successful at their goals or tasks, which I believe are partially along the same lines as your explaining .