Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-08-2022, 02:15 PM
Master
Resurrected Sri Yukteswar Describes Afterlife

According to Paramahansa Yogananda, his guru Sri Yukteswar appeared to him AFTER PHYSICAL DEATH and described in great detail various aspects of the afterlife including the transition commonly referred to as "death". Yogananada dedicated an entire chapter of his book, Autobiography of a Yogi, to his recollections of that interaction with his guru. With due consideration to the general public to whom this book was intended, traditional terminology is utilized .... though Yogananda specifically mentioned that some of the communication was telepathic without a need for inadequate words as I experienced several times with some of my own teachers.

There have been many threads here about the afterlife so I decided to post a link to what I am now re-reading ..... a DIRECT account of the afterlife from the perspective of one whom I personally feel is a very advanced being.

https://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/afterlife/

As I continue to re-read this chapter, I will post some of my thoughts about what commands my attention most. Feel free to comment on anything in the chapter that commands your attention. The terminology is traditional and easily understandable.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 22-08-2022 at 10:03 PM.
Old 22-08-2022, 02:16 PM
Master
As I often do, Yukteswar describes the process of creation as dream-like in nature.

"God thought out different ideas within Himself and projected them into dreams. Lady Cosmic Dream thus sprang out decorated in all her colossal endless ornaments of relativity."
Old 22-08-2022, 03:46 PM
Suspended
Guide

The Afterlife is different for everybody, depending on one's beliefs.Just as everybody's dreams are different.
Old 22-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
The Afterlife is different for everybody, depending on one's beliefs.Just as everybody's dreams are different.

Yukteswar addresses that point:

"In order to please His beloved devotee, the Lord takes any desired form. If the devotee worshiped through devotion, he sees God as the Divine Mother. To Jesus, the Father-aspect of the Infinite One was appealing beyond other conceptions. The individuality with which the Creator has endowed each of His creatures makes every conceivable and inconceivable demand on the Lord’s versatility!”

The implications are consistent with your statement. That is the whole point of purification.... to see clearly and not to project one's beliefs.

Attachment 3062

Last edited by Still_Waters : 26-08-2022 at 04:04 PM.
Old 22-08-2022, 05:11 PM
I couldn't be happier that this thread was started!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-08-2022, 08:42 PM
Knower
Like an ice cube melting in an endless sea of warm water...

"Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
Old 22-08-2022, 09:58 PM
Master
QUOTE 6 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Like an ice cube melting in an endless sea of warm water...
There are several wisdom traditions that have described the process in that manner.

Sri Yukteswar says something similar albeit with different terminology.
Old 22-08-2022, 10:00 PM
Master
Power of unfulfilled desires is the root of all man's slavery

“The fleshly body is made of the fixed, objectified dreams of the Creator......

The soul, however, remains encased in the astral and causal bodies. The adhesive force by which all three bodies are held together is desire. The power of unfulfilled desires is the root of all man’s slavery."

Sri Yukteswar proceeds to discuss the power of unfulfilled desires, and that may be where I go next.
Old 22-08-2022, 10:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I couldn't be happier that this thread was started!
I thought that this topic might interest you.
Old 22-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Sri Yukteswar says something similar albeit with different terminology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Sri Yukteswar proceeds to discuss the power of unfulfilled desires, and that may be where I go next.
Sorry, but I see these two sentiments as leading to contradiction (unless he breaks off into negation of desire through unrequited completion--and even then...). But never mind that. I'm glad you get it! :)