Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2006, 01:18 PM
PrincessJ23

Is it wrong to try and contact a dead loved one via magic?

Hi,

To say I have a fascination with the afterlife is an understatment! In 2000 I lost my cousin who was like my sister, in a car accident.She was 16. Four months after I lost my boyfriend, again in a car accident. He was 18. I am now 23 and ever since losing them I have been obssesed with trying to gain proof that they are still around and can see and hear me. I have visited spiritual churchs, had card readings, tried ouija boards (I dont advise this), worked spells and many more things. My question is this? Does anyone think you should let the dead rest and they will come to you when they are ready, or is it ok to seek them out as reassurance?

Thankyou

xx
Old 18-02-2006, 09:25 PM
silver swan

Hi princessJ23 .
I read your thread and am very sorry about your great loss. It must have been a dreadful time for you. Like you I have been drawn to spiritualist churches through the loss of a family member. I really believe that it is not wrong to try and seek them out. I sensed the familiar smell of perfume when my mother in law passed over. I also find numerous white feathers everywhere i go and believe that this is her way of letting me know that she is still around. I also believe that when people pass over to the world of spirit , they remain the same person that they were when on the earth plain. Therefore they would want more than anything for us to be comforted by the fact that they were still all around. However I do not think that ouiji boards should ever be used as they can be dangerous. Just as there are people on the earth plain who are best avoided , the same goes for spirit. The problem with ouiji boards is that they attract low level spirits who do not have our best interests at heart. We have no control over the situation. However in a spiritualist church the mediums work only with love and light, so only the highest and the best will be attracted. Like attracts like. I also believe that spirit will come through when they know the time is right. Sometimes if someone passes suddenly they need time to get used to their new dimension and they may not come through straight away . This is what I believe. I am myself in the early stages of developing as a medium and so I can only tell you what I believe to be true through my experiences with spirit . I feel that if you continue visiting your local church you will find great comfort through a message from your loved ones.
xxxxx
Old 21-02-2006, 12:39 PM
PrincessJ23

Thank you Silverswan for your reply. Its good to know im not doing the wrong thing. I agree ouija boards are bad. They do connect to something evil.I will continue to go to my spiritualist church. I would love to develop too. Would love to know how youre getting on and how long you have been practising your mediumship for?

xxxxx
Old 21-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator
It's always good to pray/call for 'protection' before embarking on contacting spirits/souls, as we can often draw to ourselves negative energies.
There are many prayers/visualisations, such as the Violet Flame...

I agree that Ouija boards seem to have some kind of strange magnetic effect to all kinds of energies, both 'negative' and 'positive'...
Can you believe that Ouija boards used to be sold as TOYS?!!
I've never used one, and don't intend to...
Old 21-02-2006, 07:17 PM
silver swan

Hi PrincessJ23
I Joined a development circle through the spiritualist church. I bet they have an open circle at your local church if you are interested in joining. I have found it to be an amazing experience. Like yourself I am fascinated with the after life. I could never totally believe though until I found out for myself. I have only been sitting in a circle for seven months. I have recorded all of my meditations and it is amazing to read them back as everything falls into place. Just the other week I was sitting listening to the visiting medium at church. She gave me a message from my mother in law and told me what I had bought on my recent shopping trip! I have begun to see auras which I find amazing. Like devolution says I always ask for and visualize protection so as not to attract any unwanted spirits. xxxxx
Old 27-02-2006, 01:26 PM
psychic sue

You really can't go wrong in a circle. Remember, when our loved ones WANT to communicate, they will. We all have free will - I am sure they will make themselves known to you when the time is right. In the meantime, don't force it - relax, and if you can, join a circle. It really is a great experience.

Love and Blessings

Sue x
Old 28-02-2006, 12:46 PM
AL

If you love someone,let them go

I can't say whether it is right or wrong to contact those who have past on.
My concern would be whether it is good to pull souls back and its effects upon that soul, simply by our day to day thoughts even.
I am of the opinon that we should let souls go, with the faith and best wishes that they will be just fine.
Now the difficult part, ATTACHEMENT. I am afraid to say that, it is our bondage to that other soul and perhaps acounts between us and them from the past which can cause us to want to call them back or think about them often.
We may try to justify attachement and label it with words such as love. Unconditional love does not cause sorrow.
We may also have to accept that some souls experience untimely death due to the settling of accounts from their past, possibly even past lives. Not always an easy one to take on board either.
If you love someone, let them go/ set them free.
love Al*

Last edited by AL : 11-11-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 PM
psychic sue

I agree - when someone grieves terribly it can draw people back that should really be moving on.

Put yourself in the place of your loved one - you see your son/daughter/wife/husband crying every day and feel their pain - would you be happy to move on? Don't think I would.

Sue x
Old 05-03-2006, 02:00 AM
homecoming

Funny enough i heard James Van Praagh on the beyond show say that ouji boards were as good or as dangerous as anything else to use to contact spirits, hes view was its up to the users discearnment in using it.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:24 AM
psychic sue

I agree with him - any spirit contact requires protection. I have a ouija which I don't use regularly, but when I do I make sure I have a circle of light around me and that my Guide is on hand.

I think problems occur when people "play" with the Ouija (or any other tool) and also when people become addicted to it - using it every night.

I haven't used it for ages now because I need to work on connecting with the spirit myself.

When you use the Ouija you are not calling on a particular spirit - that's the problem, anyone can drop by.

Sue x
Closed Thread