Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 12-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How can you do a Tai Chi Form as Qigong ?
There are differences ... Are you confusing Forms as Moves ?
I just do forms - I don't think about martial things for the most part
I just do it for health -- it wouldn't matter if I was doing bodybuilding or yoga - I would still consider it a chi kung exercise - I consider just standing to be a chi kung exercise - and walking -- if you are doing chi kung all the time - then you are doing it during the taiji form as well

forms are just moves and stances put together - changing from one to the next

I just don't want to call it tai chi because I don't want someone who is trying to fight telling me that I'm doing something wrong -

it is a chi kung exercise 100% ---- I am not confusing anything - I am doing Taiji chi kung

learn Tai Chi ( Taiji ) forms here from Master Wong - right now for free ----> http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...11#post1945911
I'm not trying to complicate this
there was one teacher - trying to be a cult leader and trying to put me in his bondage - and he said - "I'm not trying to make this easy "
so like I said - I'm not trying to complicate this
we're just doing taiji forms here - it's that simple
do you want to learn forms or not ?

Last edited by Hologram8 : 12-07-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I just do forms - I don't think about martial things for the most part
I just do it for health -- it wouldn't matter if I was doing bodybuilding or yoga - I would still consider it a chi kung exercise - I consider just standing to be a chi kung exercise - and walking -- if you are doing chi kung all the time - then you are doing it during the taiji form as well

forms are just moves and stances put together - changing from one to the next

I just don't want to call it tai chi because I don't want someone who is trying to fight telling me that I'm doing something wrong -

it is a chi kung exercise 100% ---- I am not confusing anything - I am doing Taiji chi kung

learn Tai Chi ( Taiji ) forms here from Master Wong - right now for free ----> http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...11#post1945911
there was one teacher - trying to be a cult leader and trying to put me in his bondage - and he said - "I'm not trying to make this easy "
so like I said - I'm not trying to complicate this
we're just doing taiji forms here - it's that simple
do you want to learn forms or not ?

' do you want to learn forms or not ? '

I am a Qigong and Tai Chi Teacher so yes I do want to learn and teach each Form.

Tai Chi is a Martial Art and Qigong is a Healing Art, both different and cannot be mixed if you want to learn either properly and gain the benefits....

Each move goes from Yin/Yang continuously so mixing them together in whatever way you choose is neither Tai Chi nor Qigong.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:
' do you want to learn forms or not ? '

I am a Qigong and Tai Chi Teacher so yes I do want to learn and teach each Form.

Tai Chi is a Martial Art and Qigong is a Healing Art, both different and cannot be mixed if you want to learn either properly and gain the benefits....

Each move goes from Yin/Yang continuously so mixing them together in whatever way you choose is neither Tai Chi nor Qigong.

I'm not a teacher - master wong is a teacher

learn tai chi forms here from Master Wong -> http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...11#post1945911

I disagree with what you say

tai chi is ALSO a martial art - but it is not only a martial art

I'm not trying to make this complicated

Last edited by Hologram8 : 13-07-2020 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good dvd to help me learn tai chi?

Thanks
in china you don't have to buy a DVD - they teach it for free
learn tai chi forms here --> http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...11#post1945911

Last edited by Hologram8 : 12-07-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:29 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
How can you do a Tai Chi Form as Qigong ?
There are differences ... Are you confusing Forms as Moves ?

Tai chi is actually one of the best types of chi kung if it is learned from a teacher. The reason it helps to have a teacher is because they can correct mistakes and give feedback. I've seen a person who learned from a dvd, and his way ov moving was HORRIBLE, and the way he did it, it was a very poor form of chi kung.

The reason that a good tai chi form is better than a lot of chi kung is because a lot of chi kung absolutely sucks because it is extremely limited, and has become like modern yoga, which also sucks. I call it wimpy chi kung, and it is, very, compared to real chi kung.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:37 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:

You should not be teaching tai chi, and probably not chi kung either. It is clear you were taught by rank amateurs and quit learning very early on. You have no depth or understanding, your advice is incorrect, you are a bad teacher. You are the kind of person responsible for ruining the art in the West.

Like this: https://youtu.be/hBMc9s8oDWE
Old 04-08-2020, 10:44 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
I just want to do forms - I don't care about fighting - it depends on how you look at it --- I was just glad to find a good teacher who teaches forms and forms only in the lesson -- I got what I wanted from the dvd playlist -----> http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...11#post1945911

the best things in life are free
I don't really want to interact with a teacher either - the video is what I prefer
I just do the forms as a chi kung exercise anyway -
my goal was always to do Chinese martial arts for health - fighting was never the goal - it's a good chi kung exercise

I don't even like the term martial arts - I just prefer to look at it all as chi kung exercises

When I was referring to learning tai chi I was not including the self defense aspect. Of course, for that you need a teacher.

I was referring to learning to do the form correctly. It is too easy to develop bad habits and without a teacher they don't get corrected. In any case doing tai chi poorly makes it even more like chi kung, but doing it well makes it a better chi kung.

My suggestion for you, if you want to learn it without a teacher, is to use a full length mirror. Watch the details of the video like a hawk, and watch yourself in the mirror in the same way, and be honest. I've seen a lot of people who are quite lazy at imitation of movement, which is a big insult to the teacher. Try to do an exact imitation as well as possible. Trying to do an exact imitation is the mark of master material.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjumper7
When I was referring to learning tai chi I was not including the self defense aspect. Of course, for that you need a teacher.

I was referring to learning to do the form correctly. It is too easy to develop bad habits and without a teacher they don't get corrected. In any case doing tai chi poorly makes it even more like chi kung, but doing it well makes it a better chi kung.

My suggestion for you, if you want to learn it without a teacher, is to use a full length mirror. Watch the details of the video like a hawk, and watch yourself in the mirror in the same way, and be honest. I've seen a lot of people who are quite lazy at imitation of movement, which is a big insult to the teacher. Try to do an exact imitation as well as possible. Trying to do an exact imitation is the mark of master material.

it's no big deal to me I just do the forms daily on top of a lot of other stuff -- I don't worry about it - I just try to improve flexibility and such - maybe stand in some basic stances if I feel like it - I have a big schedule - tai chi is just a small part of it --- I don't care what the teacher thinks - he's not even around -- just doing it on the health side - I don't care about fighting -

I change the forms and do them incorrectly -- I can't start and end in the same spot because I do the forms inside the house and I have to make adjustments to the forms as I run out of space --- I add more chi kung to them and take away from the tai chi moves -- I just make it my own -- I don't want to be a cult follower of anyone else -
Old 05-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
it's no big deal to me I just do the forms daily on top of a lot of other stuff -- I don't worry about it - I just try to improve flexibility and such - maybe stand in some basic stances if I feel like it - I have a big schedule - tai chi is just a small part of it --- I don't care what the teacher thinks - he's not even around -- just doing it on the health side - I don't care about fighting -

I change the forms and do them incorrectly -- I can't start and end in the same spot because I do the forms inside the house and I have to make adjustments to the forms as I run out of space --- I add more chi kung to them and take away from the tai chi moves -- I just make it my own -- I don't want to be a cult follower of anyone else -

Ya sure, you can do whatever the **** you want, but what's this cult bull ****? You got emotional problems?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjumper7
Ya sure, you can do whatever the **** you want, but what's this cult bull ****? You got emotional problems?

I'm just doing my own thing here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyokBAkDXbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KajB3l45Nk0

I'm not going to wudang where I have to study Taoism

I'm not going to Shaolin where I have to study buddhism

I'm not going to go to chen village and bow down at the feet of the chen family or anything like that

free tai chi dvd videos here -----> https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...11#post1945911

Last edited by Hologram8 : 05-08-2020 at 10:42 PM.