Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-08-2020, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Accepting Christ has little to do with Scripture Morph. You don't need to accept the writings of others when you can find God everywhere.... Maybe some spend to much time in Books t
that they miss what's under their nose....

To my understanding that is a pantheist belief, not a Christian belief..

@BigJohn: Thanks for all the clarification.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
@BigJohn That's the usual explanation given by the church, I know it's not coming from you...

Odd you would make such a comment.

I did not look anything up........

It is common for people to get confused when something is taken out of context.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
To my understanding that is a pantheist belief, not a Christian belief..

@BigJohn: Thanks for all the clarification.

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Odd you would make such a comment.

I did not look anything up........

It is common for people to get confused when something is taken out of context.

No, is not taken out of context, that is the context, for Abraham and Sarah was alloweed and later on it became forbiden, what is a sin is always a sin, so...

I have already searched for an answer as I always do a lot of research trying to understand it for myself then finally I post on forums, what you have said is a very used answer, because they were not under Mosaic Law, they were excepted from it, others say that because the genes were still not corrupted, at that time it was allowed but later on things changed, we can see the end results in our time too, the children born this way have serious problems.

I read the OT ( not entirely ) for the first time many many years ago but I left out the things I could not understand.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
No, is not taken out of context, that is the context, for Abraham and Sarah was alloweed and later on it became forbiden, what is a sin is always a sin, so...

I have already searched for an answer as I always do a lot of research trying to understand it for myself then finally I post on forums, what you have said is a very used answer, because they were not under Mosaic Law, they were excepted from it, others say that because the genes were still not corrupted, at that time it was allowed but later on things changed, we can see the end results in our time too, the children born this way have serious problems.

I read the OT ( not entirely ) for the first time many many years ago but I left out the things I could not understand.

In the scriptures you cited, where was the word 'sin' ever mentioned?

Maybe you need to look at things from a different perspective.

If a baby is born, do the parents provide the child with a list of rules to live by?

Old 05-08-2020, 03:49 PM
Master
[quote=Altair]To my understanding that is a pantheist belief, not a Christian belief..

Most versions of Christianity are panentheistic.

' For in him we live, and move, and have our being '
St Paul.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:

Incest is rife in the ot TM and you'll find many rules were written to suit.... You didn't take it ' Out of context ' you are wise.....
Old 05-08-2020, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Most versions of Christianity are panentheistic.

' For in him we live, and move, and have our being '
St Paul.

In Christianity, there is a separation between God and creation.
I suspect that quote is about the holy spirit..
Old 05-08-2020, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
In Christianity, there is a separation between God and creation.
I suspect that quote is about the holy spirit..

God the father is Omniscient and Omnipresent, therefore he is everywhere and all things
Is the ' Holy Spirit ' not a Christian belief ?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:53 PM
Master

Quote:
I just want to know the truth, the absolute truth about everything and everyone... knowing the truth would help me and probably others.

if that is true... then it will eventually cross your mind that the truth may be masquerading as inedible fruit, and you will then know where to look to find it.
---------------------------------------------------------------
to answer the current question, one of the things I realized is that God hasn't said much of anything other than to people... who have then interpreted it as best they could given their current world view and written down their thoughts. So what we are seeing isn't what god said, it is what people (usually males) made of what he said, in the context of life as they currently knew it.

It is actually hard to think about things that way but for example if you do you don't feel so bound to repeat the past as it was written just because that is the known best way to do things. Because if the best known way to do things is just another version of 'he said she said' why take it so seriously?

Even prophecy is suspect when you think this way... even though it is strongly bound. Because one of the writings we have is the one guy who said he thought god said that if we would only turn from our evil ways, God would stop and not let the future that must be come to pass.