Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 06-08-2020, 04:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbdj
Some parts are but mostly it is mainly from the spirit.

If am about to give a reading, usually a image of a spirit pops up in my mind, like saying hello.

I firstly provide evidence that am working with the spirit before using the tools. I would discribe that person in spirit (hairstyle, build, cause of death etc) and a memory before going ahead with the tools or plain reading etc.

I try to use all available tools to be able to give out clearest detailing messages as possible.

Would it be accurate to say Tarot cards are a tool, a prop, something to help your focus that would become clairvoyant mediumship? Or would you return to giving a psychic reading?
Old 06-08-2020, 04:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
My cards trigger my subconscious, reading the archetypal patterns portrayed in the images.
Archetypes are ancient images of communication from before the written word. These images allow my subconscious to translate them into a language that is then relayed to the querant.
I have no idea what you mean by 'how they think they are involved', but I will assume you mean, how the cards are involved. The cards act as a trigger to access the information.

I don't really know what point you are trying to make here, because the majority of tarot readers I know could happily answer your question.

I must have asked the wrong Tarot practitioners!

I'm trying to understand what happens in Tarot reading but I can't do that unless someone helps.

I do understand psychic reading and mediumship so I've tried to work out if Tarot involves either of those disciplines. I do that by asking those who know about Tarot.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:12 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I must have asked the wrong Tarot practitioners!

I'm trying to understand what happens in Tarot reading but I can't do that unless someone helps.

I do understand psychic reading and mediumship so I've tried to work out if Tarot involves either of those disciplines. I do that by asking those who know about Tarot.

I don't consider myself psychic, I prefer to think if myself as intuitive.
If someone asks me how I see a specific event from certain cards, then I can only say, it's just a feeling of 'knowing'.

I did tell one member here, who had asked about their car being serviced, that there would be a problem with one of the wheels (or the wheel area) and would be without their car for a short time. Somehow that came from the 4 of Swords card.
Don't ask how I got the details, I have no idea, but it just felt right as I was saying it..... (it was too).

A lot of the time, in a face to face reading, I have little recollection of what I have told the querant because, for me, the cards are the trigger.

It can be that some tarot readers don't know how they get the message from the cards, they just do.

A psychic medium obviously works with the spirits which makes it easy to explain, but tarot comes from a deep 'knowing' of things we don't know that we know.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I don't consider myself psychic, I prefer to think if myself as intuitive.
If someone asks me how I see a specific event from certain cards, then I can only say, it's just a feeling of 'knowing'.

I did tell one member here, who had asked about their car being serviced, that there would be a problem with one of the wheels (or the wheel area) and would be without their car for a short time. Somehow that came from the 4 of Swords card.
Don't ask how I got the details, I have no idea, but it just felt right as I was saying it..... (it was too).

A lot of the time, in a face to face reading, I have little recollection of what I have told the querant because, for me, the cards are the trigger.

It can be that some tarot readers don't know how they get the message from the cards, they just do.

A psychic medium obviously works with the spirits which makes it easy to explain, but tarot comes from a deep 'knowing' of things we don't know that we know.

Might the "knowing" - what you feel as your 'intuition' - about those things have actually been down to a communication you received telepathically and without your conscious involvement? Yes the trigger may be the cards without details linked to any particular symbol? The details might have come from someone discarnate, someone linked to your querant, perhaps a family member, a so-called guardian angel or just a helper. Maybe such communications are what you feel as intuition?

My field is that of communication.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:15 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Might the "knowing" - your 'intuition' - about those things have actually been down to a communication your received telepathically and without your conscious involvement? Yes the trigger may be the cards but not actually linked with any particular symbol? The details would come from someone discarnate linked to your querant, perhaps a family member, a so-called guardian angel or just a helper. Maybe such communications are what you feel as intuition?

Maybe, however, for me, I don't believe the messages do come from dead family members. I can't prove or disprove that either way (I don't think anyone can have definitive proof of it). I don't work with the angelic realm (hardcore pagan here) so do not subscribe to guardian angels.

Having studied psychology for a number of years (especially C.G.Jung) I believes it's all down to levels of consciousness. Realistically, a person will explain how they think tarot works from their own perspective/belief system. My persective is, its psychological.
I didn't have The Gift, I had to learn how to read tarot, I studied, I read books, I learned from other readers, I practiced, for many, many years to get where I am with reading the cards. If it was spirit communication, I wouldn't have had to put in so many years of learning.

Yeah, I know, not really what you'd expect on a spiritual board but my path is not covered on this forum, only a few elements of it are scattered about, I just like the people here
Old 06-08-2020, 09:15 PM
Knower
I have had a tarot card reading it was accurate
Old 07-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Master
I think I've only ever once been asked about Tarot/cards being evil.
I've never thought it myself. I remember my hubby at the time had a deck and kept it in silk. He said that was needed to keep the good energies in and the bad ones out.
I've got plenty of decks, none kept in silk. I don't believe in that.

I also do not feel I get my guidance and message from deceased family or others. Occasionally I end up channeling information. I'm not sure if I am then channeling my own Higher Self though or Spirit. It always does feel like Spirit.

In general the images trigger my intuition which is why the artwork has to resonate with me. With oracle cards it's different, less dependent on artwork. It works differently.

I do not feel a deck is ink & paper only. In the beginning, yes. But I do feel my own energy goes into it, logical as I touch it a lot and I have a specific energy that's different from someone else's.
Some decks I do not like others to hold or use. It depends on who and their energy. I always ask another reader if I can pick up their deck or not. I do that with all magickal tools btw, even with things like a shaman drum.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Maybe, however, for me, I don't believe the messages do come from dead family members. I can't prove or disprove that either way (I don't think anyone can have definitive proof of it). I don't work with the angelic realm (hardcore pagan here) so do not subscribe to guardian angels.

Having studied psychology for a number of years (especially C.G.Jung) I believes it's all down to levels of consciousness. Realistically, a person will explain how they think tarot works from their own perspective/belief system. My persective is, its psychological.
I didn't have The Gift, I had to learn how to read tarot, I studied, I read books, I learned from other readers, I practiced, for many, many years to get where I am with reading the cards. If it was spirit communication, I wouldn't have had to put in so many years of learning.

Yeah, I know, not really what you'd expect on a spiritual board but my path is not covered on this forum, only a few elements of it are scattered about, I just like the people here
I was like you once when it came to angels. At the time I was letting go of religion, which at first I found hard, and with that also the Angelic realm.
But then I got apprenticing with a very hard-core pagan, a die-hard hedgewitch to the bone, and she worked with angels! When I found out, my jaw dropped, haha.
ANd she said that angels have nothing to do with church/religion. They had been around way before those were even invented. The angels / Angelic realm had always been there.
From that day onward I've begun to open up to -and work with- angels and the angelic realm. And I'm glad I did, and grateful she brought it to my attention!
Old 07-08-2020, 11:38 AM
Administrator
Not a deck of cards i own never have never will i just dont like them
not sure what it is about them .if anybody were to give me a deck i would bin them

Namaste
Old 07-08-2020, 11:46 AM
Master
I think, whatever you believe is try for you.

I only have one deck of Oracle Cards, which I bought after using the online deck so much I had worn virtual holes in it. (Just kidding)

I like this deck, because it is very positive in the message and revolves around nurturing growth and intuition, which is where I am at the moment.

I think every person is unique and each must follow their own path.

Namaste