Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-08-2020, 06:26 PM
Master
Consymed with being spiritual

IF were all one source, all energy, as has been divulged over the eons, why oh why are we spending the time we can be human, consumed with being spiritual, isnt that doing experience an injustice?

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 04-08-2020, 06:51 PM
Master
The question you are asking is why did we become human? Lots of religious people believe that we became human to serve God and bring the Kingdom of Heaven here on Earth. The “Our Father” prayer says “thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”

Lots of spiritual people embrace that we are here on Earth to grow our consciousness, or soul, or remove karma. There are lots of different perspectives on this. My belief is that human life is a transition period.

The human body is designed for us to do spiritual work, with its charkas, etc. I think lots of people confuse the world that man built, and its comforts, with the reason why they are here on Earth. The world that man built is a monument to the human ego.

I embrace a greater purpose to human life then going to McDonalds for a Big Mac, but I see nothing wrong with doing that. Still I feel the majority of my time here on Earth should be spent in spiritual development, but I also understand that not everyone may share my point of view.

I can be consumed with spirit, or I can be consumed with living in the so-called 21st Century with all of its constructs. No good or bad, no right or wrong, just how we may choose to spend our time here in human form. It is a very personal choice.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Master

I for one allow myself to be human.

When I was younger my goal was to never sin (Christian at the time)

I had agonizing moments when I failed and was engulfed in guilt and regret.

That came to an end about 20 years ago. Now I love being human. Wiggling my toes in human experiences. Breaking the rules. Thinking outside the box. Questioning everything. It is so freeing.

And in the process I am becoming more spiritual. When I realized i know nothing, I lost all expectations.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:15 PM
How did I double post? I should know better by now? Post is below :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
IF we're all one source, all energy, as has been divulged over the eons, why oh why are we spending
the time we can be human, consumed with being spiritual, isnt that doing experience an injustice?
Well, this could be directed to a yogi sitting in meditation in a cave if you wanted to.
"Hey, get out there and be more human!"

I'm thinking we are into being human ok- but, having the best experience - and seeing things in a deeper way, aka spiritually,
aids in that richer experience of being human.
Like, hey, when ya get more knowledgeable in spirit you could then turn water into wine...a very handy thing saving trips to the store.
Spirituality = happier times, imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-08-2020, 10:13 PM
Master
My body is human but I am not my body. Different people live different degrees of spiritual life; some are a student, some are in renunciation, some are a householder, while others may be a hermit. These are the four yogic lifestyles. There are all sorts of clergy, monks, nuns, priests, ministers, rabbis, mahatmas, gurus, etc., who practice and ascetic lifestyle.

After my discharge from the army I joined a monastery, this is not for everyone, was ordained a brother and trained to become and Episcopal Priest, but I left the church before that occurred.

About a decade later I met a guru from India and joined his ashram, which is similar to living a monastic lifestyle. Men and women do join a monastery or nunnery to dedicate themselves to a spiritual lifestyle. This is done around the world in many different religions and spiritual practices, but again, its’ not for everyone.

Not everyone has a “normal” human body or a normal human experience. The word normal meaning what the majority looks like or experiences. Some may have lost their legs, some and arm. I lost my eyesight in Vietnam and was totally blind for about 5-years, so my physical experience had and increased limitation.

Some people are autistic and have a different sensory perception from the norm, etc. A spiritual lifestyle just offers all people and option. We are all growing spiritually regardless of our lifestyle and all taking on a spiritual practice, or spiritually oriented lifestyle, does is speed things up. There is no should or shouldn’t unless and individual feels such. All any of us can do is speak for ourselves. Peace.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:55 AM
Master

Emotion in slow motion

Transforming agitation to bliss elation

Enablement from reflection to transmission, to co-creation

Old 05-08-2020, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
IF were all one source, all energy, as has been divulged over the eons, why oh why are we spending the time we can be human, consumed with being spiritual, isnt that doing experience an injustice?

Experience varies each moment according to what is filling our attention.

I prefer experiencing myself as spirit while being human on the world stage.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:53 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Humans don't do anything for nothing so being Spiritual is a very human thing to do - does Spirit think it's Spiritual? Being consumed by Spirituality is an experience just the same though, and not at all Spiritual according to some. But then, if they were so Spiritual wouldn't they take the inner Journey and delve into the reasons they're so consumed with Spirituality in order to become more aware of themselves instead of simply labelling themselves? What warts does the label hide?
Old 05-08-2020, 02:09 PM
Master

Quote:
We are slowly realizing who we truly are as consciousness evolves in and through us.

What we call spirituality is the self-conscious recognition and facilitation of this by the concentration and acceleration of that process.

That is an opportunity, not an injustice.

~ J