Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-07-2020, 04:55 PM
Soul Seeker

Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks.

Yahweh, it is written, created us in his image.

He is described as a vile genocidal and infanticidal god, a demiurge to us Gnostics Christians, and is responsible for a religion that has become homophobic and misogynous and who grew Christianity by inquisitions and murder.

This is not surprising given that so many of Christianity’s moral tenets are immoral. Christianity lacks moral tenets with which to convert. It takes pressure and force to believe the weird Christian take on the otherwise decent Jewish beginnings of their religion and god. Christians should have usurped some decent god as without Midrash, Yahweh is more like an evil Satan than a good god.

If you think you are created in Yahweh’s image, and able to do his evil and good deeds, are you happy about it?

If you do not think you are up to Yahweh’s evil ways, are you happy about it?

Regards
DL
Old 22-07-2020, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker

I do not know where you got that information. It is not found in the Bible unless you manipulated the expression "Let us make man in our image" to mean what you want it to be.

Quote:
He is described as a vile genocidal and infanticidal god, a demiurge to us Gnostics Christians, and is responsible for a religion that has become homophobic and misogynous and who grew Christianity by inquisitions and murder.
Can not those same words be used to describe the Gnostic God?

Quote:
This is not surprising given that so many of Christianity’s moral tenets are immoral. Christianity lacks moral tenets with which to convert. It takes pressure and force to believe the weird Christian take on the otherwise decent Jewish beginnings of their religion and god. Christians should have usurped some decent god as without Midrash, Yahweh is more like an evil Satan than a good god.
What? The Christian God and the Jewish are the same.

Quote:
If you think you are created in Yahweh’s image, and able to do his evil and good deeds, are you happy about it?

Regards
DL[/quote]

I am not surprised you mis-paraphrased Genesis 1:26. This i a common error. The scripture reads "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.""

Most people reduce the expression "let us make mankind in our image" to something like "Mankind is made in God's image" which is not accurate.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-07-2020, 12:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I do not know where you got that information. It is not found in the Bible unless you manipulated the expression "Let us make man in our image" to mean what you want it to be.

Regards
DL

I am not surprised you mis-paraphrased Genesis 1:26. This i a common error. The scripture reads "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.""

Most people reduce the expression "let us make mankind in our image" to something like "Mankind is made in God's image" which is not accurate.

You seem quite well read. Congrats! (seriously!)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-07-2020, 02:47 AM
ketzer

Quote:

DL
Genocidal, infanticidal, homophobic, misogynous, etc... it sounds to me like man is envisioning a God that is a lot like man.
Of course there is the loving, merciful, self sacrificing, side of things in those stories as well.

And don't forget about the long gray beard, makes God seem wise I suppose.
Old 23-07-2020, 02:50 AM
ketzer

Quote:

Regards
DL

Most people reduce the expression "let us make mankind in our image" to something like "Mankind is made in God's image" which is not accurate.[/quote]
Yes, that is how most interpret those words. What then is the accurate interpretation? Are you objecting to the shortening of the quote, or saying it means something else.
Old 23-07-2020, 03:25 AM
Master
The scripture does not say "Created in God's image" but says "Let us create mankind in our image". The 'us' that is used is interesting. Paul commented further on the 'us' by saying Jesus was the first of creation and the rest of creation was done by Jesus. We can assume the "us" is at least Yahweh and Jesus. The conversation may have included others such as the "sons of God".

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-07-2020, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You seem quite well read. Congrats! (seriously!)
Thanks for the comment.

What I wrote should be part of 101 but for some reason, most people skip this part.

Old 23-07-2020, 05:08 AM
Experiencer

bj look at Gen :27 or rather Ill just paste it below-it is from the NIV version of Bible

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
Old 23-07-2020, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
The scripture does not say "Created in God's image" but says "Let us create mankind in our image". The 'us' that is used is interesting. Paul commented further on the 'us' by saying Jesus was the first of creation and the rest of creation was done by Jesus. We can assume the "us" is at least Yahweh and Jesus. The conversation may have included others such as the "sons of God".

Genesis 1:27, NIV: "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

Genesis 1:27, ESV: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

Genesis 1:27, KJV: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Genesis 1:27, NASB: "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

Genesis 1:27, NLT: "So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

Genesis 1:27, CSB: "So God created man in his own image; he created him in the image of God; he created them male and female."

Take your pick....
Old 23-07-2020, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
bj look at Gen :27 or rather Ill just paste it below-it is from the NIV version of Bible

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Exactly