Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-07-2020, 03:56 PM
Master
Something (non-duality) out of Nothing (also non-duality).

The spiritual foundation is nothing/no-thing-aka the source/brahman/the tao/the eternal right here and right now, heaven, nirvana, god or whatever name you give it, is infinte empty unoccupied space (with the exception of the energy we can't see with our human eyes), which exists before and after the "big bang".

This means nothing is indeed something. Nothing/nothingness is just empty unoccupied space that has energy in it. This nothing and energy just exists and is eternal-has no beginning and has no end.

Something is occupied space/matter that "our" consciousness is aware of because occupied space/matter is inside/contained in unoccupied space. Occupied space/matter can be destroyed, but the energy that is inside occupied space/matter can't be destroyed because all the forms of energy that is inside occupied space/matter is the nothing/nothingness.

I think the above puts non-duality/oneness into more context/perspective.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:45 PM
MAYA EL

If its nothing then it wouldn't have energy in it and especially not energy with unlimited potential
Old 12-07-2020, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
If its nothing then it wouldn't have energy in it and especially not energy with unlimited potential
That is my point. Edit: Nothing is something. Nothing only means no-thing, meaning no occupied space. Take away all occupied space(s), and all you have left is unoccupied space. We will not be there to be conscious of and experience unoccupied space and the energy so unoccupied space/energy is nothing.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Master

Isn't nothing / something a duality, when you consider them more than different names for the same concept?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:00 PM
MAYA EL

But your conscious of its existence right now? So how can you contemplate/ talk about something that your not consciously aware of? You can't. The saying "you don't know what you don't know but that much you do know even though you don't actually know " comes to mind.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Isn't nothing / something a duality, when you consider them more than different names for the same concept?
Nothing (empty unoccupied space) and something, matter (occupied space) is not duality/separate from each other because nothing (empty unoccupied space) is/created that something/occupied space/matter and the something/matter/occupied space is that nothing, inside itself.

Nothing/unoccupied space is the concept of non-duality and something/matter/occupied space is the concept of duality. Nothing/unoccupied space is both duality and non-duality.

You are able to see/ be aware of and focus on Nothing (empty unoccupied space) and something, matter (occupied space) outside of yourself in your normal day to day life, thus nothing/something is not a mental concept, or idea. The nothing/something which you see with your eyes in your daily life is concrete/objective. You can not see the mental concept/idea of non-duality outside of yourself with your own 2 eyes without the mental concept/idea of duality.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
But your conscious of its existence right now? So how can you contemplate/ talk about something that your not consciously aware of? You can't. The saying "you don't know what you don't know but that much you do know even though you don't actually know " comes to mind.
I use the word nothing the way my ego/I see's it, which is as unoccupied space in the context where there is no occupied space/matter present, but energy is present in unoccupied space. Nothing is the unoccupied space and nothing is the energy that is in unoccupied and occupied space.

Are you consciously aware that nothing/unoccupied space does not have (consciousness) energy in it and especially not energy with unlimited potential? The infinite probabilities of Quantum mechanics/physics comes to my mind here.

I am contantly consciously aware of the empty unoccupied space that surrounds the tablet (and of other empty unoccupied space and occupied space in my day to day life) that I am typing this post on, is nothing because I see the empty unoccupied space/nothing with my 2 eyes as being empty unoccupied space. Sure, there are all sorts of energy that exists in the empty unoccupied space that surrounds my tablet, and all other occupied space(s), be it electromagnetic, electric and etc. But I am a human with an ego/I whom exists as something/occupied space/matter, so from a human/something/matter point of view, unoccupied space is nothing, yet at the same time, unoccupied space/nothing is something/occupied space/matter. Calling it nothing/unoccupied space keeps it simple, infinite and places no limitations on it.
Old 13-07-2020, 02:06 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I use the word nothing the way my ego/I see's it, which is as unoccupied space in the context where there is no occupied space/matter present, but energy is present in unoccupied space. Nothing is the unoccupied space and nothing is the energy that is in unoccupied and occupied space.

Are you consciously aware that nothing/unoccupied space does not have (consciousness) energy in it and especially not energy with unlimited potential? The infinite probabilities of Quantum mechanics/physics comes to my mind here.

I am contantly consciously aware of the empty unoccupied space that surrounds the tablet (and of other empty unoccupied space and occupied space in my day to day life) that I am typing this post on, is nothing because I see the empty unoccupied space/nothing with my 2 eyes as being empty unoccupied space. Sure, there are all sorts of energy that exists in the empty unoccupied space that surrounds my tablet, and all other occupied space(s), be it electromagnetic, electric and etc. But I am a human with an ego/I whom exists as something/occupied space/matter, so from a human/something/matter point of view, unoccupied space is nothing, yet at the same time, unoccupied space/nothing is something/occupied space/matter. Calling it nothing/unoccupied space keeps it simple, infinite and places no limitations on it.

But why are you calling a space that has no physical mater/form in it but DOES have an unlimited kind of "energy " in it "nothing/ unoccupied?
Old 13-07-2020, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:
But why are you calling a space that has no physical mater/form in it but DOES have an unlimited kind of "energy " in it "nothing/ unoccupied?
Because we observe and experience with our consciousness, that unoccupied space has no physical matter/occupied space in it.

Unoccupied space and physical matter/occupied space is the same energy, We are able to observe and experience the energy of occupied space with our consciousness, but we are not able to observe and experience the energy of unoccupied space with our consciousness.
Old 13-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
The spiritual foundation is nothing/no-thing-aka the source/brahman/the tao/the eternal right here and right now, heaven, nirvana, god or whatever name you give it, is infinte empty unoccupied space (with the exception of the energy we can't see with our human eyes), which exists before and after the "big bang".

This means nothing is indeed something. Nothing/nothingness is just empty unoccupied space that has energy in it. This nothing and energy just exists and is eternal-has no beginning and has no end.

Something is occupied space/matter that "our" consciousness is aware of because occupied space/matter is inside/contained in unoccupied space. Occupied space/matter can be destroyed, but the energy that is inside occupied space/matter can't be destroyed because all the forms of energy that is inside occupied space/matter is the nothing/nothingness.

I think the above puts non-duality/oneness into more context/perspective.

There is no need to invoke the concept of nothing. For all we know there may have always been something. THE POTENTIAL/ENERGY for something IS something and not nothing.

When the term Oneness is used in nonduality it is not meant to indicate some sort of entity but simply that, despite the very convincing , solid looking appearance of difference, All s One.

Last edited by Iamit : 13-07-2020 at 10:50 AM.