Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 09-05-2020, 11:38 AM
Pathfinder

Broadband Sensing

hello fellow animal lovers,
i am 68 yr.old, English, and living in Germany. I'm new to this forum and i have a whole series of ideas and no-one to talk with.

My interest is something i call broadband sensing. Animals use it all the time.

Broadband sensing evolved for the purpose of being receptive to and aware of sudden movements and changes with smells, sounds and sights, in the immediate environment.

Non-selective sensing is not a good word to describe it, because this fails to describe the actual activity of being on the watch or ready to be watchful.

Peripheral sensing, refers to the peripheries, humans use this to support a central focus point when driving or cycling, but animals sense everything, nearby and central as well.

I believe our culture dosen't have any word for this, ... So my question is, is there an official name for what i call broadband sensing?

And a couple of ideas to finish with :
Broadband sensing is a vital part of the oldest, original, most natural form of being awake and staying alive. We believe to find peace of mind and be awake in the present moment we need a mental shift of perspective. We only rarely associate this shift of perspective directly with our senses and how we use them.

more on howtobenow.online (not allowed to post links as newbie - hope its ok like that)

have an inspiring day ... and keepitsimple
Old 09-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Elfin

Hi keep it simple. And welcome. Animals, dogs in particular are super sensitive to things us mere mortals are not. But I am no expert on these matters. I do not have any other name to describe to you , except intuition. That is my main "feeler". Sorry that I can't be more helpful.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:15 PM
Suspended
Master
welcome here keepitsimple...
Old 09-05-2020, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
hello fellow animal lovers,
i am 68 yr.old, English, and living in Germany. I'm new to this forum and i have a whole series of ideas and no-one to talk with.

My interest is something i call broadband sensing. Animals use it all the time.

Broadband sensing evolved for the purpose of being receptive to and aware of sudden movements and changes with smells, sounds and sights, in the immediate environment.

Non-selective sensing is not a good word to describe it, because this fails to describe the actual activity of being on the watch or ready to be watchful.

Peripheral sensing, refers to the peripheries, humans use this to support a central focus point when driving or cycling, but animals sense everything, nearby and central as well.

I believe our culture dosen't have any word for this, ... So my question is, is there an official name for what i call broadband sensing?

And a couple of ideas to finish with :
Broadband sensing is a vital part of the oldest, original, most natural form of being awake and staying alive. We believe to find peace of mind and be awake in the present moment we need a mental shift of perspective. We only rarely associate this shift of perspective directly with our senses and how we use them.

more on howtobenow.online (not allowed to post links as newbie - hope its ok like that)

have an inspiring day ... and keepitsimple

..........probably known to many of us as 'having an eye in the back of your head'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:40 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi keep it simple. And welcome. Animals, dogs in particular are super sensitive to things us mere mortals are not. But I am no expert on these matters. I do not have any other name to describe to you , except intuition. That is my main "feeler". Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

Hi Elfin,
intuition is in the same area as broadband sensing, - maybe intuition is broadband thinking, the thoughts, the ever circling thoughts, stop for a moment and a clear idea comes to the surface, - ah yes, but intuition is exactly that: having a clear path infront, a focus point, ... and animals sensing in the broadband way don't have focal points, they are aware of anything and everything, purely and actively receptive,

I'm sure migrating birds and many animals have this 'intuition' - a clear path ahead - without the ever circling thoughts, like vultures, blocking the view.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
..........probably known to many of us as 'having an eye in the back of your head'.

hello and thanks for the idea but actually the back of their heads is the one place horses and pidgeons can't see. There is an official name for this way animals use the eyes : peripheral vision, and though i find it a messy description (see above) i could accept it, - but then peripheral listening and smelling sound mystical and very stinky.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:07 PM
Master
Sixth sense?
Old 10-05-2020, 02:57 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Sixth sense?

The sixth sense is something deeper, like intuition. I am interested in the way all animals maintain a broad general awareness of their immediate physical environment ... I imagine this receptive awareness started with plants and then amoebas - focussing developed after that.

Most animals use a combination of these two ways of sensing ... like the buzzard circling - receptive to any movement which they then focus on and react to. Any blackbird pecking at a worm continually pops it's head up and checks their environment - they balance their focussing activity with broadband activity - even when sleeping, birds have one eye open.

Animals in groups like pidgeons or horses don't check so often, (safety in numbers), and humans completely neglect this ability, (we don't even have a word to describe it!) so that now we only focus, learn and think ...
Old 10-05-2020, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
The sixth sense is something deeper, like intuition. I am interested in the way all animals maintain a broad general awareness of their immediate physical environment ... I imagine this receptive awareness started with plants and then amoebas - focussing developed after that.

Most animals use a combination of these two ways of sensing ... like the buzzard circling - receptive to any movement which they then focus on and react to. Any blackbird pecking at a worm continually pops it's head up and checks their environment - they balance their focussing activity with broadband activity - even when sleeping, birds have one eye open.

Animals in groups like pidgeons or horses don't check so often, (safety in numbers), and humans completely neglect this ability, (we don't even have a word to describe it!) so that now we only focus, learn and think ...

I didn't know that birds kept one eye open when sleeping.

I suppose us humans were/are like you describe when our survival is at stake? Sounds stressful to always be on alert like that. But it's just what animals do I suppose. What about the tribes people of the world, are they still able? I was just watching a video Australian aboriginal deep listening. I don't think that's it either.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:

I always was going to put a blindfold on and try driving a car............

What I would do is put a blindfold on and wait till I could 'see everything in the room'. I suspect most people get scared if they try this but once they get used to doing it, they come to realize they can 'see' without their 'eyes'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.