Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 30-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Pathfinder

Lightbulb About channeling... Your thoughts on this.

Hello dear ones,

I have been channeling for almost two years a collective consciousness. It has been quite a learning experience, I must say, as I believe the purpose of this channeling is me learning how all of this works, so I rarely channel for somebody else (except for a few) and usually get information at a personal level.
I have been noticing some kind of "argument" between some people about channeling in general, which started with someone asking for a code. I want to stress right away I do not which to participate in such argument, but some questions have risen and i think it would be interesting to discuss them. Plus, my "spiritual friend" has been nudging me since yesterday to do so.
This thread comes from a place of love and for the sake of knowledge and experience. It isn't meant to judge or hurt anyone in any way. Basically I'll be sharing what I know and you share what you know. So let's make it interesting and not offensive.
So here are my two cents "on all things channeling".

a) There is no such thing as a fake channel. the first thing my "Sf" told me is that ANYBODY can channel. We do it all the time. The little "voice" in our minds that says "oooo notice that" or the gut feeling that miraculously prevents us to trip and fall is a form of channeling. And even though my ego would looove back then to be one of few that could do this amazing thing, well, my "sf" blatantly crushed all my hopes. And then he added "what kind of universe would it be if only a few could have access to such a wonderful thing? That's a human thing".

b) There is no such thing as an ALL KNOWING channel. Meaning, no channel can get ALL answers. And someone to claim that, it's a very irresponsible thing. Channels are translators of energy, nothing more, nothing less. I am a translator in real life, so this example quite explains it very well for me: as translators, we have fields of expertise. Mine is medicine, for example, so I would suck at translating texts regarding mechanics for example. Same goes with channeling. I know my limitations, for example, I have a hard time getting straight answers regarding life on other planets or dimensions, because my personal knowledge regarding this subject is limited. I get vague notions and pictures, but it's hard to me to connect them, so how could I provide an accurate answer? That's why often I am asked to research on certain topics.
On the other hand, just because an entity is omniscient, doesn't mean the channel can know EVERYTHING. Everything is a very vast notion, infinite. Besides, we come into this life with agreements of what we can and can't know so we can experience this lifetime the way we intended to.
The responsible thing for a channel to do is to simply say, I can't get that answer. Oh how would I love for my SF to just spit out some answers regarding my personal life or Universe in general, and all I get is a wide grin and a big fat NO, or some answer like "ok, so now I'm supposed to do it all for you? Should I replace you when you make love with your husband as well?" This last part ties to...

c) Just because you ask the entity (through the channel), doesn't mean you'll get your answer. And all because of the reasons above, but most times because 1) you are not meant to know or 2) you are not ready to know. When I asked Kathryn about what new project I should take on, I was not surprised about the answer. My SF told me the same thing and I tried (in vain) to work around it, hoping some other entity was more willing to spill the beans. MY SF is laughing now about how stupid I was.
One of the reasons we may not get a straight answer or get the confirmation we need before we ask questions may simply have to do with an internal change that needs to happen within us. Maybe we need to trust our guts more. Maybe we need to learn something first. MY SF is stressing that it's not about getting the world changing answers. We all know them already , and there's a reason we seem unable to grasp that knowledge. It's not about knowing, it's about living, discovering.

d)Channeling is not a place of power, it's a place of allowing.
It's pure team work. There are no gurus here. If only one or a few knew what to do, there wouldn't be billions of us. And, my SF adds, the message is worthless if nobody is willing to listen. Entities understand the importance of each one of us, channels and askers, because they understand the universal perfection. Everyone is where he should be. Channeling is a mean of allowing synergy to occur, of expressing pure love. That being said, take everything you hear from channels and apply it according to your own beliefs. Not that they are wrong, but the way I approach life may not be the way you approach life, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as we live by the universal prerogative: unconditional love.

e) Logic has no place in understanding channeling. I mean, isn't that pretty obvious? If I were to use logic in all I have experienced I would have sent myself to the nut house a looooooong time ago. We can't understand those things using only our physical brain, it is meant to be limited, it can't possibly grasp all things spiritual. We use our soul instead. So, IMHO, it's pretty useless to logic Channeling and Spirituality. We won't be able to understand it that way.

f) Not all channels experience entities the same. It is my personal opinion that there are no negative or positive entities, just negative or positive interpretations. The entity will wisely present itself in the way it is more efficient. My SF is a witty, sometimes mischievous and funny being. I remember telling SF I thought an entity would be more ominous and serious and his reply was: would you listen if I was? Truth is, I wouldn't. I would most likely get scared and do my best to get rid of the voice inside my head. Some channels experience visual experience, I don't. Basically because the first (and only time) my SF showed himself I hid under my sheets (I was in bed) and told him to go away. I'm a scaredy cat, the entity understands that and when he wants me to pay close attention, he sends me physical sensations instead. Also, he is a "we", buy because it's messy for me to fully grasp that concept, he presents as a male voice, probably in his forties, that takes sheer pleasure in applauding me and/or making fun of me.
In conclusion, It's hard to pinpoint what's what on how entities behave or how we see them. We each have our own interpretation and they use it to convey their message more efficiently.

So, i think I'm done with my looooong opinion. Please add some more thoughts if they occur.

Lots of love, wonderful people!

PS: Oh and please forgive for occasional grammar or spelling errors. English is not my first language and this was done with my SF nudging me all the time. Oh, and he sends you love by the way. A cozy,unconditional loving, appreciative energetic hug.

EDIT NOTE: I've noticed that in all my fast writing, I accidentally made the distinction between "channel" and "channeler". For me they are the same. I keep things simple, and although some would rightfully add some more depth, in my perspective there is only the entity (my sf) and me (the channel or channeler) involved in my channeling process, as it was explained by my SF. I made some edits on my text so it would be more comprehensible.

Last edited by WonderLau : 30-04-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: See edit note at the bottom :D
Old 30-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderLau
Hello dear ones,

I have been channeling for almost two years a collective consciousness. It has been quite a learning experience, I must say, as I believe the purpose of this channeling is me learning how all of this works, so I rarely channel for somebody else (except for a few) and usually get information at a personal level.
I have been noticing some kind of "argument" between some people about channeling in general, which started with someone asking for a code. I want to stress right away I do not which to participate in such argument, but some questions have risen and i think it would be interesting to discuss them. Plus, my "spiritual friend" has been nudging me since yesterday to do so.
This thread comes from a place of love and for the sake of knowledge and experience. It isn't meant to judge or hurt anyone in any way. Basically I'll be sharing what I know and you share what you know. So let's make it interesting and not offensive.
So here are my two cents "on all things channeling".

a) There is no such thing as a fake channeler. the first thing my "Sf" told me is that ANYBODY can channel. We do it all the time. The little "voice" in our minds that says "oooo notice that" or the gut feeling that miraculously prevents us to trip and fall is a form of channeling. And even though my ego would looove back then to be one of few that could do this amazing thing, well, my "sf" blatantly crushed all my hopes. And then he added "what kind of universe would it be if only a few could have access to such a wonderful thing? That's a human thing".

b) There is no such thing as an ALL KNOWING channel. And someone to claim that, it's a very irresponsible thing. Channels are translators of energy, nothing more, nothing less. I am a translator in real life, so this example quite explains it very well for me: as translators, we have fields of expertise. Mine is medicine, for example, so I would suck at translating texts regarding mechanics for example. Same goes with channeling. I know my limitations, for example, I have a hard time getting straight answers regarding life on other planets or dimensions, because my personal knowledge regarding this subject is limited. I get vague notions and pictures, but it's hard to me to connect them, so how could I provide an accurate answer? That's why often I am asked to research on certain topics.
On the other hand, just because an entity is omniscient, doesn't mean the channel can know EVERYTHING. Everything is a very vast notion, infinite. Besides, we come into this life with agreements of what we can and can't know so we can experience this lifetime the way we intended to.
The responsible thing for a channel to do is to simply say, I can't get that answer. Oh how would I love for my SF to just spit out some answers regarding my personal life or Universe in general, and all I get is a wide grin and a big fat NO, or some answer like "ok, so now I'm supposed to do it all for you? Should I replace you when you make love with your husband as well?" This last part ties to...

c) Just because you ask the channel, doesn't mean you'll get your answer. And all because of the reasons above, but most times because 1) you are not meant to know or 2) you are not ready to know. When I asked Kathryn about what new project I should take on, I was not surprised about the answer. My SF told me the same thing and I tried (in vain) to work around it, hoping some other entity was more willing to spill the beans. MY SF is laughing now about how stupid I was.
One of the reasons we may not get a straight answer or get the confirmation we need before we ask questions may simply have to do with an internal change that needs to happen within us. Maybe we need to trust our guts more. Maybe we need to learn something first. MY SF is stressing that it's not about getting the world changing answers. We all know them already , and there's a reason we seem unable to grasp that knowledge. It's not about knowing, it's about living, discovering.

d)Channeling is not a place of power, it's a place of allowing.
It's pure team work. There are no gurus here. If only one or a few knew what to do, there wouldn't be billions of us. And, my SF adds, the message is worthless if nobody is willing to listen. Spirits understand the importance of each one of us, channels and askers, because they understand the universal perfection. Everyone is where he should be. Channeling is a mean of allowing synergy to occur, of expressing pure love. That being said, take everything you hear from channels and apply it according to your own beliefs. Not that they are wrong, but the way I approach life may not be the way you approach life, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as we live by the universal prerogative: unconditional love.

e) Logic has no place in understanding channeling. I mean, isn't that pretty obvious? If I were to use logic in all I have experienced I would have sent myself to the nut house a looooooong time ago. We can't understand those things using only our physical brain, it is meant to be limited, it can't possibly grasp all things spiritual. We use our soul instead. So, IMHO, it's pretty useless to logic Channeling and Spirituality. We won't be able to understand it that way.

So, i think I'm done with my looooong opinion. Please add some more thoughts if they occur.

Lots of love, wonderful people!

PS: Oh and please forgive for occasional grammar or spelling errors. English is not my first language and this was done with my SF nudging me all the time. Oh, and he sends you love by the way. A cozy,unconditional loving, appreciative energetic hug.

Seeing as the forum doesn't have this feature, please allow me to add one:

You have said it all and expressed it very well. This deserves to be stickied.
Old 30-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Master
f) The channel does not exist for idle curiosity and amusement. They are there to instruct us on important lessons for our own spiritual progress and for the planet. They have no physicality in the way we would normally perceive it, so making them interact with the physical world and expecting this to happen with accuracy or repetition is a rather tall order.

g) The channeler is no way responsible for the content of the channel - the only way somebody would think this isn't the case, is if they don't believe in the whole process to begin with. I would put it this way "so you believe I am a fraud do you? that's pretty rich coming from one who doesn't believe in it to start with".

h) As an attachment to "C" - Just because you ask the channel, doesn't necessarily mean you get the answer you were expecting to get and more often than not, they're not going to come right out and 'do the homework for you' (as the OP stated). They'll point you in the right direction, but it's up to you to make the journey.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Suspended
Knower

I disagree somewhat with the restrictions in f).
Old 30-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
I disagree with f). The personage that comes thru one channel can recognize and "flirt" with the personage that's channeled by another. Perhaps they have gone on to separate realities and occasionally meet up thru us, and I doubt their capacity for humor has withered.
Please allow me to elaborate.

Yes, my spirit guides and angels have a great sense of humour and often chat with each other too!

They just don't really like being treated as 'errand boys/girls' to go and fetch the soul of whatever deceased individual I wish to communicate with at the time. They tell me they're not my lap dog.

The greatest sense of humour they have, is pretending to be demons to scare the pants off teenagers mucking around with the Ouija. I join them in laughing at the incredible gullibility of the human species sometimes...it's fun.

They also get really annoyed with Paranormal Investigators (and I happen to be one) trying to quantify or validate their existence through pseudo scientific means and equipment. They'll do whatever you ask them to do once...maybe twice if you're lucky, but after that they just won't play any more games because they don't see all this as being important to the overall scheme of things.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Suspended
Knower

I believe we can err when it comes to cautioning a youngster not to express their natural exuberance in the presence of a "Great Teacher" such as Babaji. This all too common call for 'respect' can veil an impatience not at all in character with a helpful entity.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
I believe we can err when it comes to cautioning a youngster not to express their natural exuberance in the presence of a "Great Teacher" such as Babaji. This all too common call for 'respect' can veil an impatience not at all in character with a helpful entity.
I'm sorry, but I am failing to understand you. Is there another way you can say this so that I can?
Old 30-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Suspended
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
f) The channel does not exist for idle curiosity and amusement...

An egoic call for respect possibly at the expense of another.

Quote:
..They are there to instruct us on important lessons for our own spiritual progress and for the planet...
More ego.

Quote:
...They have no physicality in the way we would normally perceive it, so making them interact with the physical world and expecting this to happen with accuracy or repetition is a rather tall order.
They are not infallible therefor, and their interaction with an exuberant child can make them lose face with their audience=Another egoic defense.
Old 30-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Master
All I am seeing is the word 'ego' yet I'm still at a loss to see how it relates, so all I'll do is this:

i) Not every channel out there is a source of peace, love, rainbows, fuzzy puppies and all nice happy things - For humans to think something is 'helpful' according to them or another human requires lots of patience, kind words, respect and heaps of sugar-coatings topped with chocolate sprinkles with whipped cream on top...when maybe all the channeler needs at the time is a good swift kick up the backside or maybe even some harsh words with positive intent behind them.

It always amuses me how people understand the word 'helpful'. It never ceases to amaze me how the opinions of one individual about how another person should be 'helped' according to their own perceived idealisms is hardly ever commensurate with the actual needs and requirements of the person they are trying to 'help'.

After all, the road to hell is paved with all of these 'good intentions' isn't it?

My angels and guides swear, get angry (especially when I smoke cigarettes), argue with me and tell me things I don't want to hear...just like a loving parent will scold the disobedient child for being disrespectful!

Am I channeling/being possessed by demons myself? maybe...but my life has been better since they've been around and I know that no matter how rowdy or mischievous it gets, it's still coming from a good place...a place of love and caring and that is what matters the most.
Old 30-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
All I am seeing is the word 'ego' yet I'm still at a loss to see how it relates, so all I'll do is this:

i) Not every channel out there is a source of peace, love, rainbows, fuzzy puppies and all nice happy things - For humans to think something is 'helpful' according to them or another human requires lots of patience, kind words, respect and heaps of sugar-coatings topped with chocolate sprinkles with whipped cream on top...when maybe all the channeler needs at the time is a good kick up the backside or maybe even some harsh words with positive intent behind them.

It always amuses me how people understand the word 'helpful'. It never ceases to amaze me how the opinions of one individual about how another person should be 'helped' according to their own perceived idealisms is hardly ever commensurate with the actual needs and requirements of the person they are trying to 'help'.

After all, the road to hell is paved with all of these 'good intentions' isn't it?

My angels and guides swear, get angry (especially when I smoke cigarettes), argue with me and tell me things I don't want to hear...just like a loving parent will scold the disobedient child for being disrespectful!

Am I channeling/being possessed by demons myself? maybe...but my life has been better since they've been around and I know that no matter how rowdy or mischievous it gets, it's still coming from a good place...a place of love and caring and that is what matters the most.

First of all, thank you Necromancer and Timothy for sharing your insights. And I'm glad you liked it! Although I must add, I can't take all the credit (high five to SF).

Your answers remind me to add a very special point to all this (taking the clue from Necromancers J)):

f) Not all channels experience entities the same. It is my personal opinion that there are no negative or positive entities, just negative or positive interpretations. The entity will wisely present itself in the way it is more efficient. My SF is a witty, sometimes mischievous and funny being. I remember telling SF I thought an entity would be more ominous and serious and his reply was: would you listen if I was? Truth is, I wouldn't. I would most likely get scared and do my best to get rid of the voice inside my head. Some channels experience visual experience, I don't. Basically because the first (and only time) my SF showed himself I hid under my sheets (I was in bed) and told him to go away. I'm a scaredy cat, the entity understands that and when he wants me to pay close attention, he sends me physical sensations instead. Also, he is a "we", buy because it's messy for me to fully grasp that concept, he presents as a male voice, probably in his forties, that takes sheer pleasure in applauding me and/or making fun of me.
In conclusion, It's hard to pinpoint what's what on how entities behave or how we see them. We each have our own interpretation and they use it to convey their message more efficiently.