Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-09-2019, 04:02 PM
ketzer

Evil?

I am struck by the diversity of how people see or envision evil.
Many seem to see it as an embodied form, such as the devil or demons.
Some seem to see it as actions and thoughts that are done by conscious beings who may or may not be aware that what they are doing/thinking is "evil".
Others may reject the notion entirely and say no things or actions are good or evil, it is only the conscious observer who assigns the word "evil" to them.

I am curious as to what your views on "evil" are and why you hold them.
Old 13-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Master
I Just don't like the word. I say negative. Evil to me is a religious word.

I think there are negative actions and behaviours of the ego.
Old 13-09-2019, 07:26 PM
MAYA EL

Evil is whatever you are trained to think it is by the majority belief in society at the time. If you want to add an esoteric religious Flair to it then although man did create evil and the devil man is the devil as well because the devil is depicted as having that triangle pointed tail in a lot of old historical paintings and depictions and he's also known as a dragon well the tail is because your sacrum makes a triangle point your spine makes a snake and it also makes a dragging when you look at the rib cage as wings and it's connected to the lower portion of your brain which is called The Reptilian Brain where all your desires come from and those desires mainly being things like food /anger/ sexual appetite /basically all the things that relations says are of the devil
Old 13-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I am struck by the diversity of how people see or envision evil.
Many seem to see it as an embodied form, such as the devil or demons.
Some seem to see it as actions and thoughts that are done by conscious beings who may or may not be aware that what they are doing/thinking is "evil".
Others may reject the notion entirely and say no things or actions are good or evil, it is only the conscious observer who assigns the word "evil" to them.

I am curious as to what your views on "evil" are and why you hold them.
I prefer to 'skate around' that word. I don't acknowledge it and I do not give power to claiming something as being evil.

Evil is analogous to that of demons as far as I am concerned: If you believe in them,; they exist. Conversely if you don't believe in them, they don't bother you. Evil might be a thought form we energize and in some cases actually created. That just my opinion....

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Guide

I think of "evil" as malicious intent to harm others.

If you harm someone out of stupidity, you're just stupid.

If you know you'll hurt someone and do not care, or actually relish the thought... that's EVIL.

So if there are entities in the Universe who get a thrill out of harming humans or other living things... then yes, those are evil, whatever else you may call them.
Old 14-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Master
Talking

Evil

1. Profoundly immoral and wicked.
1.1. (of a force of spirit) embodying or associated with the forces of the devil.
1.2. Harmful or tending to harm.
1.3. (of a smell or sight) extremely unpleasant.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/evil

Evil exists!
Old 14-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Interesting, I see evil more like an illness A sign something is wrong and needs correcting lol.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
Interesting, I see evil more like an illness A sign something is wrong and needs correcting lol.

I see your point...... but...... what is 'wrong' is something I have a hard time with. I look at it as 'just being'. And then you look, some people will agree that 'wrong' is evil and other people might look at the 'wrong' as good and some people might not even have an opinion.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Pathfinder
Evil/Live

As above so below blah blah blah
Old 16-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Master
Evil is relative. What one calls evil another migth say innocent, safe, benign, etc.