Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-08-2020, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It's been said that every religion was right at that time for that people, and current Spirituality is a reflection of the people that create/practice it. While many would like to think Spirituality exists as a safe haven in splendid isolation that's not the case, it's driven by current culture - not all of it Spiritual - and what's in people's heads. Spirituality is as much a sign of the times as Covid19 and how people are reacting to it.

Perhaps the question is what are the reasons people draw a line between Spirituality and 'real' Life?

Tis a good question, thankyou! Though i recall you from way back when, and you always did ask good questions!! but if i was to hazard a guess, its in toxic positivity, spiriual quests are saturated in them lol

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 09-08-2020, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
This made me smile.
always glad to raise a smile along the way! x

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 09-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
When did you start ''being spiritual'' and asked this question?

Same here. Being human is a given, allowing yourself to be so isn't always accepted in some traditions. The same traditions that monopolize and police the *spirituality* label in the modern world. Where do all of our spiritual beliefs come from? Asking this was useful for me.

I didnt really start it, from a kid i had experiences which were pretty out there, i went to learn about them before i got certified crazy and did learn alot, gave alot, ran global groups in development, did platform reading, studied philosophy to a point, as in only in my own time not educated, yeh man i went all out, and it felt great dont get me wrong, as i say im not disregarding here, its not like it manipulated me, or i wasnt consenting, damn yeh i was! But this sudden change is huge for me, and it is founded on the reality of the last 30 odd years doing all that stuff, honestly i miss it!! which is crazy right!! but its not like this is a choice id rather stay in this place its easier, i can research it, i can speak to the majority about it, this stuff tho, its kinda lonely, but neccessary it seems as i aint shaking it! no matter how hard i vibrate lol

~Shane Koyczan~
Old 09-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Master
Hey loopylucid!

I get you. I too had 'spiritual experiences' out of nowhere, spontaneously. What happens next is that we may fall trap into spiritual paths and cultures, we start to let others interpret our experience(s). It can always be good to take a break, or shed things off. It doesn't change what you have experienced and it certainly doesn't make you any less 'spiritual' for it. One has to look beyond all the arguments and logic made by New Age groups, religious groups, guru traditions to see you can have spiritual experience whether you follow their prescribed dogma or not. Focussing on your humanness doesn't make you less spiritual either IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
There's a Scottish salute that is often said with a dram held high -

"Here's tae us
Wha's like us?
Damn few and they're aw deid."
Robert Buens

I must say.. I had to read it again, my Scottish is not good, lol. Cheers Greenslade!
Old 09-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Master
Yeh thanks man, made me think there, its not i want to change anything or disregard anything, i guess im reaching out for a way to not have to, great point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hey loopylucid!

I get you. I too had 'spiritual experiences' out of nowhere, spontaneously. What happens next is that we may fall trap into spiritual paths and cultures, we start to let others interpret our experience(s). It can always be good to take a break, or shed things off. It doesn't change what you have experienced and it certainly doesn't make you any less 'spiritual' for it. One has to look beyond all the arguments and logic made by New Age groups, religious groups, guru traditions to see you can have spiritual experience whether you follow their prescribed dogma or not. Focussing on your humanness doesn't make you less spiritual either IMO.

I must say.. I had to read it again! Cheers Greenslade!

~Shane Koyczan~
Old 09-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Master
That probably only made sense to me haha!

~Shane Koyczan~
Old 10-08-2020, 09:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
Tis a good question, thankyou! Though i recall you from way back when, and you always did ask good questions!! but if i was to hazard a guess, its in toxic positivity, spiriual quests are saturated in them lol
Thank you, if I'm going to go down in history, being remembered for asking good questions is on the list. I don't use the words 'toxic' or 'positive', often they're as much agenda as anything else, if anything what they do is reinforce the fact that as much as people do so like the narratives of Spirituality being a world apart from 'real life', it IS 'real life'. The Spiritual Quest is very human.