Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Master

Yin and Yang in Creation Story ?

Gen. 1:27...."So God created man(mankind) in his own image, in the image of God he created him(singular); male and female he created them."

Now God is a Spirit without physical body. This tells me that His image would have to necessarily reflect and contain both masculine and feminine aspects. This was the original creation.

In the second creation story of Genesis 2 God created man out of the dust...vs. 7. Dust, being physical and not spiritual, does not conform with the image of God. With this newly created man God performed an operation to create woman....vs. 21-22. For me this represents the separation of Yin and Yang. The feminine aspect of man was removed to create woman.

Of interest to me is that in the newer translations of the Bible the name Adam does not appear until Gen. 3:17...….any place that it appears prior to this it is with a footnote of referring to 'man'. This seems significant because it comes after the eating of the forbidden fruit. That was the separation of God from man and man was no longer a part of God. It was essentially the birth of the ego and our recognition of being separate from God. Therefore specific names could be given to differentiate individuals.

I know that might all see crazy to some but I view it as a plausible scenario.
Old 22-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Gen. 1:27...."So God created man(mankind) in his own image, in the image of God he created him(singular); male and female he created them."

Now God is a Spirit without physical body. This tells me that His image would have to necessarily reflect and contain both masculine and feminine aspects. This was the original creation.

In the second creation story of Genesis 2 God created man out of the dust...vs. 7. Dust, being physical and not spiritual, does not conform with the image of God. With this newly created man God performed an operation to create woman....vs. 21-22. For me this represents the separation of Yin and Yang. The feminine aspect of man was removed to create woman.

Of interest to me is that in the newer translations of the Bible the name Adam does not appear until Gen. 3:17...….any place that it appears prior to this it is with a footnote of referring to 'man'. This seems significant because it comes after the eating of the forbidden fruit. That was the separation of God from man and man was no longer a part of God. It was essentially the birth of the ego and our recognition of being separate from God. Therefore specific names could be given to differentiate individuals.

I know that might all see crazy to some but I view it as a plausible scenario.

Yin/Yang cannot be separated because they are interdependent and cannot exist without each other Mo.
They have individual qualities but are inseparable...
Old 22-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yin/Yang cannot be separated because they are interdependent and cannot exist without each other Mo.

Sky123,

That might have been a poor choice of words on my part. I guess I was attempting to suggest that if God has a gender that perhaps it is indeterminate. I notice that Many are fond of referring to God as ‘she’. Maybe it is both/and or neither. If we(both men and women) are made in the image of God is a truth, that is.
Old 22-07-2020, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,

That might have been a poor choice of words on my part. I guess I was attempting to suggest that if God has a gender that perhaps it is indeterminate. I notice that Many are fond of referring to God as ‘she’. Maybe it is both/and or neither. If we(both men and women) are made in the image of God is a truth, that is.

Does ' Individuality in oneness ' which is Yin/Yang fit into your idea ?
Old 22-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Does ' Individuality in oneness ' which is Yin/Yang fit into your idea ?

Yes...:) it does
Old 22-07-2020, 09:12 PM
Master

Maybe it isn't about "image" but about "imagination". He created the physical universe in his imagination, daydreaming. Same as we create our dreams, and daydreams.

You dream both males and females, all colors, animals too, plants, ... So it isn't about looks, but about essence, awareness.

The bible is a symbolical story, behind the obvious.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:29 AM
ketzer

Quote:

That is just what a loopy doopy love crazy Yin would say!
I suppose next you will say that Yang is your twin flame.