Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Seeker

Can you die together with your loved one?

My mum wishes to die at the same time with my dad. She says that "the best option" would be a car crash, as she can't imagine any other reason to die together.
Well, how could you die with another person at the same time? Do you think it's possible at all?

Oh, forgot to say. When my dad was a policeman in the past, he once was on a call to break in to some flat where somebody died. When they entered the flat, they saw an elderly couple (dead), who was laying in bed, nicely dressed, hand in hand...
Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Master

I'm sure it happens from time to time. I remember an older couple years ago who died within a couple of days of each other.

Thing is we just don't know for sure when it's our time to die.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:28 AM
primrose

Maybe that old couple overdosed themselves, other than a suicide pact, I don't think it would happen naturally, though it is'nt impossible. I believe we all have a Time to die.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Deactivated Account

Dp you know the Deathcab for Cutie song, "I'll follow you into the dark"? It's a very sweet song.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Master
Obviously its possible as it has happened many times. All sorts of vehicle accidents have claimed more than one life in approximately the same time and place. However, most often only some of the passengers die in the accident. Also unless the bodies are majorly mangled, modern life support can keep them 'alive' for some time (thus defeating any attempt at intentional synchronized passing). Guaranteed suicide is not actually all that easy.

Like so many romantic ideas, not very practical.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 AM
primrose

I was talking about planned deaths not accidents. I also don't advocate suicide if that was'nt clear.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Guide
I believe it is possible. Maybe not at the exact same time but I do know someone who in my opinion died shortly after her son, from what I think was a broken heart. I believe the will to live has a lot to do with how much our physical bodies fight the disease that is this body we live in. If we lose our will to live I think the body follows shortly after. These are just my opinions.

Peace and Light be yours,
SC
Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
RainbowAngel

I agree with spirit above i know a manwho died of a heart attack and within a few days his wife had a heart attack too. She was saved and lived a few years later. But if she had not been saved maybe she would of passed shortly after him. Sometimes the pain of loosing a loved one is too much ♡
Old 07-11-2013, 02:42 PM
livingkarma

Yes, I've read confirmed cases of this: accidents, dual suicide, natural death followed by a suicide ...
Death is death regardless of how it comes about ...
Somehow dying together seems like an appealing as well as romantic way to die ...
What they probably don't know &/or care about is ...
The two separate upon death ...
They do not ascend together ...
Nor do they go to the same soul group ...
It would be nice if "love" was according to how we want it to be ...
Old 07-11-2013, 03:09 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
I believe the will to live has a lot to do with how much our physical bodies fight the disease that is this body we live in. If we lose our will to live I think the body follows shortly after.

You're right, its according to one's beliefs ...
Millions have survived grief - the will to live goes w/the deceased ...
A void so hollow there are no adequate words to properly describe the depth & darkness of the abyss ...
It is the price we pay for love ...

Think of all the people living in a battlefield, starving to death or eaten alive by disease, held hostage while being tortured, watch their loved ones murdered, etc ...
I've been told & read many accounts they live w/a desire to die & pray for it to end their suffering yet they continued to survive ...
Death is pre-determined ...
JMHO ...