Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 11-10-2019, 07:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Color Panax Ginseng + Coffee in the morning?

I need some nutrition and /or medical advice. I just bought a multivitamin (Centrum Performance) and it also has about 50 mg of Panax ginseng in one tablet.

I also drink about 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning and wonder if this combo will be very bad? and will it keep me up at night? Keep in mind I start my day pretty early, normally rising at 5 am sometimes 4 am to read my bible first.

And then it's off to the Office where it sometimes can get stressful, I usually do my roadwork at lunchtime, that's when I get my workout in.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Suspended

This is a great question

This is a great question
Old 20-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Suspended

This is a great question

This is a great question
Old 27-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Newbie ;)

fers to eleven different varieties of a short, slow-growing plant with fleshy roots. Ginseng is believed to restore and enhance wellbeing. It is one of the most popular herbal remedies.
The herbs consist of a light-colored, forked-shaped root, a relatively long stalk, and green leaves with an oval shape.
Both American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius, L.) and Asian ginseng (P. Ginseng) are believed to boost energy, lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, reduce stress, promote relaxation, treat diabetes, and manage sexual dysfunction in men.
Benefits
aditionally been taken to aid a range of medical conditions.
More research is needed to confirm its benefit as a supplement. However, it is claimed that ginsenosides, chemical components found in ginseng, are responsible for the clinical effect of the herb.
Western scientists and health professionals often question the medicinal properties of ginseng. There is no conclusive evidenceTrusted Source that determines its true effectiveness.
Ginseng products can vary in their quality and medicinal properties. Checking the ingredients of ginseng products before purchase is strongly recommended. Some products have been found to contain a small or negligible amount of ginseng, and some contain other substances.
Researchers suggest that the following health benefits are linked to ginseng:
Increased energy
Ginseng may help stimulate physical and mental activity in people who feel weak and tired. One studyTrusted Source revealed that ginseng showed good results in helping cancer patients with fatigue.
However, the energy-boosting effects of ginseng were only seen in people currently undergoing treatment. Ginseng did not show statistically significant improvementsTrusted Source in people who had already finished cancer treatment.
Sharper cognitive function
may improve thinking processes and cognition. Research published in The Cochrane Library examined the accuracy of this claim.
The study says that ginseng seems to demonstrate benefits for cognition, behavior, and quality of life. However, the authors of the review cautioned that despite some positive findings, studies included in the systematic review did not make a convincing case for the effectiveness of ginseng as a cognitive booster.
Richard Brown, M.D., an associate professor of clinical psychiatry at Columbia University, said about the study
blished in Journal of Dairy Science, explored whether it would be possible to incorporate American ginseng into foods. The researchers developed ginseng-fortified milk with sufficient levels of ginseng to improve cognitive function.
However, it is not possible at this stage to know whether the inclusion of ginseng in a food product would have the desired cognitive effect.
Anti-inflammatory effects
Ginsenosides may have anti-inflammatory effects, according to experimental results in Journal of Translational Medicine.
Ginseng is often used to reduce inflammation. The researchers suggest that ginsenosides may be responsible for targeting pathways in the immune system that could reduce inflammation.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction
Men may take ginseng to treat erectile dysfunction.
A 2002 Korean study revealed that 60 percent of men who took ginseng noticed an improvement in their symptoms. ResearchTrusted Source published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology also claimed to provide "evidence for the effectiveness of red ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction."
However, a more recent systematic reviewTrusted Source has been carried out.
In assessing the effectiveness of red ginseng for treating erectile dysfunction, the review demonstrated that the number of trials, total sample size, and the quality of the experimental methods were not satisfactory for demonstrating ongoing clinical benefit.
More research is needed to confirm ginseng as a reliable treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Flu prevention
Research on the effects of ginseng on mice suggests a possible linkTrusted Source between ginseng and the treatment and prevention of influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
Findings suggestedTrusted Source that red ginseng extract could improve the survival of human lung epithelial cells infected with the influenza virus. However, many studies of the preventive actions of ginseng against viruses were later discredited as unreliable.
Lowering blood sugar
Several studiesTrusted Source suggest that ginseng may help lower blood sugar and help treat diabetes. Ginsenosides may affect insulin production in the pancreas and improve insulin resistance using other mechanisms.
More clinical studies and standardization of ginseng root are needed to consider ginseng as a possible complementary therapy for diabetes. This is so that researchers can investigate what specific doses are effective.
Old 27-10-2019, 10:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Ginseng
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, panax ginseng is an Asian plant that has been scientifically linked to improved thinking and learning ability. Naturopaths and alternative doctors typically recommend ginseng root in a liquid extract, tincture or tea form. Panax ginseng has been linked with improved performance in concentration, memory and other mental functions, as well as conditions as diverse as immune deficiencies, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and Type-2 diabetes.

Caffeine
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant found in a variety of products, such as candy, chocolate, soft drinks, coffee and tea. Caffeine delays fatigue by blocking certain neurotransmitters in the brain called adenosine suggests a study published in "Nutrition Reviews" in 2002. As a result, feelings of tiredness are quickly replaced by sensations of alertness and mental energy as neurons begin firing at a quicker rate. Unlike ginseng, caffeine creates a fight or flight response from the pituitary gland, which in turn leads to a number of stress hormones being released from the adrenal glands.

Comparison and Contradiction
While caffeine is considered an addictive substance and can cause dependency in quantities as small as 100 milligrams a day, panax ginseng can be regularly consumed without negative effects in most people. The University of Maryland Medical Center recommends a maximum of 1.5 teaspoon of panax ginseng fluid extract or 2 gram of dried root a day. Comparatively, individuals who consume 500 milligrams of caffeine or more a day are susceptible to a number of negative health effects: nausea, diarrhea, nervousness, increased heart rate, irritability and dizziness. Individuals who consume panax ginseng and caffeine together have an increased risk of symptoms such as nervousness, insomnia, high blood pressure and nosebleeds.

Health Concerns
Both ginseng and caffeine are stimulant products that may have negative effects on individuals with certain sensitivities. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned about your body's ability to withstand regular doses of caffeine or ginseng and avoid combining them.

Ginseng may interfere with the action of certain medications such as blood pressure medications, blood thinners, diabetes medications and some anti-depressants, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Caffeine may interact with muscle relaxing medications, causing an unsafe drop in blood pressure, according to Drugs.com.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Vitamin A to help anxiety

I have been taking Vitamin A for a while and it really helps me balance my mood swings.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:16 AM
Newbie ;)

A honest review

Yes i guess
Old 29-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Master

As we have been told many times vitamin supplements are just a waste of money. There are general rules for eating and drinking which cover all aspects of the body's needs.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.