Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 12-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Seeker

Vegetarian

What are benefits of a vegetarian in terms of spiritual progress?
Old 12-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Master

This is the result of a search through the Seth books:
https://findingseth.com/q/vegetarian+OR+vegan+diet/
"[... 27 paragraphs ...]
I will give you the suggestions, and then I will give you the reasons behind them. I will have some little more to say concerning diet. You do well as it is, avoiding thick sauces and gravies. There is no fear here of short-circuiting necessary vitamin needs. I am mainly suggesting a change in the way food is prepared, and whenever possible a reliance upon fresh vegetables and fruits. Frozen are preferable to canned.
[... 3 paragraphs ...]
(Seth’s comments on our meals rather surprised us, since we are quite careful about our diet as it is. We do eat fried foods, of course, but decided we could cut down on these.
[... 4 paragraphs ...]
Theoretically, it would be better indeed if you were vegetarians. However at this time I do not suggest it. There is no doubt, for various reasons, however, that many benefits are connected with this particular dietary habit. I repeat: I do not suggest it for you, for various reasons. Moderation will do us as well.
[... 7 paragraphs ...]
You may take your break. I will then have a few words to say concerning the connection between diet, personality, and health. All of which incidentally is reflected in the dream state, and in the nature of dreams themselves.
[... 8 paragraphs ...]
A little more here concerning diet. You are indeed to a large extent what you eat. You are bound up in the cycle of earth relationships. The eating of meat without doubt focuses the physical mechanism closely to the physical system. There is nothing wrong with this. If you are trying to develop inner abilities however, and if you wish to allow yourself a mobility of focus, then moderation in this respect must be used. Eggs and milk and cheeses can be substituted occasionally without changing your overall eating habits.
[... 26 paragraphs ...]"

—The Early Sessions, Book 4, Session 185, September 6, 1965
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-09-2020, 04:36 PM
Knower

Bella didn't eat panini everyday and her friend giving her the chance to choose to dine at GREENVILLE. Her faith turned her into a bench painter and plant admirer.
Bench admirer, plant eater and heart decoration from whire shoppers.
Old 21-09-2020, 08:51 AM
hazada guess

I agree with what inavalan found by The Seth books. I was once a vegan and I found it easy to connect to my spiritual side.Then i went vegetarian to eventually eating meat on occasion.
I find that when i eat meat,it does make you more grounded and less able to connect to your spiritual side.I am now mainly a vegetarian as I feel it is much more healthy for me though I do have a blow out and eat meat occasionally.
Old 22-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I agree with what inavalan found by The Seth books. I was once a vegan and I found it easy to connect to my spiritual side.Then i went vegetarian to eventually eating meat on occasion.
I find that when i eat meat,it does make you more grounded and less able to connect to your spiritual side.I am now mainly a vegetarian as I feel it is much more healthy for me though I do have a blow out and eat meat occasionally.

Im kinda like that too....my diet the older I get looks more and more Mediterranean ....fish for protean and lots of fruit and vegetables....

And we're very honest about where our food comes from. We live on the Gulf of Mexico and fish all the time....the small amount of red meat we consume...we hunt and get it ourselves....mostly venison.

Flexi-Girl....I say this with all respect and also will say that you're one of the ones on this forum that I honestly like.....but if you're going to be espousing a dietary choice that the vast majority of the people on this planet cannot handle from a metabolic standpoint...you've got to expect a bit of pushback!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 22-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Master
I think much of it depends on how you feel about it, as spirituality is very subjective. People on all kinds of diets can have ''spiritual experiences''. You get your vegetarian Krishna priest and you get your meat-eating shaman. If you think you're doing the right thing on a vegan or vegetarian diet then this will reduce stress.

Your level of knowledge is key as well. He that increased knowledge increases sorrow. Every form of farming deliberately kills animals. Either the farm animals if you eat meat, or the insects are sprayed in a crop field. Then there's rodents, boar and geese shot or poisoned because they eat crops meant for us. There's always animals that are killed intentionally by the farmers. This could be limited in some places and with some farming practices but then you're not looking at a modern world any more.

If you're looking at this question from a spiritual practice point of view then it can be said that some foods and drinks could be disturbing if you're going to sit cross legged and seek to silence the mind. Eating a bowl of ice cream or potatoes or steak can all make you feel stuffed and some foods will make your skin itchy, just like sugar and drinks like coffee can overstimulate the mind if you're sensitive to them.

Experiment away and see what works for you. :-)
Old 17-03-2021, 07:52 AM
Seeker

It is good to be vegetarian, life goes smoothly.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:00 PM
Just Tim

Definitely relate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Old 04-06-2021, 04:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneshrai
What are benefits of a vegetarian in terms of spiritual progress?
You can avoid bad karma. By going vegan, you avoid even more bad karma.