Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Sungirl

Counting your lucky stars...

At the moment I am having real difficulty seeing the positives in my life. I am sure it is purely my perception as I know there are many many positives...

How do you go about reminding yourself of all the good things in your life when you can't see past one or two bad things?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Lostgirl

I comletely understand how you feel. Sometimes i find it really hard to see past all the stressful things in my life to see all the wonderul things.

All i do is listen to a couple of good tunes, or take a long walk on a nice sunny day, and that usually does it. My boyfriend might just walk through the door and smile at me in the way he does and i see it all then.....or my rats might do something super cute and affectionate and that does it. What im trying to say is usually something will just happen that makes me realise life isnt all that bad :)

Otherwise, i cry a whole load and im usually fine after that, hope that helps even a little bit :)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Keeping a gratitude diary and writing every single thing you feel grateful for in your life works wonders. Having a roof over your head, food on your table and clean water are good starting points. There are people in this world who have far less and feel grateful to simply be here. A diary has changed my perspective and it makes me feel so much better just to read it.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Sungirl

Thank you both of you.... I have gone back to playing music in the car. Was listening to audiobooks...has made a huge difference

I also am planning on using my blog here to write a list of things to be thankful for... there is so much. I know I take it for granted :(
Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Master
Yes, there are many starting points from which to feel more gratitude and appreciation for what we have, what is ours.

I just woke from a dream and got to realizing that what that dream inspired after I'd thought about it a bit, was that for better or worse, MY Path is MY Path. For the first time, I've had a sense / realization and actually at that moment, can now CLAIM My Path and embrace it for all its good and bad elements and have a clear, strong sense of Ownership of it.

L&L
Old 07-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Deactivated Account
This reminds me of something I read the other day about children being pulled out of the rubble after the Haiti earthquake. Many children, who had been trapped for days, were full of joy and gratitude when they were pulled out. They were happy just to be alive. This made me feel very humble. I try not to have expectations of life because everything is a gift, although I'm as guilty as the next person of taking stuff for granted. The diary has helped me a lot though.

I've had a difficult two days sorting out my finances after my account was hacked. I've been very stressed and upset, especially with my bank who didn't actually tell me that money had been stolen and my card had been cancelled until after many phonecalls. However, after the emotion of it all I can take stock and see that a) the bank did their job by shutting down my accounts when suspicious activity was observed, and for that I am very grateful, and b) this is reminded me to be grateful for the money I have and the wonders of internet security. It's all a matter of perspective.