Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2007, 02:42 PM
cweiters

LIFE, what is it?

A twelve year old ask what is life? Would you please break it down for me?
If possible would you break it down so a twelve year old can understand?
Why I am in this world and what am I suppose to be doing?

I thought for a minute or two, then I replied RESPONSES, life is simply a series of responses that only you can create. Only you, can create how you will respond in your life, all that you are and all you will become is a collection of wonderful RESPONSES.

Human beings are the only creatures on earth with free will. This is what I was thinking about when I responded to his question.

Now this was my simple reply.
What is yours?

Love to all
cw
Old 29-04-2007, 12:15 AM
packwidget

I believe life is like what Shakespeare said...it's about being on a stage of our own design. We are the writers, actors and players in our own dramas. And yes it's about our responses. Over the years I've noticed my responses have changed in form and substance. I think this is a good thing.

I'm not sure that humans are the only ones with free will. I'm beginning to believe there are other animals who have it too, to some extent. As I watch my cat, I see the choices she makes. I believe she has freewill.
Old 29-04-2007, 04:29 AM
tiltjlp

Yo cweiters,

This should become an excellent discussion, which I'll come back to with a more complete reply once I give it more thought. The short answer might be that is whatever you percieve it to be, even the bowl of cherries of a once popular song.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 29-04-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 29-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Pounamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiters
A twelve year old ask what is life? Would you please break it down for me?
If possible would you break it down so a twelve year old can understand?
Why I am in this world and what am I suppose to be doing?
cw
I think that the bolded part of the question is the easiest part to explain in simple terms, cw... and I would do it something like this:

"One is supposed to be living from moment to moment, and facing every experience and every interaction with other living beings, with love in one's heart".

Living from moment to moment will mean that the past (experiences) will not colour nor limit our response to the present - the past doesn't act as a "filter"; and living from the heart means that we both appreciate what others are feeling, and are open to receive from within ourselves the most loving and appropriate response.

It is difficult to avoid coming to some "assessment" of life-situations as they happen; but if we can at least try to assess them with the idea of "what is the best for all concerned" rather than as "good" or "bad", it may help us to live "from the heart". I realise that sometimes things happen too quickly for one to sit and think about it; in which case one's habits of thought and approach will probably largely determine the response - unless we are truly in communion with our heart-centre most of the time.

I believe we are here to re-present God and His/Her Loving nature on the physical plane of life, and to gather the experience of what it is like to be that. What do you reckon?

With love,
Pounamu

Last edited by Pounamu : 29-04-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 29-04-2007, 04:35 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

"In the beginning there was 'God"... nothing else, just "God".. no one to interact with, no mirrors, no feed-back.. a bit lonely and no way to know itself.. in a great act of Love and sacrifice, "God" shattered itself into a Universe of energies and experiences, all with the inherent memory of its "Godness".. we call that memory "spirituality".. The first "commandment" was likely, "Go, experience each other, tell me what I AM".. Life is the experiences AND the experiences are the purpose.. We are "God" expressing itself, so that it might know itself...

Be well...
Old 30-04-2007, 03:08 PM
cweiters

Thank you all for your time and answers, its not easy for an Adult to define life in simple terms. We have many definitions based on our personal experience, concepts, beliefs, behaviors all about the changing responses of life. A child is new and inexperienced, we are experienced and have developed certain concepts and rituals that work for us.

This child also help me to realize how much we grown folk complicate life, with our long drawn out explanations. Which is exactly what he said; Please don't give me a long drawn out speech.

I said Wow! How do I explain life with out making a speech, or talking about the many aspects of life. Funny, Packwidget I thought of Shakespeare and Love as TzuJanLi mentioned but I said to myself , what one word could I use that he would understand? One that was simple and not open the door to more questions. As much as I believe love is sugar of life, I knew it would only lead to the question what is love? 0

I love this answer Paunamu, which is one I'll incorporate for myself:
Each moment of life I re-present God, especially knowing I am made in the image of God.

Love to all
cw
Closed Thread