Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
@bobjob
Native spirit wrote that you never said you're a medium.I asked you a simple question,yet you didn't answered clearly.
Are you a medium or not?

And let's put aside the 'magic' thing,cause you're insulting the art itself,and several practitioners that learn through hard lessons.

just for the record
Old 23-05-2021, 11:26 PM
Administrator
Hello

I am taking this thread back into line. There are some valid points on both sides of that ever pointed fence we sit upon at times when we fall into categories that try to define what "we can all do" but that not all open up to being in this one lifetime we are in.

Yes there are real Mediums Psychics Healers Visionaries ext and there too are those that use it to profit from it in maybe no pure ways. Right or wrong we do not walk in the shoes of another so we do not first know if they are "real" and prove reality as it is something that is not scientific in any fact base, nor is it spiritual in any fact base.

To me its the same as the notions of God and the Devil based on facts or based on stories pasted down. Its the same with Mediums Psychics ext there is that opportunity to be a false "god" and to take the role of the "devil" in the damages that can be done at times. Too there is that opportunity to be pure in intentions and take on that role of being a Guide in someone's life.

PureDivotionGirl (Original Thread)

Are All Psychics and Mediums Frauds?
I was reading through an interesting Reddit post just now; take a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...i_was_a_fraud/

It's an "Ask Me Anything" from a person who worked as a psychic and admitted to being a total fraud. Are all psychics like this? Is it not possible then for people to be visited by spirits of the dead?

I'm looking for all perspectives on this; I want to know what everyone thinks and what experiences they've had. Personally, I've wanted to know for a while how mediums and psychics who channel are sure the spirits they're working with aren't evil, because I was deceived just last year by a terrible spirit pretending to be good that is currently on a mission to destroy me. I've been fighting it for a year now and I'm just curious as to how people working with spirits all the time don't find themselves in situations like this.

lomax (comment addressed)

For me a person who can pick up etheric impressions from others, is not a medium.
Empaths sensitives and psychics can do it as well.
This is a psychic ability and not mediumship.

lomax those that pick up impressions from another person that is in the "living" is a psychic yet that does not meal that they too are not a Medium that works more in the realms of the "dead" or the energies that are said not to have a life form to them.

An Empath does not have to be a Psychic or a Medium they can stand alone in what and whom they are, as they read energy vibrations. They read emotions and feelings.

Then you can add in healers Reiki Masters , Shamans ext into this mix as they too can stand alone in the work they do with energy.

We all have the same abilities within us I so feel, but we do not all have to open to them or use them.

There are rare times where one will have had many past lives and in those combined experiences comes in with it all there. There is no way to turn it off or not use it (trust me I tried) we are born to serve and be of service we are a vessel to be worked and we do work. Now that is not to say that all like this come into doing purity in their work, and I feel that Karma and that Karmic Debts will be kept up with from a higher power.

I came into this life with it all within me. I am a Medium that works with the "dead" and I work with Paranormal forces or energies that have no life force energy. I too am a Psychic that works with the "living" and does readings using many tools of divination and my own inner intuition. I connect to Guides that one's have and to energies around them.

I too am a Reiki Master Healer and I use this energy with both the "living" and the "dead" to bring in energy that can at times transform things around someone or something.

There is another ability as well that is outside all of this its "Astral Travel or Projection" where one can leave the confines of the physical body, and explore and even at times visit someone else.

All of these abilities were within me when I entered this lifetime so I struggled to understand them as it was a taboo growing up to talk on them. So I had to learn it all in reverse to how someone would developed into these alibies.

I have been to many that make "claims" to being real for profits. Many can read enough to know they do not want me near them or some are not willing to read me.

I had the opportunity to go head to head with some that are "world famous" now as they were starting that climb up the ladder in life. I had that opportunity to take front stage and grow into that aspect. I choose not to follow that path not to take that stage for profits. To be whom I was for the purity of just being me.

Now I am not saying I am "real" or I am "fake" I am whom I am in this lifetime. I know that I do the best I can do with what abilities or gifts I was given. I know from the years doing it the peace and closure at times I bring to others in life and in death.

I know that just from the Year Ahead Readings I have done here and the feedback I have gotten there is something to me being me.

I pay forwards what I am to others but I too know that for those that I reach I make an impact. I too have learned that just because I can read most anyone or anything that does not mean I have that right to do so without permissions in place.

I would never go around tapping someone on the shoulder and going "your dead Grandmother" has a message for you. Time and place for all things in life and death.

Never call someone out as a "fake" unless you can back that claim up with something that science can prove in reality. Know that Karma has a role in our lives and higher hands take care of the fake.

I bless those that walk the purer path in life but I do not go to condemn those that do not as that is not my role in this life.

I will admit it is SO HARD though to sit in an audience and so want to say something that is "real" to someone. Yet I know well that stage is not mine.

So when you stop and think on things remember we all can break things down more and more into smaller bits and abilities.

Lynn
Old 29-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Deactivated Account
The original question asked if all psychics and mediums are frauds. Frauds are folk who commit fraud deliberately. One has to ask if all who purport to be psychics or mediums are deliberately fraudulent and the answer has to be that unless all are interrogated then nobody will ever know for sure.

The question is, of course, being deliberately provocative and some people will take the stance that the answer is 'yes' and they may be unwilling even to consider an alternative view. It's pretty pointless engaging with them, I suggest.

Those who might, though, ask the question openly, those genuinely seeking to understand, will find there's no single, simple answer. Some will definitely be frauds out to dupe punters. Others will be trying their best but failing. Yet others will be genuine and doing what they claim to be able to do. How do you sort them out? Answers on a postcard please!
Old 31-05-2021, 07:18 AM
Newbie ;)

There is a lot of fraud out there wither it be some scam phone calls or whatever, most mediums with to a very high standard and have their own set of ethics, you just know a fraud when you hear one, or by their behaviour
Old 31-05-2021, 09:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpie
There is a lot of fraud out there wither it be some scam phone calls or whatever, most mediums work to a very high standard and have their own set of ethics, you just know a fraud when you hear one, or by their behaviour

Sadly not everyone recognises a fraud be it a pretend-medium or a scummy, scam artist.
Old 31-05-2021, 12:07 PM
Administrator
I Have done both been private with a couple of friends, and demonstrations.
Never have i recieved a message from anyone.
i have been to see them and started giving them readings instead.

I went to see one with my sister in law,the first time i saw him i wasnt keen on him, he kept looking to the left of the room.
i said to my sister in law he has got stooges in the room.
she did not know what i meant so i told her he put people there who would agree with everything he said.

So to be sure i went again he looked at me as we went in he was by the door he was trying to talk to people asking who they wanted to hear from.
i looked away didnt speak to him.

when he started the show because that is what it was,he saw me couldnt keep eye contact with me.and again his stooges were in the room same place
i walked out calling him a fraud
of course his stooges came to his defence saying how good he was.

so i said you follow him around sit to the left of the room at every event.and agree with everything he says.

Namaste
Old 31-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Master
Nice comment.

I almost tripped up a trumpet player once because I stretched my feet out too far.......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-05-2021, 02:13 PM
Master
I went several times to a person who could have Spirit produce pictures for each person sitting in the room along with the names of their Guides, Masters, etc. I found it 'interesting' how it was done.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 31-05-2021, 08:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Some time ago an individual ran a website where he railed and ranted about all the fraudulent mediums he claimed he had outed. He was an eccentric, someone with extreme views about mediumship - he claimed all were frauds - but he undoubtedly did expose SOME fraud practitioners. Sadly he couldn't figure frauds from 'the real thing' though.

I know of some myself - cynical, manipulating, uncaring individuals. Frauds working and deceiving audiences as a way of making a living, shysters caught out-and-out in theatrical performances, one recorded recently on video falsifying phenomena that were supposed to arise from his mediumship. But that still doesn't mean all psychic readers and mediums are frauds.

Those who follow this stuff will be aware who such individuals are. Most punters probably won't, quite possibly most SF members won't. Cheats are reviled by those who care yet bizarrely the recent cheat performer was allowed and encouraged to continue his charade by being re-booked shortly after the incident when he was caught cheating.

Those who care were shocked, amazed and disgusted in equal measures that he was given further opportunities after he'd been caught and recorded on video. It seems that some punters will still go and pay to see performers known as cheats.

Some individuals will never accept that mediums are genuine and can contact the so-called dead. Their disbelief is so strong that it may be that nothing could ever change their outlook.

What do you do?
Old 31-05-2021, 08:46 PM
Master
When it comes to fraudulently Mediums, some people are in denial that such a thing could happen.

When a person has to 'perform' several times a day, it is because they are exceptionally good or it might be they have learned the 'ropes'.