Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-02-2020, 01:34 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,046
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Do you propose to discuss only how to make co-exist people of different faith, or how to make co-exist all people?

I believe that both are impossible on Earth. They are utopian visions. There are impossible things on Earth, as perpetuum mobile is impossible, for example, and no reasonable person tries to invent one.

Look at all levels of life ... Nobody co-exist excepting on a very small scale.

If we are here to learn / experience something, and if those who learned / experienced enough don't return, while new inexperienced souls replenish the pool, then life on Earth will follow similar scenarios, mistakes will be made, lessons will have to be learned / experienced.

Obviously, faith isn't a tool to solve problems on any scale.

I once used to go to a religious group that looked at such issues as you brought up, in a different perspective.

There were virtually no rules. If somebody wanted to give the talk, they got their first and presented their name as speaker. Same went for the meditation. The group truly worked in spirit and surprisingly, no incidents aroused with this arrangement.

There was no passing of the 'plate', no contribution boxes, and no method to support the religious group or pay bills such as rent. All expenses were paid for by the founder.

If somebody had something they wanted to say, they could say it.

What I learned from this religious group was that the greatest obstacle we have in being able to work together is fear itself.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Phaelyn Phaelyn is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1,010
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
the greatest obstacle we have

I'd say the greatest obstacle is people not questioning their own thoughts and patterns. Before we speak, before we write. Our brains repeat the same patterns in interacting with others year after year, decade after decade. Whenever we respond to another, one should do it without any judgement, with unconditional love. With something positive if anything at all. Instead of thinking in terms of right and wrong beliefs, think in terms of total acceptance and love of all. The current moment can be known and felt without beliefs being a part of it. It doesn't matter what people believe, what matters is what they do, what they are, deep down before beliefs come to the surface from the unconscious mind. Let people believe whatever they want. What does it matter? As long as they can love as we all can.

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-2020, 04:58 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11,889
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I'd say the greatest obstacle is people not questioning their own thoughts and patterns. Before we speak, before we write. Our brains repeat the same patterns in interacting with others year after year, decade after decade. Whenever we respond to another, one should do it without any judgement, with unconditional love. With something positive if anything at all. Instead of thinking in terms of right and wrong beliefs, think in terms of total acceptance and love of all. The current moment can be known and felt without beliefs being a part of it. It doesn't matter what people believe, what matters is what they do, what they are, deep down before beliefs come to the surface from the unconscious mind. Let people believe whatever they want. What does it matter? As long as they can love as we all can.

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.



" Our brains repeat the same patterns in interacting with others year after year, decade after decade."

Bodhidharma said something similar
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Molearner Molearner is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,343
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I'd say the greatest obstacle is people not questioning their own thoughts and patterns. Before we speak, before we write. Our brains repeat the same patterns in interacting with others year after year, decade after decade. Whenever we respond to another, one should do it without any judgement, with unconditional love. With something positive if anything at all. Instead of thinking in terms of right and wrong beliefs, think in terms of total acceptance and love of all. The current moment can be known and felt without beliefs being a part of it. It doesn't matter what people believe, what matters is what they do, what they are, deep down before beliefs come to the surface from the unconscious mind. Let people believe whatever they want. What does it matter? As long as they can love as we all can.

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Phaely

This as good as it gets. Thank you. This attachment to and ownership of our beliefs is so constrictive and is a great impediment to experiencing genuine love.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-02-2020, 06:36 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,536
 
This is an interesting article:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51369960
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-02-2020, 12:48 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,046
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I'd say the greatest obstacle is people not questioning their own thoughts and patterns. Before we speak, before we write. Our brains repeat the same patterns in interacting with others year after year, decade after decade. Whenever we respond to another, one should do it without any judgement, with unconditional love. With something positive if anything at all. Instead of thinking in terms of right and wrong beliefs, think in terms of total acceptance and love of all. The current moment can be known and felt without beliefs being a part of it. It doesn't matter what people believe, what matters is what they do, what they are, deep down before beliefs come to the surface from the unconscious mind. Let people believe whatever they want. What does it matter? As long as they can love as we all can.

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Up beat perception of reality.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-02-2020, 05:37 PM
ketzer
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Let's try to keep on track of what this thread is about.

The theme of the thread is:

"Lets discuss ways we can bring about peace without conversions and ways we can get along with each other."
LOL, it is beginning to seem like the best way to bring about peace and get along with each other is not to talk about faith and religion at all. You got a problem with that ....do ya?

...... Read any good books lately.... other then ones about politics or religion.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-02-2020, 05:49 PM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,429
  JosephineB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
LOL, it is beginning to seem like the best way to bring about peace and get along with each other is not to talk about faith and religion at all. You got a problem with that ....do ya?

...... Read any good books lately.... other then ones about politics or religion.

Sorry to be a pedant Ketzer, but the last word in your signature, is it supposed to have an S in? It keeps bugging me
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-02-2020, 09:57 PM
ketzer
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Sorry to be a pedant Ketzer, but the last word in your signature, is it supposed to have an S in? It keeps bugging me
Who's signature?

Look at that, it is as if it wa there all along.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-02-2020, 06:14 AM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,429
  JosephineB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Who's signature?

Look at that, it is as if it wa there all along.

....
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums