Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-10-2021, 11:30 AM
What are your favorite verses? And how come?

Inspired by another thread. Old Testament, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Old 25-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Inspired by another thread. Old Testament, too.

I have so, so many, but here's just a few. (John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). this verse helped me to understand that the one whom I claim to ...try and follow. taught me that there's only one TRUE GOD, and that he wasn't this God. and that there were TWO High Beings Jesus and his Father. not he and his Father were one in the same.

(1John 2:15-17) Jehovah's words taught me to NOT "love the world and what it offers." Jesus brother James said that "friendship with the world is enmity with God"). much of what is taught or done, isn't accepted by Jehovah God and Jesus. this world as we know it, will soon pass away. such as the time in the days of Noah, ONLY the Righteous eight survived, so shall it be again.

(Psa. 103:11,12) Jehovah could punish us individually, according to our sins, but he doesn't. when we regret our action, and go to him in prayer through Jesus. he forgives us. he's NOT like humans, who forgives, but can't seem to forget. once he forgives us , it's like to him, it Never happened.
Old 25-10-2021, 03:45 PM
Master
"You Will Know Them by Their Fruits" Matthew 7:15-20.
So simple yet very insightful...
Old 25-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Master
John 14:2
In my Fathers house there are many mansions...

These words came to me, word for word, after the death of my sister in law in a helicopter crash as a nurse. Though I had never tried to memorize them previous.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Master
The first scripture in the Bible.

I could write a book just on what that scripture says.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 25-10-2021, 05:07 PM
I also have so many...maybe I could start with some that I LIVE by, hold dear to my heart because I practiced them
and found them to be TRUE! I mean that is something.

One day Beth Moore, over a decade ago, on her Wed TV appearance looked closely into the camera, leaning fwd
and I was right there with her as she whispered:
Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

What? I had never heard that before and was a baby Christian.
I contemplated that verse ...each word for a couple of days.
Then, practiced it. She was correct.
Ps 37:4

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Old 25-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Master

Today’s favorite…..1 Corinthians 12:31……”And now I will show you the most excellent way”….Why ? It affirms precisely what I visualize the most basic and essential message of the Gospel……love…….
Old 25-10-2021, 06:36 PM
AbodhiSky

I don't really have one favorite but I have a fondness for this one as it seems to me those who were deciding what to include or not include in the bible missed a direct reference to a belief in reincarnation.

It's known some early "Christians" or those who followed Jesus's teachings believed in reincarnation but that belief was certainly stamped out by the Catholic Church. But those ancient non-Catholic followers of Jesus, the Elcesaites, the Gnostics, the prophet Mani, the founder of Manichaeism, one wonders if the writer of these few lines in a longer passage was somehow a member of one of these other "Christian" groups or influenced by them and their beliefs in reincarnation.

I see the "seed" in this writing as a metaphor for the spirit or soul.
Also notice the question is about what kind of body the dead will get
and the passage clearly says a human body is a possibility.

1 Corinthians 15 - Amplified Bible (AMP)

5 But someone will say, “How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body will they come?” 36 You fool! Every time you plant seed you sow something that does not come to life, germinating, springing up and growing, unless it first dies. 37 The seed you sow is not the body, the plant which it is going to become, but it is a bare seed, perhaps of wheat or some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body just as He planned, and to each kind of seed a body of its own is given. 39 All flesh is not the same. There is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are also heavenly bodies [sun, moon and stars] and earthly bodies [humans, animals, and plants], but the glory and beauty of the heavenly is one kind, and the glory of the earthly is another.

Each kind of seed, each kind of soul. How spiritual is the soul? How aligned with God? This will determine what body God gives it. Another earthly one, back to earth you go, or a "heavenly" body, you reincarnate no more.

Other places in Corinthians it points to resurrection and not reincarnation but two different authors were involved in writing these passages. Historians say 1 Corinthians 15 was written by two authors, Paul the Apostle and Sosthenes in Ephesus. Paul was definitely a defender of resurrection. Perhaps Sosthenes, a convert to the Christian faith and co-author of the First Epistle to the Corinthians, believed in reincarnation.
Old 25-10-2021, 06:45 PM
AbodhiSky

"37 The seed you sow is not the body, the plant which it is going to become, but it is a bare seed,"

Explaining that line from the bible a little more, the point is we don't develop the body during a life time, the body does not accept or reject the spirit or God, it's us, the spirit or soul or me! The seed. What we are "sowing" during a life time is qualities of the "seed," the soul or consciousness itself. That is what will determine the next body.
Old 25-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Master

i went looking for specific verses that would say what I mean, and I found these that are just as good out of isaiah 51:

7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.

the book has a lot of nice things to say, for those of us who aren't well liked...

Last edited by FallingLeaves : 25-10-2021 at 10:02 PM.