Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 24-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Deactivated Account
There's much confusion over what mediumship means.

It's understandable that sensitives/psychics consider themselves to be, refer to themselves as, 'mediums'. But I'm weary of the number of times I've needed to explain things to individuals who wonder whether they're mediums when they're simply experiencing or exhibiting psychic awareness/sensitivity.

They're probably not to blame that they misunderstand or simply don't know what's what. After all how are they to learn what mediumship is unless they've been taught by someone who does know?

(posting #17) "Mediumship isn't solely the province of Spiritualism or Spiritism (Kardec). Mediums may be adherents to any religion or none. Spirit communicators don't care what religion we may follow or whether we follow one at all."
Old 24-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
One can say anything about mediumship but just saying it doesn't make it true.

It's conjecture to say we're all born (quote) "with these abilities". Spirit communicators aren't necessarily more knowledgeable about these matters than we are. Although a particular course of action may have worked for one individual it doesn't automatically mean it will work for others.

Mediumship isn't solely the province of Spiritualism or Spiritism (Kardec). Mediums may be adherents to any religion or none. Spirit communicators don't care what religion we may follow or whether we follow one at all.
You sound like a gatekeeper. Everyone does have these capabilities, most won't express it fully, even fewer will realize the source. We are all connected to Spirit and Spirit Guides. You can say what I Know is opinion, and I could do the same about your "expertise".
Old 24-07-2021, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
EXCERPT After all how are they to learn what mediumship is unless they've been taught by someone who does know?
Who taught the first medium?

I would say, many have been 'taught' the same way.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-07-2021, 07:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloOlympos
You sound like a gatekeeper. Everyone does have these capabilities, most won't express it fully, even fewer will realize the source. We are all connected to Spirit and Spirit Guides. You can say what I Know is opinion, and I could do the same about your "expertise".

There's one significant difference - I claim no expertise.

Neither do I hold any opinions about matters of the spirit. Also I have never said we are NOT connected to the great spirit or to spirit guides. I would be distraught if I ever believed that to be the case.

No I just heed the guidance from others way more spiritually evolved than I am likely to be for a very long time. In return I try to pass on their guidance but using my words. blessings
Old 25-07-2021, 07:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Who taught the first medium?
Who knows but what importance does it now have?

Quote:
I would say, many have been 'taught' the same way.
The point being?????
Old 30-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Experiencer
Open from Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I haven't read everything as it is a lot, but what Bobjob said I agree with. Find another group. And I'd find one that is aimed at different things than meditation and becoming a medium.
Find something around intuitive development where you learn to work with and feel your energy system. Then you will learn to ground, shield, cleanse chakras, and so on and so forth.
That's how things opened up for me. You need a sense of your energy systems if you want to do more, but even if you don't want that, it will help you, your sense of well-being and even physical health.
From there you can take it further if you wish, healing, reading energies etc.

And people who are open from birth may also have to go through the same. I was open from birth. I could hear, see, sense, know, but I shut most of that down when I wasn't believed.
And even if it isn't shut down someone will have to learn to focus and develop their skills properly.

In essence everyone can, just that for some there are (still) more veils over it all and you need to do a little more work to clear that.
It is of course not a must to do so but a choice.
But it's not the case that some have the X-factor and other don't. We ALL have it.
i agree with what you say i was the same it was that bad when i was child my dad wanted me put in phycriatricc ward but my mom stopped him it carried on up until my earliy thirties its mostly tiggered these days but not very often although ive explored mediumship its different to what happens to me over the years ive spoke to several others who experience paranormal same as my selfs this is what draws people to dio mediumship plus the expiences are unique to each individual its like your ego is puushed to one side until the event draws to end if you let your take over it stop right away thats is the special experience i call it ultered perception
Old 18-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Knower
The spiritualist church nearest to me hasn't been able to run a development circle since before the pandemic. I practice qigong every day which puts me into a meditative state. From there I go into meditation and start by sending healing. I usually meditate for a short while and I can feel if a spirit has joined me. I rarelY see the person but I can feel the presence. I may see pinpoints of light which respond to questions. I have at least three guides.
Old 18-10-2021, 11:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Mediums come in all 'shapes, sizes and flavours'. What each does to achieve mediumistic contact with loved ones for their sitter isn't important to the sitter and probably few would understand anyway.

What's vitally important to be aware of is that mediumship is a service provided for a third party, often called a sitter because she/he sits with the medium. The service is usually evidential or healing mediumship.

Contact with a discarnate entity that is only for the practitioner's benefit isn't mediumship.
Old 18-10-2021, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity

EXCERPT

I usually meditate for a short while and I can feel if a spirit has joined me. I rarelY see the person but I can feel the presence.

I would recommend seeing if you can meditate for a longer period of time. This might reduce the amount of time a person spends in developing to be a medium.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-11-2021, 10:29 PM
Master
I of brain going to my local spiritualist church since 2018 I was about to do the development classes last year but thanks for covid-19 it would take away from me
What is a slowly hit my developer bit more further afield
But lately I am getting some really foul-mouthed spirits but I'm worried if I let them go I will get kicked at church I will
I know last weekend I bought a spirit through it was there years ago she was I don't know how I did it put on I was but I apologise for some other stuff she said all I said was it's not me it's what she said and I'm sorry for saying it
It's the ones it is fun mouth spirit it's filthy and Falmouth I am married of letting now off I am married I am married if I let them off I'll get the church I will
I like to work with spirits it is humorous but sometimes they are so naughty and fall moved I try not to laugh but hard not there
If you've Got Talent cards as well use them as a told to practice with because I told by one my friend it's a medium keep using them potential techniques
Go on esty they will help you by spiritual tools you might need to help you along little bit on your back because I have done done this bottles to help me ME20 me along the way
I wish I did not sure if I've years ago and more especially when I was younger because I could have gone further failed on this gift I've got
All I got when I was young it's my head I'm not normal I should be up to view I should be a lot of here it just I am Gifted that's all
All if there was a Hogwarts School like there was in Harry Potter I would have been there by now
Mediums us mediums or like the visits in Harry Potter visit wizards and Harry Potter movies
Gifted because we are born with this gift from an accessorize ancestors and family who got the gift
My mum had the gift my uncle I lost had the gift had a gift her mum had a gift a great grandma had a gift
Out of all of kids my mum I was ok I got the gift my dad was gifted to because it covered if things come through a cup of dict a could predict things that will come true
So you could say I'm more Mumbai like your night Harry Potter
Plus I have brought spiritual candles to help me on my way
These days I am less of a dumbass that used to be go back to 5 years ago and I know I didn't 25 years ago people vomit people treating me like a doormat
I would have been a strong hell of a medium I would have done put that church has turned my life around
I felt like I've been accepted at last and wanted and loved by PayPal understand me because they have brain fluid too
Another thing asked with guides you can sketch them and two of them and name them yourself I did this class online about 4 or 5 years ago but that site as gone now because it's closed down
I'm still in the house all the mediums I will not see their names are the mediums but they taught me I met wanted to of them at my local church I have synonyms because personal for them and me
I hope this was ok

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔