Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Master
In my view, it’s not any experience per say but rather indulgence leading to stagnation or addiction, which is a bondage.

At almost any moment, we have two impulses - one from the mind-body and the other, from our soul. We entertain and pamper both, negating nothing, yet in a mode of embrace-hold-release, with ease, like the breeze. Only then are we detached and free.

Although for the most part, I don’t engage in any meditation, preferring instead to slip into a meditational orientation rather than a practice, sometimes, as a fun activity, I choose to dip down from equipoise to lower vibrations and then reverse the process. I find this works like a ‘wake up call’, so to speak, shaking us out of stupor, remaining nonchalantly aware.

Here’s a poem I’ve recently written on this:

Playful descent and ascent

Mindful eye
Playful heart
First lowers vibration
Slow and easy
There’s no hurry
Feeling each sensation
Being the director
As also actor
Of this dream sequence

Who else but we
Could conjure such magic
Upon screen of consciousness
Becoming that
Which we are not
Yet dwelling in the pulse
Making for a moment real
Our heart’s desire
Until we exhale

Then the ascent
Back the way we came
Although we forget now
Where we were
So we continue
Until love manifests
As the infallible signpost
That we are back
In God’s domain

Love too has hues
Which we explore
First the bubbling joy
In here now this-ness
Shifting to empathy
Rising to compassion
Rooted in purity
Of blissful soul presence
In vibrant stillness
Old 27-01-2022, 05:17 PM
Master
Indulgence is definitely the culprit. A very wonderful and insightful poem Unseeking Seeker.
Old 27-01-2022, 11:36 PM
Guide

Deep Listening is Surrender of the Self.

Thank you again Starman for your post here, surrender can be a emotive word and has conjured up many spectres in my understanding over the years, I had a severe addiction to alcohol back in the early seventies and got well by going to AA meetings, there the program mentions about handing your life and will over to a power greater than yourself/ Handing over your life and will is in itself a surrender, however I realised that when I took up meditation it seemed not quite so simple as i first thought.
Deep listening within the silence seems to include the art of surrender automatically, thereby all I need to do is listen intently into that most profound and exquisite silence.

regards michael.
Old 28-01-2022, 05:53 AM
Master
I hear what you are saying Michael K. and I embrace it as the most simplistic way to surrender. Although
I also understand that there are people who fear silence. Sometimes we humans make things more complicated
than they need to be.

The first time I had an out-of-body experience I was new to meditation and my mind freaked out; I was holding
on so tightly, and afterwards I got up from my seat and physically ran out of my home, trying to get away from
what I had experienced. I was not surrendered at all.

Fortunately through quiet meditation over time the silence did bring me into that surrender, and I had other
out-of-body experiences with the freedom to enjoy. I find it amazing how we fight against our own self, and
stand in the way of that which could help us realize that Self.

I am of the opinion that alcoholics drink because they don’t want to go through withdrawal. There is a fear,
a pain, and a total uncomfortable feeling in the alcohol withdrawal process. Depending on severity, delirium
tremors, hallucinations, etc., may occur. Surrendering to something greater, as AA teaches, has been one of
the most successful approaches worldwide to long term sobriety.
Old 28-01-2022, 05:24 PM
Guide

Many thanks once again STARMAN for your insights here, along with AA meditation saved my life back in 1974 when I started meditating, it gave me insights into my own ignorance, and put me in touch with my higher self.

Handing over to a higher power than myself took a hell of a lot of practice and
it was not until I was able to enter into the deep silence within, that it began to dawn upon me that deep listening was very much akin to surrender, and this realization seemed to simplify something that at first seemed very difficult.

The realizing that i was an immortal divine soul incarnated within a physical vehicle followed on quickly from that realization. SELF realization begins to dawn slowly. No doubt it will speed up more quickly if "I" get out of the way!

regards michael.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:27 PM
Guide

Deep listening is surrender of the Self.

I have found in my many years of meditation that the "dance of life ends in stillness" when all is totally still and motionlessness life which to me means spirit being expressed, thereby surrenders its motioning ability, and thereby
becomes that of pure spirit, unexpressed within its entirety of the void.

In this placeless place even "I" am gone, all that exists is AM awareness.
Thereby loosing everything I have gained NO-THING.

regards michael.