Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

View Poll Results: Do you *like* Yahveh?
Yes 7 35.00%
No 8 40.00%
I feel neutral about Him 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Master
Do you *like* Yahveh?

This God has got some seriously bad press over the years; amongst other things. I've been itching to ask this; do you *like* Yahveh? He is bold, ruthless, personal and many other things. How do you feel about Him?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Master
you crack me up, Honza. I voted no.
Old 17-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
you crack me up, Honza. I voted no.

I like to keep you all on your toes!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Knower

I voted "no", but, of course, a guardian God is limited by his material.

Deuteronomy 32.8 (quoted from memory):
"When the Most High divided mankind, he fixed the bounds of the nations according to the number of Gods, and the descendants of Jacob were the allotment of Jahweh."

The bit they don't quote:
- Oh Lord! Do I have to? You can see what they're like: it's going to be genocide and ethnic cleansing all over Canaan, what ever I say!
- Sorry son; I know it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it. Look at it this way. You're probably thinking that Marduk's struck lucky drawing the Babylonians. Well, between you and me, in a few thousand years he'll be out of a job and hardly anyone will remember who the Babylonians were.
Old 17-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Master

God from back then is the same as God from now.
Nowadays God seems very detached from us.
I believe this was always this way.
The Bible is full of parables and metaphors.

My personal experience with God is very positive, so I voted yes.
Old 18-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Master
Don't be scared..........

Yahveh is no God.

I didn't bother voting.
Old 18-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann
I voted "no", but, of course, a guardian God is limited by his material.

Deuteronomy 32.8 (quoted from memory):
"When the Most High divided mankind, he fixed the bounds of the nations according to the number of Gods, and the descendants of Jacob were the allotment of Jahweh."

The bit they don't quote:
- Oh Lord! Do I have to? You can see what they're like: it's going to be genocide and ethnic cleansing all over Canaan, what ever I say!
- Sorry son; I know it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it. Look at it this way. You're probably thinking that Marduk's struck lucky drawing the Babylonians. Well, between you and me, in a few thousand years he'll be out of a job and hardly anyone will remember who the Babylonians were.

Is this that train of thought that says Yahweh isn't the main god but a lesser god? Not the god of creation?
Old 19-07-2015, 01:45 AM
Master
ah come on, that's not fair, MP :)
Old 19-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Master
Everyone is naturally born sinful (hateful, vengeful, evil), so logically there is rebellion against the creator of life - God (good, live).
Old 19-07-2015, 04:20 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
Everyone is naturally born sinful (hateful, vengeful, evil), so logically there is rebellion against the creator of life - God (good, live).

I strongly disagree Tristran and I cannot understand who has taught you that everyone is born evil, how can you even think a newborn baby is evil, sinful etc: a new baby is beautiful, innocent, pure and it's quite disturbing to know that some can think otherwise. Please don't waste your time quoting verses of the bible as I am not interested in that nonsense.