Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-04-2021, 06:48 PM
Seeker

How to work on mediumship

All my life I've dealt with hearing and seeing apparitions. Always had cool ghost stories to tell my friends in school.

Some years back this started happening more frequently as my life became more stressful in my career. I discovered Reiko, Chakra balances, going to classes that involved some spiritual work. From all that I have been told several times I am a medium. Which explains all my ghost stories :) anyone have some suggestions on how I can grow this? I do understand this is not ment to be played with at all, its hard when family members visit and I get random words in my head that I am unsure of the message.
Old 25-04-2021, 06:00 PM
Experiencer
hello tigerlily you need to learn to meditate on a regular time period to quiten the ego mind thats constantly chatting even when your not doing anything do you have any empathic tendacies as a lot of spiritual people are empaths but this does not mean non empaths are non the less id check out other sites as well this pandemic has messed a lot of people up
Old 25-04-2021, 11:49 PM
Seeker

Yes, I am an empath. I will try and meditate more. For the most part I think I shut off the spirits and have shielded the house. I haven't felt anything the past few days. What do you mean this pandemic messed up a lot of people and by telling me to go to another site?
Old 26-04-2021, 04:20 PM
Master
Hi,

I am a telepathic medium. My suggestion for evolving your skills and abilities is to work more with your own spiritual guidance team.

Most do that through a meditative practice. Your higher self can be the most helpful I find. Any way that is my suggestion.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
Yes, I am an empath. I will try and meditate more. For the most part I think I shut off the spirits and have shielded the house. I haven't felt anything the past few days. What do you mean this pandemic messed up a lot of people and by telling me to go to another site?

Variety is the spice of life
Old 01-05-2021, 03:13 AM
Master
Find a spiritualist church that
has an open circle it will cost
you next to nothing and you
may make new friends who
are the same as you.
Don't know where you live i live in London we have loads here.
But not many had an open circle when i used to go.
Ive now became a bit of a hermit.
But you could start your own im sure a church would be into it.
You all sit around in a circle and some one says a prayer of protection and then you give each other messages.
Together we are stronger.
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 01-05-2021 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
All my life I've dealt with hearing and seeing apparitions. Always had cool ghost stories to tell my friends in school.

Some years back this started happening more frequently as my life became more stressful in my career. I discovered Reiko, Chakra balances, going to classes that involved some spiritual work. From all that I have been told several times I am a medium. Which explains all my ghost stories :) anyone have some suggestions on how I can grow this? I do understand this is not ment to be played with at all, its hard when family members visit and I get random words in my head that I am unsure of the message.
The first thing you should do is be discerning about who you listen to, because having ghost stories may not be anything to do with mediumship. Mediumship involves a direct link to Spirit and that doesn't mean ghosts, the Spirit link is 'internal' and means connecting to a channel of communications. Ghosts are psychic phenomena, so while mediums are psychic - so you might be able to sense ghosts as a medium - psychics are not mediums. Spirit links generally have to be created at the time, the medium having to tune into Spirit depending on what kind of medium they are.

If you're taking advice from people, be sceptical and find the right questions to ask them first. Don't get caught up in the excitement of it all because wrong information here can be dangerous. As Pagandell said, go to a Spiritualist church. A lot of people have too much to say about too many things they don't know about. I'm a clairsentient medium although I'm not practising and more.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:29 AM
Master
I just thought churches may not
be open because of covid not
sure where you live.
I talk to people i new who have passed on every day i ask them questions about what is going
on in my life.
And i get some really good advice.
I just see there face get there vibe
and comunicate with them.
To me it seems a very simple
thing to do.
But im not sure if it's friends
and loved ones who have passed on my higher self or certain
spirits looking out for me or.......
in places where others do not.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Deactivated Account
This message addresses primarily UK based members. The situation in the US will be different.

Spiritualist churches and centres affiliated to the SNU are mostly still not operating as they used to because of government pandemic restrictions placed on organisations. The SNU has drawn up protocols for opening but some, perhaps many, may find difficulty meeting those protocols and those churches may remain closed for a time yet.

In time, though, we're hoping churches and centres will again open the way they once did and at that time development groups will begin sitting. Those with heightened sensitivity may wish to join an open circle to see if they have the potential to become mediums.

In the meantime it's a good opportunity to research and study what mediumship is about compared with psychism. It's also perhaps a last chance to see mediumship in action by attending demonstrations via the Zoom platform. Many churches - UK and US NSAC alike - are doing Zoom meetings and other than where there are large time difference it doesn't matter where in the world you live.

Attend a few of those and you'll observe various styles of mediumship and become familiar with the format. Over the past few months I've attended a fair few myself and most are free or encourage voluntary donations. Doing that you'll be helped decide if your own attributes are mediumistic or primarily psychic.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:30 PM
Administrator
I would have to second what Bobjob has said.in the next village to where i live they have just re opened the spiritual development circle.
so i dont think others will be to far behind either

Namaste