Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-04-2021, 04:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Duality in relation to Trinity

The Source of The Universe is Triune, not Dual. Duality is a subset of Trinity.

Duality is "Not The Whole Picture", hence subject to distortion.

Dualistic Polarization is the root of many of the problems currently plaguing society. (political parties, tribalism, me vs you, etc.)

Good & Bad cannot exist without a "Third Party", a "Consciousness", a "3rd Point"in which the good and bad can be perceived.

The Nature & Source of Creation is Triune, NOT Dualistic.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:56 AM
Master

You posted on the Non Duality forum, which is generally attended by people believing in Oneness (I'm not one of them), but your mentioning of the Trinity and Duality begged my asking:
is Trinity the unifying belief in Duality and Oneness,
as in 3 = 2 + 1 ?
(kidding )

Interestingly, in Sanskrit their declension has: singular, dual, and plural ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:58 AM
Newbie ;)

haha all kiddiing aside, thats a brilliant way to put it. thats exactly what im trying to say
Old 10-04-2021, 02:22 PM
Guide
A lot of religious symbols cover the concept of 3s : Christianity, Jainism, Hinduism etc

The tarot teaches it too.

1 is the energy (existence/consciousness)
2 is the Other
3 is the movement

These are the foundations
Old 10-04-2021, 05:36 PM
Experiencer

If you look at the Tree of Life...Kabbalah or Qabalah, depending on your paradigm...there is Trinity, but then also higher than Trinity.

And yes, there can be a union of opposites to reach that, but there is also a Middle Pillar path that avoids the pitfalls of the opposites.

The bit you said about dualistic polarization made me think of this song.

For all things to exist, they must collide.

https://youtu.be/IzKjFTAbhjg
Old 10-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Master

according to taoism, when you talk about oneness you talk about oneness. When you talk about duality you talk about the fact there are two things, with a fence between them. Then when you start focussing on the fence you are looking at the third thing, and now you have a trinity. From there you start cascading one thing on another and then there are a myriad of things which all seem separate. But what you don't get is the separatness is merely an illusion of the mind, where you've starting making random slices in the pie so that instead of considering it as a whole pie, you only consider the pieces and how they should be divied up.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:18 PM
Master

I like the idea of a whole pie. Surely if I can safely eat it
Old 14-04-2021, 03:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
according to taoism, when you talk about oneness you talk about oneness. When you talk about duality you talk about the fact there are two things, with a fence between them. Then when you start focussing on the fence you are looking at the third thing, and now you have a trinity. From there you start cascading one thing on another and then there are a myriad of things which all seem separate. But what you don't get is the separatness is merely an illusion of the mind, where you've starting making random slices in the pie so that instead of considering it as a whole pie, you only consider the pieces and how they should be divied up.

I like that! We try to explain Oneness using a language which is strictly dualistic. You can see there's already a problem. We're all Oneness speaking to itself! I think that "One" has nothing else to do...
Old 14-04-2021, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
If you look at the Tree of Life...Kabbalah or Qabalah, depending on your paradigm...there is Trinity, but then also higher than Trinity.

And yes, there can be a union of opposites to reach that, but there is also a Middle Pillar path that avoids the pitfalls of the opposites.

The bit you said about dualistic polarization made me think of this song.

For all things to exist, they must collide.

https://youtu.be/IzKjFTAbhjg
Well said.
Old 17-04-2021, 03:21 AM
Guide
Quote:

I love this thread. There's very simple instructions regarding the trinity taught in practice that create amazing results by taking that Middle Way.

I think it's also important to note that duality doesn't go away as some people think, it's always still there except there's also this whole other thing that isn't it at the same time lol...