Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 20-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Ascender
Style of yoga aligned with awakening syptoms

Which style of yoga would you recommend to practice if you are experiencing the kundalini awakening symptoms?. Or any style will work? I would love to balance my energy and keep opening my chakras. I know nothing about yoga, and I am not from the spiritual environment, so many thanks for your patience!
Old 21-01-2015, 07:30 AM
candelight

I would ask the question this way instead: What do I want to improve?

Kundalini yoga if you do not want an intensive workout. Kundalini yoga has a greater focus on breathing. You will practise the breath of fire.

Hatha and asthanga yoga are intensive workouts. You will eventually become more flexible and develop a greater mental strength because of the positions you perform.* thinking of navasana position for instance*

You could go for Bikram yoga, aka, "hot yoga" as you perform a series of positions in a 38-40 degree warm room.

Bikram yoga, at least, where I live, is based on asthanga yoga. Bikram yoga will help you with detox and with tight muscles.

I am going through the awakening process as well and I think , Bikram yoga would be fun. I have not practised it yet however I feel it would help a lot with tight muscles plus the detoxing benefit :)
Old 21-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Ascender
Thanks for your answer and suggestions Candelight, very helpful.
Old 22-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Suspended

You need to be very careful about kundalini, because your playing with fire. Also, you need a good teacher.
My path is different because the kundalini descends from above (much safer). Your's sounds like the traditional awakening from below-up, so there can be many complications if you start messing around with breathing techniquēs without proper guidance - especially if the Force goes up the wrong channel. Just read the books by gopi krishna or watch his youtube vids.
Everyone these days, seems to imagine their going through a Kundalini awakening - l don't think it's as widespread as ppl think. lt's certainly not the Full Awakening that l've heard about - what most experience is a very partial experience IMO..
Old 22-01-2015, 09:16 PM
candelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
You need to be very careful about kundalini, because your playing with fire. Also, you need a good teacher.
My path is different because the kundalini descends from above (much safer). Your's sounds like the traditional awakening from below-up, so there can be many complications if you start messing around with breathing techniquēs without proper guidance - especially if the Force goes up the wrong channel. Just read the books by gopi krishna or watch his youtube vids.
Everyone these days, seems to imagine their going through a Kundalini awakening - l don't think it's as widespread as ppl think. lt's certainly not the Full Awakening that l've heard about - what most experience is a very partial experience IMO..

Very interesting. Durgaa, why is an descending awkening safer? Losely, what are the differences between the ascension and descending awakening? My awakening started from the top and I think, and can feel that grounding will be a real challenge for me.

Would Love to hear from you
Old 23-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa

Thanks. How can you tell mine is from below-up? And how can one tell the difference from one to the other? Well, I have been feeling this strong pull for doing some yoga but in a good way, with a teacher. Either way, where I live I don´t have a lot of options. Probably will start with some vinyasa yoga. It seems very gentle, do you know something about this style?
Old 23-01-2015, 07:22 AM
candelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebutterflycr
Thanks. How can you tell mine is from below-up? And how can one tell the difference from one to the other? Well, I have been feeling this strong pull for doing some yoga but in a good way, with a teacher. Either way, where I live I don´t have a lot of options. Probably will start with some vinyasa yoga. It seems very gentle, do you know something about this style?

I think you could research some places you are interested in training yoga and then find out what is their emphasis for that vinyasa yoga. It can vary a lot from place to place. Also teachers have their own style.

I go to my gym centre and we do power yoga( hatha yoga), which is a mixture of different things and it varies from instructor to instructor.

I recommend you to go to one of those "try" classes if you can. Those are free :) If you like it then you know what you need to do. If there is something like an introductory yoga class, then you could go for that too.

I am going next week on a "try" out for hot asthanga for 90 minutes. It will be interesting doing a complete asthanga yoga session.

What are you hoping to improve with yoga?

You can read this:https://yogaisforlovers.wordpress.co...asa-flow-yoga/
Old 23-01-2015, 09:59 AM
TesseLated

Someone recently posted this link in another thread...so glad I found it ...excellent for all kinds of yoga...all free

http://www.doyogawithme.com/

Also, expansive info on kundalini, self-realization, etc...Q & A format in many parts-love it

http://lovebliss.eu/kundalini.html
Old 23-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseLated
Someone recently posted this link in another thread...so glad I found it ...excellent for all kinds of yoga...all free

http://www.doyogawithme.com/

Also, expansive info on kundalini, self-realization, etc...Q & A format in many parts-love it

http://lovebliss.eu/kundalini.html

Thanks for those links and info. Very interesting what they say about the kundalini energy.
Old 23-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Ascender
Thanks, and yes you are right, at the end one should stay with the one that feels better for you.

Since I started to became aware of my energy and the energies around me, I feel the need to balance it, to clean it, and to reach a high vibe state and stay there for longer periods. It feels blissful for me. I started with a simple yoga you tube video, for complete beginers, and it felt great. And now I want more. So, that's why I want formal yoga classes and with a teacher that can guide me with the techniques and postures, specially at the beginning.

I have been looking around, you know. I am looking for a place with that vibe, low light, calmed music, peaceful environment. The high vibe I am loving. Last week I went to some yoga clases in an oriental dance academy and it felt good the environment is good but it is lacking of the quiet and meditation state. It feels more like yoga for exercise.

So I am still looking, maybe I am very picky lol. I am thinking that maybe a studio exclusive for yoga is better. And the only studio exclusive for yoga that I found close to me, they teach yoga vinyasa, so I will try the first free class next week and will see how I feel.

Your link about that style was great, and it seems to fit into what I am looking, specialy the "moving meditation" part. And I liked that is a freer style so it will lead me to put my style on my routine in the future.

So, thanks for the links and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by candelight
I think you could research some places you are interested in training yoga and then find out what is their emphasis for that vinyasa yoga. It can vary a lot from place to place. Also teachers have their own style.

I go to my gym centre and we do power yoga( hatha yoga), which is a mixture of different things and it varies from instructor to instructor.

I recommend you to go to one of those "try" classes if you can. Those are free :) If you like it then you know what you need to do. If there is something like an introductory yoga class, then you could go for that too.

I am going next week on a "try" out for hot asthanga for 90 minutes. It will be interesting doing a complete asthanga yoga session.

What are you hoping to improve with yoga?

You can read this:https://yogaisforlovers.wordpress.co...asa-flow-yoga/

Last edited by Bluebutterflycr : 23-01-2015 at 03:13 PM.