Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-03-2016, 05:41 AM
Newbie ;)

Asked About Love-Got Something Else?!?

Hello, I'm new to practicing Tarot, and could really use some help chugging through this reading. It was a 16 card reading. I found this spread on mindspiritmotion.com

16th card- Chariot
I'm actually relocating out of state, for a change in my life's direction in a week. I had a really horrible last year(Dad passed) and im looking forward to a fresh start.

1,2,3---Temperence, Judgment, and Strength
All 3 of these spirits are being used , as my move is bittersweet, but is much needed in order to grow into the woman I want to be.

4,5,6--- Death, Star, The Sun
Nothing has ever had such a negative impact on my life as the loss of my Father, I wish it hadn't happened, but am trying to move toward a place where I can let my sorrow die, which is not gonna come immediately(The Star), but I will get there it will be almost bliss maybe? (The Sun)

7,8,9-- Fool, Hanged Man, Hermit
My state of mind in my persuit of happiness can be perceived as foolish, but I find it liberating. Leaving my apt, furniture, and everything simply to experience the world, and to withdraw from those close in order to advance in the spiritual and physical realm.

10, 11, 12--- Devil, Emporer, The Moon
I think this is my most recent past, the Emporer is my dad(Aries), I have been at war with another side of myself...the side I don't like that much, very dark, and hopeless

13, 14, 15--- Empress, Magician, The Lovers
I think that here I have to call upon trusting the feminine divine side of vulnerability- I have a serious problem w/letting people in, and I need to realize that I'm strong enough to not be broken if they see all of me and don't like it, taking my knowledge the universe gives me, and applying it in the physical I can make something happen?

This reading is everywhere, but I'm trying! Haha, any advice?
Old 13-03-2016, 08:56 AM
55Degrees

16 cards as a beginner is very ambitious, even seasoned readers would be reluctant to read such a large spread.
It would help if you post the card positions and the question you asked and you may get some input, however with so many cards involved I don't know how successful you'll be in a full response.

Last edited by 55Degrees : 13-03-2016 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 13-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Gee, Pices...now I feel shamed 🙀-jk! Thanks for your response. My original question was will my best guy friend and I advance romantically with one another?

I feel like I have an answer to more of my life as opposed to my love life. Is this a normal occurrence?
Old 13-03-2016, 04:01 PM
55Degrees

It can happen sometimes, however its more likely that you aren't interpreting the cards in context to your question. I think this http://mindspiritmotion.com/wp_admin...-major-arcana/ may be the spread you used.

You have asked a simple Yes/No question when tarot really isn't the best tool to answer such questions (toss a coin or use a pendulum).

For a question as straightforward as yours I'd have done a 3-5 card spread using the entire deck, asking what could be done to progress from friendship to a romantic relationship (if that is what you are hoping for).
Old 13-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for your feedback Pisces! I'm gonna get a pendulum today-never thought about it before. I will continue to practice using 5 cards or less until I become more skilled. A coin toss works too? How?
Old 13-03-2016, 05:29 PM
55Degrees

It's all about setting the intention. Ok, tossing a coin may be a touch flippant but you still have a 50/50 chance of getting the right answer, exactly the same as interpreting the cards the right or wrong way. That's why tarot is all about learning and practice, it narrows those odds but only once you have learned how the cards interact.

You don't need to buy a pendulum, you can make on easily with a ring or pendant fixed to some thread or a necklace chain. It works in the exact same way and saves money too
Old 13-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Master
Actually, often when you are more experienced with cards, you don't tend to do such large spreads. You don't need to. You can get all the info out of much less cards.
I think it's just beginners erm ... not-knowing, insecurity or whatever, thinking that more is better. It isn't. It's just more confusing and doesn't necessarily give more detail / depth to a reading at all.

For instance ... last year I'd designed a year spread, did a number of readings for ppl, testing it. After some 10 readings, I got fed up, lot of work, but there were still more ppl wanting a year reading.
So I reduced the spread from 13 to 5 cards and surprise surprise!! I got as much depth as with the 13 card spread.
(I'd already noticed when doing the large version that many cards came up with the same info, just different words, so they were redundant. That's the ones I took out to create the smaller spread)

So as for advice ... just draw 1 card where you now got three. I think you'll find if you use the 1st one you got and get rid of the other 2, you can make this reading work.
So 1 2 3 is Temperance only
4 5 6 is Death only
etc. etc.

And indeed no "Yes/No" Questions.
Old 13-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Master
for the "yes/no" questions, i found a "magic eight ball" type
site online which is fun to play with. it was simple to find.
i find tarot readings useful and insightful. they can provide
a depth of understanding which is otherwise elusive.
however, the stuff that the OP is looking to address appears to require
a more 'masculine energy' brought into operation.
"will i recover from my grief?", "will my relationship stay strong?"...
these are worded rather passively; needlessly.
i suggest that a more proactive approach would serve much better:
first, determine through meditation or some such that these things
are in alignment with your 'life-path', and that you do indeed desire them.
second, phrase your queries as: "what can i do to recover from my grief",
and "how can i ensure that my relationship strengthens".
third, gather the ingredients (which you discover through tarot reading
or otherwise) and begin the metaphorical cooking processes.
the point is to set your intentions, and become the master of your life.
just some thoughts for ya,
H:O:R:A:C:E
Old 13-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Wow! I'm so thankful for all of the advice you guys. I don't know anyone that personally uses any of these methods, so I'm happy to have guidance.

Pisces Moon Got it! Your site is lovely, btw.

Yes, Fairy Crystal on most of the websites they say the more cards the more detailed- I, however get the most confusion. Haha

Horace--- I wondered why I saw so many male figures in my spread.... So becoming more proactive in my thought process, while using the Tarot should yield more accurate readings?
Old 20-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Master
sorry for the delayed response; site crash.

my concern, for you, is that i sensed you've been seeking permission from
the world/universe to experience particular things, which seems sorta backwards.
if you know what you're wanting, you inform the universe and it
is responsible for making that happen... the universe responds to you!
if you're unsure of your wants, then various divination techniques can
connect you to your higher self wherein you can discover your will for you.
does that make sense?
we humans aren't meant to be pawns manipulated by indifferent masters
(as in the Illuminati or Anunnaki), but our own masters.

Quote:
RogueRogueRogue:
13, 14, 15--- Empress, Magician, The Lovers
I think that here I have to call upon trusting the feminine divine side of vulnerability- I have a serious problem w/letting people in, and I need to realize that I'm strong enough to not be broken if they see all of me and don't like it, taking my knowledge the universe gives me, and applying it in the physical I can make something happen?
that is very good.
vulnerability is a (paradoxical?) strength.